Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 10-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #16
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Did Tay Almost Get Traded?

I don't think Tay needs to go. That's such an important position and to find someone who can replace what he gives us defensively will be extremely difficult. I could see them potentially trading Rip. We still have too many guards who need minutes (Stuckey, Gordon, Bynum, Rip). I don't think having Rip play some SF is the answer either. That is an extremely situational thing and couldn't work for long stretches. They obviously just paid Gordon a ton of money so that's the direction Joe D wants to go. Who do they trade him for though? What are our needs anymore? I like the additions of Wilcox and Villaneuva. Wilcox is one of those guys who could suprise us. Ben has been playing well too. They are saying he could actually start. So we've got all the positions covered. May as well have the depth at guard I guess. Plus we just need to see this team play some together. We really don't know exactly what our biggest weaknesses are yet.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think we're going to hear Tay trade rumors for the entire season. It is a bit odd that he didn't play last night...

Quote:
It was curious when Tayshaun Prince was a late scratch Tuesday due to what the team reported as a lower back strain, and Jason Maxiell didn't play against Orlando. Was there a trade in the works? Were they considering packaging Prince and Maxiell for another expiring contract that could help them next summer in the free-agent shopping market? Joe Dumars shot down the suspicions, insisting there are no deals looming. He figures that the Pistons already have enough new faces. But Dumars also must understand that one of the consequences of transition is the perception of a revolving door in the Pistons' locker room. He truly has a team now that requires a program to identify the names. Detroit Free Press
Old 11-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #18
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I did wonder why Max didnt play since hes been our best d-ho defender the last couple of years.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #19
Apocalyptic0n3
The End Is Near

Apocalyptic0n3 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think we're going to hear Tay trade rumors for the entire season. It is a bit odd that he didn't play last night...

I heard a rumor earlier on the WRIF that an Aldridge-Przybilla/Tayshaun-Maxiell swap might be imminent. Just a rumor, but one with some merit. We know that Portland covets Tayshaun, and this would give us a big man that we desperately need (two, actually), as well as make us younger, and actually put us under the cap according to the trade machine.
Apocalyptic0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #20
dd24
College superstar

I'd be shocked to see Portland give Aldridge up. I'd love to see him in Detroit though. I just don't see who they would have to put in his spot. I'd give up Tay for Aldridge though. Once Charlie gets healthy with those two down low we'd be really tough and young down low. I have always liked Pryzbilla too.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #21
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
The funny thing is, teams around the league appear to be just as uninterested in Kaman as those who follow the Clippers. He is big, and he's an okay center.
Reaosn # 9987676 why I would make a horrible NBA GM.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #22
Jumpman10135
Sheeeit Stuckey ballin

Jumpman10135 has an OK reputation so far

Jackson would get booed out of the Palace. And also I think my Dad would kill himself. He HATES Steph.
Jumpman10135 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: