Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2007, 01:49 AM   #46
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Default Re: J-Rich for Brandon Wright

Does it mean that Carter will definitely not going to Bobcats and remain a net?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:55 AM   #47
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Does it mean that Carter will definitely not going to Bobcats and remain a net?
I'd say so. The only other team now that could offer him the money that the Nets can would be Orlando I think, and I don't know if they'll do that. No point in the Bobcats having both Richardson and Carter.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:27 AM   #48
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
This offseason has to be the most active in the last 5 years, at least.

And NBA Gms are still aren't allowed to talk to free agents, I foresee a very, very fun NBA offseason these next two months
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:32 AM   #49
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

I was looking forward to Warriors Blazers games this year. They whooped us in the final game, but it was fun to watch them play. I remember J rich stroking 3's, his contribution is not something you can replace. I think this makes them less fun to watch.

What is Jordan thinking. He was getting some great big men, and he already has Gerald Wallace and Morrison. Dumb move. At least he brought Kwame Brown to the league, so that makes up for it all.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:43 AM   #50
Heretik32
Myrrh

J-Rich is a great fit for Charlotte, maybe even the missing piece. If they can somehow convince Wallace to stay, this'll be one of the surprise teams of the season.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:44 AM   #51
LJJ
Extra Cheese

It's nice to see trades that make good sense for both teams. And it's nice to see the Cats land J-Rich.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:05 AM   #52
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Richardson has only been hurt once right? Last year was the only season of his career where he played less then 75 games but people are talking about him like he has an annual injury like Vince Carter. For a team with as many prospects as we have in Morrison, Felton, and Hollins we needed a sure thing, and seeing that Felton has spent a substantial chunk of his career playing the 2 we needed a shooting guard. Richardson is better than the others ones avialable and is only 26, and with how the East is looking if we can get Gerald Wallace back we're set to make a playoff push.

Golden State made a good deal too, they got a 4 who will be at home in their up tempo offense and now can stay just as up-tempo as they once were while now gaining a second quality 6'10+ player to pair with Andris Biedrens. They also cleared a glut at the swings with them now only having Ellis, Jackson, Belinelli (if he comes over), and the ability to bring back their own free agents Pietrus and Barnes. And all that while getting a $10 mil trade exception to allow them to make another big deal within the next year.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #53
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Well Richardson is bigger than Brandan Wright, so GS jsut got smaller......:
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #54
apriorist
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
Good trade for Charlotte. They get a legit scorer, who can put fans in the stands. Golden State, on the other hand, is taking a risk on Wright. Sure he might be great, but he's very raw. It's definately a step in the wrong direction for them in terms of the immediate future.

Do you really think Richardson will bring in fans? I just don't see people getting too excited about him. Besides he only shot 41% last year.

I agree that GS is taking a risk on Wright, though.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #55
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

so did jrich really lose his explosiveness / ability to take it to the rim, or did he start shooting 50% 3s because of nellie and bd?

he's only 26, so he hasn't hit his prime yet. i don't know what to think until we know how f'd up his game really is.

not sure about wright either. when jordan drafted him i had about 100 kwame flashbacks, but he's got the physical tools to be great.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:41 AM   #56
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Trading Jason Richardson will save the GS Warriors alot of money ( 8.6 Million Dollars) they can use that salary to buy or get some decent Free Agents this off season. Yeah it is kind of weird that GS Warriors is trading one of their best player in the history of their franchise. J-Rich is also my favorite player in the Warriors roster but i expect him to be contributing more in the Charlotte Bobcats lineup nexts season.

I will probably buy a Charlotte Bobcats Jersey next season.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #57
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Dude was balling in the playoffs

He was ballin but he wasnt doing it the same and he lost a lot... He had to rely on his jumper a lot and that offense to get him wide open looks...He struggled to finish at the rim consistently throwing up wild layups that 1year ago would have been free throws or a poster... He lost a lot of spring and looks more stiff out there.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 06-29-2007 at 08:30 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #58
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
Richardson has only been hurt once right? Last year was the only season of his career where he played less then 75 games but people are talking about him like he has an annual injury like Vince Carter. For a team with as many prospects as we have in Morrison, Felton, and Hollins we needed a sure thing, and seeing that Felton has spent a substantial chunk of his career playing the 2 we needed a shooting guard. Richardson is better than the others ones avialable and is only 26, and with how the East is looking if we can get Gerald Wallace back we're set to make a playoff push.

Golden State made a good deal too, they got a 4 who will be at home in their up tempo offense and now can stay just as up-tempo as they once were while now gaining a second quality 6'10+ player to pair with Andris Biedrens. They also cleared a glut at the swings with them now only having Ellis, Jackson, Belinelli (if he comes over), and the ability to bring back their own free agents Pietrus and Barnes. And all that while getting a $10 mil trade exception to allow them to make another big deal within the next year.

its isnt the number of injuries but the way he looked after the injury...He lost a lot of explosiveness and leaping ability..He is still good but not someone you trade for and take on their contract...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:35 PM   #59
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
its isnt the number of injuries but the way he looked after the injury...He lost a lot of explosiveness and leaping ability..He is still good but not someone you trade for and take on their contract...

So we analyze how a player will do post-injury in the same year of their injury now? Especially when its said players first major injury? I don't get that I see no reason why dude won't be the J Rich of old dominating the nightly top 10s same as ever.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:31 AM   #60
nbapoints
I usually hit open layups

I'll miss J-Rich. He carried the Warriors two years ago. That was a great year for him and if he can get back to that level Charlotte will be very happy. I agree with 2letters, this year he came back from the leg injury and you eed more time to come back all the way. I think he did great after a slow start. The first month he sucked badly, but then came on real strong at the end of the season. Good luck Jason.

Wright and Biedrins are two post players who shoot around .600 from the field. They both suck at free throws though. I don't think the Warriors are done trading yet, but I like the idea of Wright and Biedrins playing together. They both are quick footed and athletic big guys, good hands, finish real well and have a soft touch close to the basket. Plus can get blocked shots and rebound.
nbapoints is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: