Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    High School Starter

Default Re: Barkley: I'm better than Malone

I think he was better from about 94-00 improved his jump shot, defense, became a bettrr playmaker

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe
    I think he was better from about 94-00 improved his jump shot, defense, became a bettrr playmaker
    He always had a Good Jumper Even in the 80s and Early 90s: he became a Better Post Payer after 1995 and also Passer as the Years Passed ....But his Rebounding, Defense and Potence Decreased (same for Barkley).

Karl was a Work Horse...That is Why Physically He Lasted Longer in a Good Level More than Other Players.

I think Karl was a the Best "Catch" Recieve Finisher Ever though (Better than Dr J, James Worthy, Tom Chambers or Sir Charles). In his Early Days he Would Run the Court like a Wide Reciever and Stockton Would Find Him Always.

Asoume to Watch Finess and Power Working Together.

Karl was Good but he Wasn`t in the Level of Prime Barkley. From 1985 to 1995 Barkley was Better Clearly. As Barkley began to Detiriorate his Back (like Bird), Knees and Athletic Capacity...Karl Took Over as the Best PF.
    Last edited by Round Mound; 08-23-2012 at 06:22 PM.

High School Starter

His rebounds declined a bit but became a better rounded team player, there both great and close on mosts lists, i was disapointed when both lost to the bulls but atleast it was the 90's bulls hey

7-time NBA All-Star

Malone could already shoot in the late 80's and early 90's, and he was faster, more athletic and more of a power player.

But Karl did improve that jump shot noticeably in the mid/late 90's. His range and consistency got better, and he also became a more polisher post player with that trademark step back from the post. His passing got much better too. His rebounding didn't really decline either, and his post defense clearly got better from about '94 on.

Malone peaked, imo at age 34 in '98. And even by 36 years old in 2000, he really didn't seem to have lost much ability.

I prefer the older, more well rounded and polished Malone who relied on finesse more, to the younger, more athletic Malone who overpowered players more.

Yup his Post Game and Mid Range Game Improoved Alot in the Mid 90s though his Explosivness, Overpowering Way Play and Rebounding Decreased as he Got Older (same with Charles after 1995). He Was More Rigid and Less Explosive Then but Still Quite Effective.

The Problem for Malone Was His Play-Off Performances. They Always Declined Heavily Compared to Charles: Who Dominated the [COLOR="DarkRed"]Mid Range and Post Region [/COLOR]With Ease and No Need of a System of Pick and Rolls.

Season:

Barkley shot [COLOR="Blue"]58.13%[/COLOR] Two-Point FG at 21.6 PPG on 12.9...Two Point FGAs Per Game

Malone shot [COLOR="Red"]51.9%[/COLOR] Two-Point FG FG at 24.7 PPG on 17.5...Two-Point FGAs Per Game

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Play-Offs: Where Malone ALWAYS Declined:[/COLOR]

Barkley shot [COLOR="Blue"]55.13%[/COLOR] FG at 22.5 PPG on 14.5 ...Two-Point FGAs Per Game

Malone shot [COLOR="Red"]46.6%[/COLOR] Two-Point FG at 24.6 PPG on 19.3...Two-Point FGAs Per Game
    Last edited by Round Mound; 08-24-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Banned

So much mis-information about Karl Malone it's not even funny. I watched more Karl Malone games then all of you combined, and you guys that post a lot have no clue. It's appalling really, especially Round Mound of Agenda, you're a complete joke buddy.

With that said, I think it's time I retire from this board, I've read enough bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
    So much mis-information about Karl Malone it's not even funny. I watched more Karl Malone games then all of you combined, and you guys that post a lot have no clue. It's appalling really, especially Round Mound of Agenda, you're a complete joke buddy.

With that said, I think it's time I retire from this board, I've read enough bullshit.

Yeah, you have no agenda either.

Local High School Star

What i dont like about Chuck's quotes is the "Malone had/ needed Stockton to score so many points"...

how do you know? we had no chance to see Malone without Stockton in his prime! i am pretty sure Malone would have scored about the same amount of points with lots of (good) PGs running the Jazz (mainly becauce Coach Sloan would drill them to do the right play). so it's right, that they had each other, but they are elite talent as PF and PG and would have gotten their numbers on other teams for sure.

Sadly most kiddos here watched Malone and Barkley play from 1997 onwards when the NBA WAS MORE MARKETABLE...never when Charles was healthy from 85 to 95. I did and i can affirm even statistically that Barkley was Better than Malone.

I have no Agenda Here...I Loved Stockton to Malone was Much as Many Here But To Say Malone Was Better cause of Longevity? Give me a Break: Longevity is Not a Skill...Kobe Bryant Might Have Better Longevity Stats than Jordan was he Better? .

Barkley was the More Skilled Player, The Most Difficult PF to Guard Ever!" and the Best Combination of High Scoring FG%, Monster High 2-Point FG% (like Shaq), Rebounder and Passer EVER for a PF.

Barkley with Phily was a Much Better Shot Blocker and The Best Stealing PF Ever... and More Onstoppable With the Ball in Transition (handling the ball) than ANY PF Ever.

Stats Don`t Lie...Charles is By Far The Most Underrated Superstar Ever.

Top 10 All Time In EFF
    Top 10 All Time in Season PER
    Top 9 All Time in Play-Off PER
    Top 5 All Time in Plus/Minus (+/-)
    Top 4 All Time In Shot Made/Missed Diferential
    Top 8 All Time in WS Per 48 Minutes

From 1985 to 1995 Also Outplayed Malone for 70% of their Careers "Kiddos Only Remember 1997 unwards" and also WAS BIG IN THE PLAY-OFFS...UNLIKE MALONE who`s Numbers and Level of Play ALWAYS DECREASED in the Play-Offs.

Barkley HEALTHY AND PRIME is The Cream of All PFs...
    Last edited by Round Mound; 08-24-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    Yeah, you have no agenda either.
    L.A Jazz Nick Name and the Other: Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Give me a Break and People Say I Have An Agenda? ......

I Happen to Have Watched the NBA in the Late 80s and Early & Mid 90s and have seen both Malone and Barkley WHEN BOTH WHERE HEALTHY "Not Just One Healthy" (not 1996-97 unwards when Barkley was an overweight and injured man) unlike Blinded Jazz Fans Fools..

Last edited by Round Mound; 08-24-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Better comedian and better eating hamburgers.

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    Better comedian and better eating hamburgers.
    The Other Better? At What?

OH Yea...At Raping Little Girls and at Hunting.
    Last edited by Round Mound; 08-24-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound

OH Yea...As a Rapist and at Hunting Wild Animals.
    It was just a joke, I think Barkley was more talented but Malone had a good head start in his career due to Stockton. I think that his reputation has always harmed him. Also unfortunately we tend to judge players based on their achievements, and sometimes others players that had worse luck could have done better things if they had been on the right team at the right time. Garnett for example, in my opini

Local High School Star

[B]L.A Jazz Nick Name and the Other: Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Give me a Break and People Say I Have An Agenda? ......
    i havent said a word about who i think was the better player. i only want to say it's unfair to their (Stockton/Malone) talent, to say they wouldnt be as good on other teams. we dont know that and will never know.

i remember Chuck saying on NBA.TV that you have to believe that you are better than all others to compete in the NBA. so it's fitting he think so about himself.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

OH Yea...At Raping Little Girls and at Hunting.
    and driving trucks