Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Personally I don't think he's worth $10m per.. He didn't exactly have a huge impact in the playoffs/finals.. But I'm sure other teams would have lined up if they didn't lock him up.

I think him and harden are really only worth around $5m per year each..NBA, where role players get severely overpaid..
    I agree, to an extent, because I think both are worth more than $5M a year in today's NBA. That takes me to my next point, though, and that in today's league, you're going to have to overpay for your good role players. Someone like Serge, who will only be 23 next season, has already led the league in blocks, and has shown an improved offensive game with a mid-range jumper that's pretty damn good for a PF.

If it comes out in the next few months that Presti also re-signed Harden, then it would lead me to believe they plan on amnestying Perkins after the season.

So that means Perkins will get the ax. if I were OKC I would work on a sign and trade with Harden. He's worthless when he's not getting help from the whistle.

Steve Blake and 1st round pick for Harden

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrant 2
    Steve Blake and 1st round pick for Harden
    That's just too much. Lakers deserve better so it's Blake for Harden, straight. Fair.

If this guy from the Thunder message board is correct, then the yearly structure of his contract will be something like this:

Year 1: $7M
    Year 2: $9.5M
    Year 3: $12M
    Year 4: $14.5M

Which totals out to 4yr/$43M or $10.75M per year.
    Last edited by KG215; 08-18-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Banned

Terrible overpay

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

10m/yr sounds fair to me

That's a pretty incredible deal for OKC. Especially considering the fact that Ibaka is worth way more if he tested free agency.

This is awesome news!
    I really wanted OKC to keep ibaka moreso than harden but this is a step in the direction of retaining our core for the long run.
    I feel that serve will break out this year and develop his defensive game to a higher level than we have seen.

Now amnesty perk and get harden locked down.

Good deal

Feel he could of got more on the open market.

Harden to the Suns...

I think they might wait for Harden to see how he plays after those terrible finals

About right..

I think harden would want to see his value on the open market...

LMAO @ retards here who were proven wrong now the same people who kept saying Ibaka will leave and get a max contract saying he is overpaid