Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
ThaSikhest
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ThaSikhest has an OK reputation so far
Default What position should I play?

Height: 6'2 1/4
Weight: 140 (very skinny)

strengths:
- Mid-Range shot
- Driving In
- Passing
- Long body
- I am pretty good at creating shots for myself, despite handles

weaknesses:
- Strength/Weight
- Rebounding
- Dribbling is average, I'd rate it around 6.5 - 7/10 but I am steadily improving
- Have been playing basketball for 8 years, but have never played an organized sport of any kind, but plan to this summer

Other:
- pass first, shoot second kind of player
- favorite move is a fadeaway off the dribble
- have been playing as good as I have ever played in the past month, I think I may be tapping into my potential
-
I am 16 years old and I am a Sophomore and plan on trying out for the Varsity team next year. Everyone but about 3-4 people are my height or taller, so if that is of any help there it is. Best player on team is a 6'3 Point Guard, Junior So, what do you think is the best basketball position for me and who compare my style to in the NBA?

Here is my school's Varsity roster:

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Tea...-08/California
ThaSikhest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:56 PM   #2
Murdashow
I brick open layups

Murdashow has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What position should I play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSikhest

strengths:
- Mid-Range shot
- Driving In
- Passing
- Long body
- I am pretty good at creating shots for myself, despite handles

weaknesses:
- Strength/Weight
- Rebounding
- Dribbling is average, I'd rate it around 6.5 - 7/10 but I am steadily improving
- Have been playing basketball for 8 years, but have never played an organized sport of any kind, but plan to this summer

Other:
- pass first, shoot second kind of player
- favorite move is a fadeaway off the dribble
- have been playing as good as I have ever played in the past month, I think I may be tapping into my potential
-
I am 16 years old and I am a Sophomore and plan on trying out for the Varsity team next year. Everyone but about 3-4 people are my height or taller, so if that is of any help there it is. Best player on team is a 6'3 Point Guard, Junior So, what do you think is the best basketball position for me and who compare my style to in the NBA?

Here is my school's Varsity roster:

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Tea...-08/California

You shouldn't have to ask what position to play. Either a guard, forward, or possibly center. If you have trouble bringing the ball up the court or breaking presses PG is out of th question. SGs generally are good scorers, but don't have to be. If you are a forward you better be able to rebound and have a lot of hustle.
Murdashow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
CJWatson
I brick open layups

CJWatson has an OK reputation so far

I would say SG...but like the guy above said you shouldn't really ask about something like this you should know yourself.
CJWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:05 AM   #4
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shooting Guard
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #5
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Play whatever position you feel comfortable with and just have fun. If you're not good enough to go pro, it isn't going to matter in the long run. Don't waste your youth trying to put a bunch of unnecessary pressure on yourself.

If you really want to be in the NBA, just practice as much as you can on your weaknesses, but if you're not having fun doing it, then it's all a waste of time.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #6
Maniak
Siobhan Sharpe

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shooting Guard is a good choice for you in my personal opinion
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:07 PM   #7
Lil Balla21

Lil Balla21 has an OK reputation so far

I would have to say forward or shooting guard if you are mid-range. But ya you really should know. Just get a feel for it.
Lil Balla21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #8
Trajko

Trajko has an OK reputation so far

Shooting guard if you know you can shoot the ball. especially in those key moments
Trajko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSikhest

Holy shizat, thats Ethiopian skinny...

Yea, I would go for a guard position if I were you. Theres a guy about your size on my team (except he has 30 lbs on you) who plays guard because he gets knocked around inside. Still, because of that he developed a nifty jumper.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
hotsauce2007
I airball my layups

hotsauce2007 has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Re: What position should I play?

well if your very skinny then there is no point in you taking the strength of a forward you are not going to be able to cope with th strength of the players i would say SG would be best for you.
hotsauce2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:36 AM   #11
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

K.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected poster

What I'm more amazed about is the fact that the shortest person on your team (5'8") is your starting center!! Can this guy jump out of the gym or what??
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 AM   #12
thesnowman22
I drain threes.

thesnowman22 has an OK reputation so far

Youre young. get in the weight room NOW.
thesnowman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: