Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Default Re: Mavericks Acquire Shawn Marion

Quote Originally Posted by IamSofaKing
    Bargnani, Bosh, Turkoglu... I'd rather Derozan start at least he can knock down mid range shots...
    I kinda agree. Might as well give the rook a chance, see what we have there. I actually think Wright should play big minutes though. Raps bench is horrible and if he's a good defender like said above then he'll be needed. Not much D in Toronto

PS: Devean George has been trash for 5+ years, I bet he'll get cut.

I'm not really sure with this one. Yes, the Mavs do get a former all-star and a very capable player however I do not see how everything is going to mesh. Hopefully they do. Props to Cuban and the whole Mavs organization for pulling this out. By the way, How did Dallas get Quinton Ross? I really like this guy. He's a very solid defender back when he was a Clipper.

Dunking on everybody in the park hassano's Avatar

Somehow apparently BC got Orlando into the deal so miraculously Toronto gets to keeep their MLE according to this http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4314637
    BC

Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

Jose Calderon | Roko Ukic
    Demar DeRozan | Antoine Wright
    Hedo Turkoglu | Devean George
    Chris Bosh | Reggie Evans
    Andrea Bargnani | Patrick O'Bryant

We really could use Pops Mensah Bonsu to back up the five spot.

Quote Originally Posted by hassano
    Somehow apparently BC got Orlando into the deal so miraculously Toronto gets to keeep their MLE according to this http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4314637
    BC
    yeah dude its been reported like an hour ago. BC just pulled a rabbit out his sleeve on this one

I wonder if Orlando getting involved means the Mavs and Magic will have a wink wink deal where they help each other getting Bass and Gortat?

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    I wonder if Orlando getting involved means the Mavs and Magic will have a wink wink deal where they help each other getting Bass and Gortat?
    Nah, Olrando got an 8 million dollar TPE, nothing else.

Word on the street is that the Magic might match Gortat then trade him to Houston for some more pieces... The Magic could sign Bass beforehand. It'd be screwing over Dallas, but hey, this is a business :).

Bass wants 4 mil and the Magic are offering 3.5... I am sure they will get something worked out... unless the Magic decide to get something new with their TPE.

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by visirale
    Nah, Olrando got an 8 million dollar TPE, nothing else.

Word on the street is that the Magic might match Gortat then trade him to Houston for some more pieces... The Magic could sign Bass beforehand. It'd be screwing over Dallas, but hey, this is a business :).

Bass wants 4 mil and the Magic are offering 3.5... I am sure they will get something worked out... unless the Magic decide to get something new with their TPE.
    Gortat would have to agree to a S&T, since you can't trade signed players until 4 months or up or until December (Something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
    Jose Calderon | Roko Ukic
    Demar DeRozan | Antoine Wright
    Hedo Turkoglu | Devean George
    Chris Bosh | Reggie Evans
    Andrea Bargnani | Patrick O'Bryant

We really could use Pops Mensah Bonsu to back up the five spot.
    Looks horrible right now - just needs tweaking. We have MLE now so B.C should be getting Delfino or even Kleiza.

I think its a good deal for the mavs, they should go alright next season...

Wonder where stackhouse will end up?

Wow, if all this is true than BC just made this whole signing Hedo scenario a lot more palatable. I'm impressed.

Obviously the deal is good for Dallas because it potentially makes them contenders out West, replacing the now Yao-less Houston, with a veteran core of Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Josh Howard, and Jason Terry. Enjoy Marion, Dallas fans, he's not washed up like people say, he will still score in double figures, still a tenacious rebounder, still a versatile, athletic, and competent defender, still a monster finisher on the break, still a veteran locker-room presence, still potentially an All-Star with Kidd handling him.

Here are the good things about this deal for Toronto:

Wright gives us a SG who can either start and provide good defence and decent offence, or if Derozan shows early Wright can easily play backup. At least we're not going to be paper-thin on the wings like it looked like we might be.

Devean George can hopefully be waived or bought-out or whatever, or else wear a groove in the bench for one year, but the fact that there is only one more year on his contract makes it acceptable either way. ****, if we don't sign Delfino or some other wing, he might even see some minutes.

Douby is gone. Good dude, but not a good enough player that I want him around.

Hump is moved. He's a live body in the paint, and will help Dallas with depth if Bass leaves. He can be very good when he knows his role, or very dumb when he tries to score. But the Raptors had too many damn PFs, Pops is our primary backup PF, Reggie will get minutes, and Hump was the odd man out.

Perhaps best of all, the fact that Hedo is now a sign-and-trade acquisition, meaning we get to keep our MLE, LLE, bird rights on players, it just makes things so much easier. If we manage to sign a player like Kleiza or Marvin Williams with that MLE, all of BC's failings will be forgiven for a while. Frankly if we sign anyone useful it will be nice, considering that until like a day ago I thought we were totally screwing ourselves in terms of flexibility by signing Hedo as an unrestricted free agent.

BC shows that although he might be too focused on building a team of Euro jump shooters, he knows what the **** he is doing as a GM, which is more than you can say for some GMs. Now we need to pursue Kleiza hard, offer him everything you can. Getting him would potentially make the Raptors the fourth best team in the East, behind the Cavs, Celts, and Magics.

Dunking on everybody in the park Tips4's Avatar

Wow Bryan Colangelo just shutted alot of doubters. He is shutting up alot of people.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    This is another dumb move by Cuban. I find it pretty amazing that Cuban has totally destroyed his 06 Finals roster. Thats not even counting his trading of Nash to Pheonix. He first dealt away their young all-star PG that was suppose to be the future of the franchise. Howard never became the superstar that everyone was hoping he'd be and then Cuban sealed the fate of the team by firing Avery Johnson, which has the highest winning % ever by a head coach in NBA history. Now all the Mavs have is pretty much a plethora of forwards that can all do the same thing except dominate the paint. Marion was never a post up player and Howard should be played at the 3 rather than the 2, he feels way more comfortable there. And its' not like Dirk likes to take it to the paint all that often either. Its sad when your best post player is either Gortat, Bass or Dampier.
    Hate much?

Good college starter

Mavs did this to counter the Spurs.

Lakers > Mavs > Spurs > Nuggets