Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Default Re: Breaking: US and Britain pledge to use force within two weeks in Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by sick_brah07
    one day people will look back on this "empire" we live in now and realize it was one of the most corrupt and manipulative empires ever. There has been so much Propaganda the last 20 years that if you do not question everything the US government says and does you are either beyond delusional or actually enjoy being on the winning side crushing the tiny country's
    No offense, but you sound like you are only familiar with the last 20 years.

Default Re: Breaking: US and Britain pledge to use force within two weeks in Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    FDR, but that doesn't make it any less impeachable.

Article one, section eight is pretty clear on this issue, and he did take an oath to "uphold the constitution," but when you're already a kid-killer, what does lying matter?
    So considering FDR died about 80 years ago, I don't see how it's a well duh situation.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    Even with all that precision, they STILL manage to fvck up and kill women and children.
    Yes. There's a lot of arguments to be made against drones, so you don't need make up fake ones about carpet-bombing robots.

Very good NBA starter

one day people will look back on this "empire" we live in now and realize it was one of the most corrupt and manipulative empires ever. There has been so much Propaganda the last 20 years that if you do not question everything the US government says and does you are either beyond delusional or actually enjoy being on the winning side crushing the tiny country's
    It's all part of the plan to destabilize the middle east region. Whether it's Bush or Obama the actors change and funnily enough the script stays the same. Take out Iraq, take out Syria, Iran is next.

   

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    So much nonsense in one little sentence.

Poison gas is worse, much worse.

It's so bad that virtually the entire world has agreed never to use them.

They are much worse than the regular bombs that a drone uses. All those countries in green, use conventional explosives just like the ones drone uses.

Drones are not robots. They are piloted. That is their value. You can watch a suspect for weeks, by keeping different drones in the air.

You don't seem to know what carpet bomb means. It's absolute opposite of what a drone does. Your incoherence shows when you use the word assassin, an assassin kills a specific target, again the opposite of carpet bombing, the opposite of chemical weapons which is designated a weapon of mass destruction.

There's no doubt that drones are more precisely targeted than something like a cruise missile which takes a lot longer to hit its target. There's no doubt that drones involve less destruction than a ground assault on enemy territory. They are far, far less invasive than previous attack methods.

The issue is that ease of use means they are used far more often. We wouldn't have launched thousands of cruise missile attacks or thousands of ground assaults.
    thank you for that post!

bro killing people is killing people
    Is there some sort of alternative logic that applies when you use the word bro? Should I be able to see the deeper truth now?

Killing people is in fact killing people and even with that truism, virtually the whole world maintains a taboo against use of chemical weapons. Why do you think that is?

bro WE USE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION we have killed FARRR MORE CIVILIANS then these terrorist with weapons of massive destruction have done
    Do you have specific instances to cite? or are you just counting?
    How many terrorists have actually gotten their hands on weapons of mass destruction? We know that the 1993 WTC bombing was intended topple one tower into the other in the hopes of killing 50,000 people or more. One incident. We know that Zarqawi in Iraq wanted mass slaughter and used to enjoy bombing the mosques of those who didn't share his view of Islam. We know that in retaliation, some of those who worshipped in those types of mosques took it out on Sunnis with power drills. So maybe killing is not just killing. Even with all the justifie complaints you can make against US policy, if you think there is an equivalence between the US and terrorists like Zarqawi, you've lost me.

Using violence against those who trangress a nearly century-old, international taboo with the hope of keeping that taboo intact and, thus preventing killing of civilians may be justified and is a very different thing from, say, a genocidal campain against Shiites.
    lets be real... we are there to sell weapons and to ****en take oil if you believe the US or UK give two ****s about civilians in Syria and "doing whats right" why the **** do they not give a **** about there own people who are on the street and normal everyday people that have lost everything due to this damn recession that has basically been caused by debts bought onto the country funding these retarded wars
    I'm sorry even with you calling me bro, I'm not following this logic.
    I don't see how we are going to take oil, if we not even putting troops into the country, something no one has proposed yet. Also, are you aware you equating being poor in America to living through a civil war?
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 08-30-2013 at 12:11 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

There's been over 2000 nuclear explosions in the past century(and most by the US) but yet our government thinks these poison gas are inhumane and dangerous.

So much fabricated BS being sprouted from the government and media. All of a sudden it appears Assad's forces are gaining the upper hand and all of a sudden the chemical weapons are being used and we must enter! Then I hear the BS CNN has said that there's thousands of tanks across the country that have the ability to shoot chemical bombs and that we must enter ASAP. But no one are calling out the rebels and how inhumane they are.. Bunch of foreign fighters and jihadists that want to create another Islamist state in the region. I ain't even going to write about the horrible shit they are doing like cannibalism, butchering anyone that opposes them, etc, but it's okay since they're fighting for democracy.

The Military industry complex has one goal in mind. To make war and to make dat $$$. Today it will be Syria, tomorrow it will be Iran.

Banned

So considering FDR died about 80 years ago, I don't see how it's a well duh situation.
    Has there been an amendment to the constitution that I've not been made aware of? PotUS doesn't have the power to declare war.

Yes. There's a lot of arguments to be made against drones, so you don't need make up fake ones about carpet-bombing robots.
    I agree, but I don't think he was intending to mislead anyone, just engaging in hyperbole.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    The Military industry complex has one goal in mind. To make war and to make dat $$$. Today it will be Syria, tomorrow it will be Iran.
    War>Topple regime>Install new regime>Sell military equipment to new regime

No offense, but you sound like you are only familiar with the last 20 years.
    Yeah, he is probably not even aware of the fact that the US Govt was assisting Saddam with some of the most lethal gas attacks in human history back in the 80s.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...attacks/68698/

Banned

The way all this happened was so quickly a chemical weapon attack happened and The West quickly calls for miltary attack. Its like iraq 2.0.
    Last edited by zoom17; 08-30-2013 at 04:47 PM.

National High School Star

I'm waiting on the report. Kevin post it here when the report is released.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    The way all this happened was so quickly a chemical weapon attack happened and The West quickly calls for miltary attack. Its like 2.0.
    Yes, it happened quickly. Because yes, a chemical attack happened.

In that way it's not like 2.0. Because, you know, a chemical attack happened.

Also as far as I know, neither the US or France or anyone is calling on a military campaign to topple Assad. They are related, but distinct issues.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Russia is not going to do shit. They're always all talk. Jack and Ronald proved that.
    ah, they did alot of good shit in chechnya

   

"so much c--k in this tread"

@keyless entry,
    where the hell have you been lately? good to see you here, at least for a moment. :S