Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-24-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Player Comparison ..

looking to make some move's in one of my leagues , But am stuck with who to go with..what do you guy's think?

Derrick Rose or Beno Udrih who would you rather have?

Nick Collison or Nene who would you rather have?
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:05 AM   #2
fuzzwuzz24
Can barely lace up my sneakers

fuzzwuzz24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Player Comparison ..

i like rose and collison better nene always gets hurt and never seems to do much collison will get 10 boards coming off bench
fuzzwuzz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:12 AM   #3
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
looking to make some move's in one of my leagues , But am stuck with who to go with..what do you guy's think?

Derrick Rose or Beno Udrih who would you rather have?

Nick Collison or Nene who would you rather have?
Derrick Rose as a long term option. He may have some bad games to begin with (I can see games where he's getting 6+ turnovers) and the Bulls may take some time to work out their rotations, but I think he could be good for the 2nd half of the season. I'm not sold on Udrih, even after his play last year.

As for Collison or Nene, i'd rather have Nene, but his injury history is always a turnoff. I'd keep Nene because provided he's healthy, he should put up bigger numbers then Collison due to a lack of bigmen in Denver. What's your bigmen situation like? Are you planning on starting one of Collison or Nene, or are they bench guys? If you're starting them, then i'd have to say Collison just for health reasons. Same can go for Udrih and Rose. If Rose is playing on the bench, i'd definately keep him over Udrih.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I think with that calibre of player, I'd rather have Nene. He at least has upside and no competition. Collison has Wilcox, Petro, Swift...Joe Smith maybe too?

As for Rose and Udrih...I think I might keep Rose, even for this year. He's looked really good. Depends on what categories you like those. Udrih will have better %'s I would think, less turnovers.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Derrick Rose as a long term option. He may have some bad games to begin with (I can see games where he's getting 6+ turnovers) and the Bulls may take some time to work out their rotations, but I think he could be good for the 2nd half of the season. I'm not sold on Udrih, even after his play last year.

As for Collison or Nene, i'd rather have Nene, but his injury history is always a turnoff. I'd keep Nene because provided he's healthy, he should put up bigger numbers then Collison due to a lack of bigmen in Denver. What's your bigmen situation like? Are you planning on starting one of Collison or Nene, or are they bench guys? If you're starting them, then i'd have to say Collison just for health reasons. Same can go for Udrih and Rose. If Rose is playing on the bench, i'd definately keep him over Udrih.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Here's the situation...it's an 8 team Roto league with only 7 cats(3's pts reb ast stl's blocks TO's...No percentages)

My Team
Calderon
Joe Johnson
TJ Ford
Iggy
Lebron
Al Jeff
Tyson Chandler
Shaq
Bibby
Al Thorton
Durant

Bench
Manu
Derrick Rose
Udrih

Looking at my team..I can see I'm in need for another big man it was either Rose or Udrih ,that had to go, and it was either Nene or Collison on the FA wire.

I've tried numerous times to do trades but have been refused. So this was my next best option. Here's some of the top Big men on the FA wire

Nene
Collison
Kendrick Perkins
Wilcox
Diaw
Brook Lopez
Maxiell
Scola
Ben Wallace
Old 10-25-2008, 12:01 AM   #6
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd say since you have Shaq as a starting C, who's likely to miss 15-20+ games this year, then you'd probably want to play it safe, and pick up Collison. Wilcox and Lopez could also be options to look at too, but i'd pick up Collison.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:21 AM   #7
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

At this point I might rather have Udrih, only because the Chicago backcourt is such a mess and Rose has a learning curve. Udrih will have to deal with Bobby Brown and maybe Bobby Jackson. He's going to get the mins.

My first thought was to take Lopez, just for the blocks factor. He's going to be starting or at least seeing significant mins until Boone is cleared with the heart issue, and will get those important blocks much more often than Nene, Collison etc. He's probably not a long term option though.

Just an FYI - if you're looking for consistent points and boards with not much else, Haslem might be the best bet of all the guys you listed, if he's available.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #8
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Thanks again guys!..I ended up, Picking Nene and dropping Udrih (who was snatched up right away) If Nene doesn't pan out i'm pretty sure Collison will still be there for me on the FA wire.

The reason I chose Nene is simply because he's not competing with anyone for min in Denver and has all the chance in the world to be an effective Center.

As for Haslem ..he's already on another team.

Great advice everyone ..it really helped!!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I'd take Nene just based off what he's done this preseason. He looks completely ready and will have to carry the Nuggets entire post offense on his shoulders alone which mean a lot of rebounds, blocks, points and free throws.

I'd also take Beno over Rose. You don't really know what you'll get with Rose and it isn't a sure thing that he'll be starting all season. Ben Gordon could come out and have a great shooting year and Kirk Hinrich could return to his old form while Rose is still only getting four assists and giving the ball up six times a game and be benched while Beno only has Bobby Jackson behind him who is more of a combo guard so his role on the Kings is very solidified as the starting point guard.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: