Exclamation That article gave me shivers.

[QUOTE]There must be something particularly trustworthy about the Jordanian journalist Fouad Hussein. After all, he has managed to get some of the the most sought after terrorists to open up to him. Maybe it helped that they spent time together in prison many years ago -- when Hussein was a political prisoner he successfully negotiated for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi to be released from solitary confinement. Or is it because of the honest and direct way in which he puts his ideas onto paper? Whatever the reason, the result is that a film which Hussein made about al-Zarqawi has even been shown on al-Qaida affiliated Web sites. "That showed me that they at least felt understood," the journalist says.
    Even for an Arab journalist it is no easy matter getting in touch with al-Qaida's inner circle. Nevertheless, Hussein, who is based in Amman, Jordan, has succeeded in turning his correspondence with the terrorists into a remarkable book: "al-Zarqawi - al-Qaida's Second Generation."
    If you meet Hussein, as you might when he is relaxing in Amman's Caf

Default Re: That article gave me shivers.

Thanks a lot Don Hussein Dadda

Anybody got spark notes for the OP

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

An interesting read, to be sure... but a lot of what may seem like incredible foresight and bullet points for jihad were fairly predictable around 2005. Syria was clearly the next front for the war by that stage and Assad's regime was teetering.

The Iraq War is the worst foreign policy disaster in the history of the United States. I will hand it to the terrorist networks for that one. They instigated that fight and the oval office and congress seemingly gladly reciprocated by clearing away an enemy of the Islamic State, leaving the perfect power vacuum in the heart of the Middle East. It was the kind of misstep that is almost unfathomable now.

We cleared away a secular dictator in an area of the world teeming with religious extremists looking to expand their global reach, one house, one street, one township at a time... and here they are essentially handed a country on a silver platter. We will be paying for that blunder for a long, long time.

It was a product of concete... the notion that it would be easier to wipe out an existing -- albeit terrible -- regime and replace it with a puppet government while not even conceiving the threat that something much worse could take its place.

We would be wise to look at the mistakes that have been made and choose our next steps carefully. This manifesto is still a huge reach and the end-game probably isn't even possible in the context that they think it is (the West would never become subservient to an Islamic State)... but they could continue taking very real steps toward controlling and terrorizing the Middle East and threatening Israel and India.

Well, it wasn't that predictable considering the author of that article felt phases 4 to 7 were delusional, and we've already seen phases 4 and 5 come to pass. ^^^^^

And at every step we've helped them in their plans

And people call these guys stupid; if they're stupid, then what the hell are western politicians? A bunch of foolish children and straight up retards?

Actually, there may be some validity to that appraisal. So many people were warning that the Syrian and Libyan uprisings were driven primarily by Islamist fanatics, but no-one listened, and many still don't (Dondadda). At least Obama seems to be coming round.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    An interesting read, to be sure... but a lot of what may seem like incredible foresight and bullet points for jihad were fairly predictable around 2005. Syria was clearly the next front for the war by that stage and Assad's regime was teetering.

The Iraq War is the worst foreign policy disaster in the history of the United States. I will hand it to the terrorist networks for that one. They instigated that fight and the oval office and congress seemingly gladly reciprocated by clearing away an enemy of the Islamic State, leaving the perfect power vacuum in the heart of the Middle East. It was the kind of misstep that is almost unfathomable now.

We cleared away a secular dictator in an area of the world teeming with religious extremists looking to expand their global reach, one house, one street, one township at a time... and here they are essentially handed a country on a silver platter. We will be paying for that blunder for a long, long time.

It was a product of concete... the notion that it would be easier to wipe out an existing -- albeit terrible -- regime and replace it with a puppet government while not even conceiving the threat that something much worse could take its place.

We would be wise to look at the mistakes that have been made and choose our next steps carefully.
    This manifesto is still a huge reach and the end-game probably isn't even possible in the context that they think it is (the West would never become subservient to an Islamic State)... but they could continue taking very real steps toward controlling and terrorizing the Middle East and threatening Israel and India.
    Look at the positions western leaders took over Libya and Syria: they haven't learnt anything from past mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    Anybody got spark notes for the OP
    So dumb he can read a paragraph with more than 3 sentences. Dumbest poster of All time after Arbitrary Water