Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
30pts5rebs5asts
I hit open layups

30pts5rebs5asts has an OK reputation so far
Default Why don't they make vids on superstars of the NBA anymore?

Back in the 90's... they were making them for Grant Hill, Dream, Ewing, O'neal, Jordan had 6 (which basically could be cut down to 2 or 3 considering a lot of them had the same highlights) and theres a few other videos on other superstars too.

So why don't they make them anymore? Kobe, Lebron, Tmac, Duncan, Garnett...?
30pts5rebs5asts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people
Default Re: Why don't they make vids on superstars of the NBA anymore?

A kid can make an equivalent Youtube video in a couple of hours in his basement.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30pts5rebs5asts
Back in the 90's... they were making them for Grant Hill, Dream, Ewing, O'neal, Jordan had 6 (which basically could be cut down to 2 or 3 considering a lot of them had the same highlights) and theres a few other videos on other superstars too.

So why don't they make them anymore? Kobe, Lebron, Tmac, Duncan, Garnett...?
Yes, I remember those videos, I have a couple my self. Don't forget they had some for Sir Charles, D-Rob, Magic, Bird, Dr. J. Shawn Kemp, Stockton and Malone.

I used the like the NBA Special videos they used to put together, with the GOAT being SuperSlams of the NBA. That video pwned.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:42 AM   #4
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

probably because the new players still haven't been around that long yet. lebron is only in his 5th year.

atm it seems like the nba is phasing out the 90s players and only just getting a new generation of talent. (late 90s early 00s had no one you would want to make a video on).
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:07 AM   #5
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Off the top of my head justi n the last few years....

5 NBA street series videos(2 of them having individual ankle breaker and dunking videos an hour each)
Wade had a full length video called Undeniable
Shaq had one just on his Miami days I think. Called The one and Only or something like that. About being unique.

They still do the yearly champ videos. Bird had one come out not long ago.

Nobody gets anything like Jordan had but there are plenty of modern versions of the Superstars videos.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:09 AM   #6
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation

Don't they have these on NBA tv? I see documentaries of players on youtube and stuff and they were taken off tv. I'm talking about recent ones with chris paul , amare, etc...
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: