Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Boston could possibly draft shabazz muhammad.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    If i'm Boston I try and get Steven Adams.
    That's who id like them to take as well

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

How about Dieng?

That seems right in the range he's expected to go. Good defensive player, underrated offensive skill. I've seen some "experts" say he is the best passing big man in the draft.

Plus, at 23, he is one of the oldest and most seasoned players in the draft. If the Cs are planning on maybe one more run with their current group, he could provide the most immediate impact available.

Steve Adams is super athletic and fast for a C, i dont see him having injury issues based on how good he seems athletically. Plus he has size hes about 6-11 i think about 7ft in shoes. He wont be a star but i think we should pick up a nice athletic center. Thats what i want. NOW GET IT DONE DANNY

Quote Originally Posted by dbk123

the only thing he and harden have in common is that theyre lefties. shabazz doesnt have hardens ball handling or playmaking skills.
    Harden wasn't the player he is now at that stage of 1 year in college.

Just like Bazz was a different player in HS being viewed as a left-handed Richard Jefferson who gets by on finishing with athleticism but can't shoot consistently. Then he went to college and practically ran off screens hitting jumpers at an efficient rate. So players can adapt.

We don't know what else Bazz would add to his game had he came back for another year in college with scouts noting that he needed to improve as a ballhandler to round out his game. But the Harden comparison is pretty close because Harden found out ways to compensate for having no right hand whatsoever and turned it into getting to the FT line at a high rate.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1
    Steve Adams is super athletic and fast for a C, i dont see him having injury issues based on how good he seems athletically. Plus he has size hes about 6-11 i think about 7ft in shoes. He wont be a star but i think we should pick up a nice athletic center. Thats what i want. NOW GET IT DONE DANNY
    No combo guard, no deal.

Shabazz is probably the most immature player coming into the NBA... Ever. Worse than DMC.

Much. Worse.

Either way, though, whatever team does draft him won't be too bad out of luck if it's not within the lottery picks. He might have the skills to be a top draft pick but not the mental fortitude.

Very good NBA starter

Shabazz sounds like a straight slasher type player. Might be a good addition to Boston with Jeff Green. I've come to realize that the whole "attitude" thing is generally overblown and if a player falls for "attitude" concerns then you're getting a steal.

Banned

Steven Adams should be top of our list. He's a big man with heaps of potential but is still very raw. I'm not sure anymore if he'll fall to us after that great Combine performance he had. Shabazz, I'll be very surprised if he fell to us. I'd probably take him unless Adams is still available.

But honestly, both of them most likely will be taken by our pick, so I guess I'd take Dieng. Seems like a pretty good player who is skilled right now and still has some potential. I'd be happy with Schroeder as well. I think he'll be a great player, All-Star material. I'd consider taking him. Rondo and Schroeder would be really nice. Hopefully, Ainge just gets a good player who will help us in whatever direction were going next year (Hopefully we start rebuilding). Danny seems pretty high on Antetokounmpo so we could be getting him.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Shabazz is probably the most immature player coming into the NBA... Ever. Worse than DMC.

Much. Worse.

Either way, though, whatever team does draft him won't be too bad out of luck if it's not within the lottery picks. He might have the skills to be a top draft pick but not the mental fortitude.
    You have no idea what you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Shabazz sounds like a straight slasher type player. Might be a good addition to Boston with Jeff Green. I've come to realize that the whole "attitude" thing is generally overblown and if a player falls for "attitude" concerns then you're getting a steal.

Demarcus Cousins still pouts and blows up like a little baby, it's actually quite amusing seeing a 'professional' with the maturity level of a 16 year old. I guess maturity isn't that big of an issue if you are looking at role players though. But I don't think it's overblown, look at Terrence Williams, has a great skillset, put up a triple double once, and can barely get off the bench.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

i dont know but shabazz i think can play the 2 along side pierce... if kg and pierce stays then its a toss up between shabazz, adams and hardaway jr for me...

i dont know if we pick dieng since we have fab melo.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    If i'm Boston I try and get Steven Adams.
    They would be lucky to get either. They'll both go before 16

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Lmao like he will still be on the board at 16

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Dude is NOT gonna drop to 16.

He'll probably still land somewhere in the Top 10.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Demarcus Cousins still pouts and blows up like a little baby, it's actually quite amusing seeing a 'professional' with the maturity level of a 16 year old. I guess maturity isn't that big of an issue if you are looking at role players though. But I don't think it's overblown, look at Terrence Williams, has a great skillset, put up a triple double once, and can barely get off the bench.
    True lets be honest though the whole Sacramento organization is dysfunctional. Cousins is a knuckle head but I guarantee you teams like the Sixers, Nets and Wolves are regretting passing up on him in the draft. The talent is there. I'm just saying that these maturity issues are often overblown and there are examples of players smartening up in the right system. I'll admit though Terrence williams I got no excuse for him