Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012-13 regular season!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Couldn't ask for much more from him or Mo. Marvin better pick it up or they should look to trade him before he opts in.
    Probably be hard to trade him. Package him with Jefferson? Anyway, maybe they should move him to 6th man and give Burks a run as a starter? Or even go with Foye at 2 and Hayward at 3. Could even move Millsap down to the 3 and start Favors. Plenty of options on this team if one guy isn't firing, it's good to see.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Probably be hard to trade him. Package him with Jefferson? Anyway, maybe they should move him to 6th man and give Burks a run as a starter? Or even go with Foye at 2 and Hayward at 3. Could even move Millsap down to the 3 and start Favors. Plenty of options on this team if one guy isn't firing, it's good to see.
    He's tradable. Depends on what they want to take back.

Wouldn't want Burks and Hayward starting together but Hayward makes sense off the bench if Foye is at the one but the rotation hasn't been constant and I'm not sure it should be. Wouldn't want Foye starting either. Demarre maybe but again he's not playing every game and either is Burks so I doubt it will change. Might try Millsap and see how it goes but he's a top 4 already I'm not sure starting him at the 3 is the way to go but Favors is looking good and the big line-up has had a lot of success. Yes Corbin needs to be flexible with the rotation at least.

Jefferson has said he's focused on doing all he can to get the Jazz back to the playoffs for the second straight year, but added that he would consider a return to Boston when he becomes a free agent. CSNNE.com

"This is my first home," said Jefferson, who added that he loves it in Utah because they do things the right way, "kind of like Boston." "This will always be my home away from home, first place I've been; gave me a chance when nobody else did," added Jefferson. "If that (returning to Boston) ever happened, I'd love to do that again. But right now, it's all about taking care of business and finishing the season off right." CSNNE.com
    They can have him! Not sure how they could get him unless they are giving up Rondo though.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22966345&nid...and-gasol-work

If Pau was an expiring contract and Burks wasn't involved sure. He has been on the decline for a couple seasons and it doesn't solve the problem of getting Favors and Kanter on the floor more.

They can have him! Not sure how they could get him unless they are giving up Rondo though.
    Yea, their cap is tied up in KG, Pierce, Rondo and Green for 3 more years, so they couldn't get him as a FA, would have to be a trade. Like you say, Rondo is the only piece the Jazz would want.

Gasol deal is terrible, trade Jefferson, but don't take back 30 year olds who play filled positions who are on big $ and trade a guy like Burks too.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/55...yward.html.csp

I'm all for benching Marvin but Foye should stay on the bench. As long as Tinsley is playing(might start today for Mo though?) Hayward should start with either Burks or Demarre or maybe Millsap but I guess with the big line-up they need another shooter out there.

[QUOTE]A number of NBA GMs -- including the Celtics

Sounds like the last draft was the one to be in. 2014 the GS pick becomes 2 2nd rounders I think if they don't get it this year. I've heard Kavongo mentioned as a guy for the Jazz.
    GS looking like they'll be a .500 team this year, so the pick should be somewhere in the 12-16 range, I think. At this point I reckon they have enough young talent not getting the minutes, so if I could offload it in the Jefferson deal, then i'd go for it.

I'd wait to see if Curry can stay healthy before I make any predictions on GS. Bogut still isn't right.

The on-again, off-again buyout talks between the Jazz and Raja Bell have started to gain some form of traction in the form of interest from other teams.
    Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports has reported that the Lakers, with their new head coach Mike D'Antoni, once again have interest in the 36-year-old Bell. He played under D'Antoni while they were in Phoenix.
    Bell is still sucking money from the Jazz while being asked not to join in any team activity. His buyout seemed imminent in early July, but since then Bell has backed out of the deal. The Jazz have 15 players on roster, so Bell's slot could be used down the line to pick up a mid-season free agent.
    The addition of Bell could add depth to the Lakers with his shooting and defense. He was the best 3-point shooter on the Jazz last season, shooting 39 percent. He was also a feisty defender while healthy last year.
    Kobe Bryant, whose relationship included a playoff clothesline, wanted Bell before he signed with the Jazz and has pushed for him again this season. The biggest problem according to Wojnarowski is the money for the Lakers.
    "With a $100 million payroll and $30 million in additional luxury-tax expenditures, the Lakers are unsure about cutting a player, paying his salary and then paying the additional salary ($1.3 million) and tax that it would take to sign Bell," according to Wojnarowski.
    He also says that the Bulls have also shown some interest in Bell who would add to a complement of strong defensive-minded players.
    Neither team has made any offers or even started making moves for Bell, but the interest has started back up.
    Let him go!

Looks like Kanter and Evans could be unleashed if Al and Favors are both out. They might have to consider cutting Raja or Murphy(assuming they aren't really trying to unload Burks?) to pick up a veteran center to back-up Enes.

[QUOTE]Tyrone Corbin knew he eventually would have to figure this out.
    Earl Watson

First and foremost, the Lakers need defensive help on the wing and they need to strengthen their bench. For those reasons, league sources say D'Antoni is using whatever organizational capital he has to push for the signing of Raja Bell, whose agent, Herb Rudoy, is in the midst of buyout negotiations with the Jazz. Bell would immediately slow the wing penetration that is collapsing the Lakers' defense and exposing their rotational deficiencies on the back side. He's also a career 41 percent 3-point shooter who made a league-high 205 3-pointers in 2006-07 under D'Antoni in Phoenix. And Kobe wants him, so there's that. CBSSports.com