Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #61
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nintendo is killing gaming in front of our eyes

There is nothing funnier than "hardcore" games *****ing about other people having fun with consoles.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #62
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
There is nothing funnier than "hardcore" games *****ing about other people having fun with consoles.

<shrug> Whatever gets you off I guess. I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer. When I need to answer one of these questions I think of what my buddy would say, or how he deals with games. Dude actually schedules his vacation from work sometimes when there's a big release like Gears of War 2. I don't know how it can get more hardcore than that.

I find it hilarious that Kent is trying to argue the Wii is hardcore, but GTA isn't. I mean sh*t, they're only considered some of the best titles of all time.

It just makes him sound even more selfish and petty that he actually thinks the majority of people should consider Wii to be hardcore.

I like to live in reality.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #63
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wasn't really referring to you Mat. I just have always found it odd that hardcore guys/fans, no matter what the subject is hate the casual fan whose spending makes the deep/hardcore stuff possible. Nintendo is not ruining gaming. They are making it accessible to people who otherwise would not play them. This may cause the userinterfaces of future consoles to be altered, but gifted game architects will be able to make them work. I for one got a little tired of new systems only being upgrades graphically, and all the games being essentially the same as those before them. GTA has hardcore elements, but it's pick up and play dynamic is what made it into a cultural phenomenom.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #64
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
GTA has hardcore elements, but it's pick up and play dynamic is what made it into a cultural phenomenom.

That's what I was trying to explain in my earlier post. It's not a certain genre that makes these great games. It's not the specific game that makes someone "hard core." Anyone who needs these things explained to them really shouldn't be arguing what's hardcore and what isn't.

Mathius
Old 01-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #65
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Nintendo is not ruining gaming...I for one got a little tired of new systems only being upgrades graphically, and all the games being essentially the same as those before them.

SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:08 AM   #66
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

we have a wii and about 15 games for it. it hasn't been touched for about a month. i'm thinking of even boxing it up and putting it somewhere to get it out of the way.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #67
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
we have a wii and about 15 games for it. it hasn't been touched for about a month. i'm thinking of even boxing it up and putting it somewhere to get it out of the way.

Which you've said probably about 3X on this forum and they continue to ignore it. That's why I call them fanboys. They refuse to accept reality.

Magazines are running articles about how Wii hardly has anything to offer the hard core gamer, but Wii fanatics just argue about it like they know something the industry doesn't.

Mathius
Old 01-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #68
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
<shrug> Whatever gets you off I guess. I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer. When I need to answer one of these questions I think of what my buddy would say, or how he deals with games. Dude actually schedules his vacation from work sometimes when there's a big release like Gears of War 2. I don't know how it can get more hardcore than that.

I find it hilarious that Kent is trying to argue the Wii is hardcore, but GTA isn't. I mean sh*t, they're only considered some of the best titles of all time.

It just makes him sound even more selfish and petty that he actually thinks the majority of people should consider Wii to be hardcore.

I like to live in reality.

Mathius

A, I didnt not say the Wii itself is THE hardcore system or a hardcore system. I said it has stuff for those people and if they cant find it they are just lazy.

Second, to me GTA is essentially a 3d collectathon platformer that has an assload of mini games, many of which probably could have been done better if Rockstar would pair down the different stuff you can do.

i think its funny now you are pimping them as some of the best titles of all time when you trashed Goldeneye as a classic game though b/c the tech has been passed by. Hell, GTA3 is crap too if you go by the standards you were holding for Goldeneye.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #69
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
A, I didnt not say the Wii itself is THE hardcore system or a hardcore system. I said it has stuff for those people and if they cant find it they are just lazy.

Second, to me GTA is essentially a 3d collectathon platformer that has an assload of mini games, many of which probably could have been done better if Rockstar would pair down the different stuff you can do.

i think its funny now you are pimping them as some of the best titles of all time when you trashed Goldeneye as a classic game though b/c the tech has been passed by. Hell, GTA3 is crap too if you go by the standards you were holding for Goldeneye.

Uhm. No? There are tons of gamers who actually found San Andreas to be a better game than GTA4. People are still playing San Andreas daily. They just released a value pack where you could buy all three GTA3's in a bundle pack just last year.

And my argument against Goldeneye was that it was not "timeless", and that it was overrated.

It is NOT timeless, very few games are, and I can't be wrong about it being overrated because it's an opinion.

And those mini games you b*tch about are what makes these games successful, because they provide variety outside the normal "missions".

Mathius
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: