Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lakers aren't getting anyone

Quote Originally Posted by takai

We need a PG with experience, plus that guy is a great play maker. And with Kobe and Bynum he'd be phenomenal. He can keep the team together too, would all around improve them greatly.
    he along with Kobe would also get torched nightly by parker and westbrook, your WCF rivals

Banned

Seriously, 9 mil TPE I have no idea why they aren't getting nash for it. He can go play in Toronto next year after he gets a ring. It at least makes the team better.. doesn't mean you don't explore pau/bynum trades nonetheless, but its a better base.

Quote Originally Posted by caved
    it doesnt look good for the Lakers at the damn Moment, bryants contract is crazy
    they are over the cap if he gets paid 1 dollar. The entire team was built under a different CBA and it shows.

Very good NBA starter

We need a PG with experience, plus that guy is a great play maker. And with Kobe and Bynum he'd be phenomenal. He can keep the team together too, would all around improve them greatly.
    No I'm laughing at the fact that you said it's his only chance to get a ring. He has a better chance signing with the Heat or Okc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    No I'm laughing at the fact that you said it's his only chance to get a ring. He has a better chance signing with the Heat or Okc.
    Its the only chance to get a ring with some honor. I'm sure thats what he meant.

Doubt the Heat would sign him, and Okc has westbrook. They don't need Nash. Lakers on the other hand, is exactly they need.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Seriously, 9 mil TPE I have no idea why they aren't getting nash for it. He can go play in Toronto next year after he gets a ring. It at least makes the team better.. doesn't mean you don't explore pau/bynum trades nonetheless, but its a better base.

they are over the cap if he gets paid 1 dollar. The entire team was built under a different CBA and it shows.
    You know how you build a contender? You trade your TPE to get Mo Williams for nothing. Then you trade Jordan Hill for Mike Beasley. You just made two moves to improve your bench without spending the MLE, vet mins or trading your big 3 players. Contenders are made by tinkering not in 1 huge swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Its the only chance to get a ring with some honor. I'm sure thats what he meant.

Very good NBA starter

Doubt the Heat would sign him, and Okc has westbrook. They don't need Nash. Lakers on the other hand, is exactly they need.
    Both these teams would sign him if he wanted them. I'm saying they give him a better chance of winning than the Lakers. I would only want Nash on the Lakers if they managed to get Dwight Howard. He would cover up a lot of Nash's defensive deficiencies.

Banned

No they need a superstar. They have 1 guy that plays like absolute crap in the playoffs and another that has dreams of the playboy mansion when he should be guarding the paint. You can build a bench by SMARTLY using the mini MLE and vet mins, but you this is still a superstar league.
    no we dont. u know how many time our bench have blown leads when the big 3 would get some rest? they get too tired trying to clean up when our scrubs *** up. they need quilty bench to build and sustain the lead so our big three can be fresh come playoff time or when finishing games.

Both these teams would sign him if he wanted them. I'm saying they give him a better chance of winning than the Lakers. I would only want Nash on the Lakers if they managed to get Dwight Howard. He would cover up a lot of Nash's defensive deficiencies.
    If we had the salary cap for it, then I would agree.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Umad101
    no we dont. u know how many time our bench have blown leads when the big 3 would get some rest? they get too tired trying to clean up when our scrubs *** up. they need quilty bench to build and sustain the lead so our big three can be fresh come playoff time or when finishing games.
    Yes the bench is awful, and so is Mike Brown. But the problem begins with the fact that Lakers have only 1 superstar that plays like a superstar consistently. You're putting the cart before the horse. Establish your superstars first, then bench after. No matter how good your bench is you need your superstars to step up.

Yes the bench is awful, and so is Mike Brown. But the problem begins with the fact that Lakers have only 1 superstar that plays like a superstar consistently. You're putting the cart before the horse. Establish your superstars first, then bench after. No matter how good your bench is you need your superstars to step up.
    Yes, but a successful bench is crucial.

Banned

You know how you build a contender? You trade your TPE to get Mo Williams for nothing. Then you trade Jordan Hill for Mike Beasley. You just made two moves to improve your bench without spending the MLE, vet mins or trading your big 3 players. Contenders are made by tinkering not in 1 huge swoop.
    But that would require the clippers and mavs willing to improve the lakers when there are 29 other teams they can try to work a deal out with. They found a team.

We're the snobby rich kid who's dad buys us the newest toys every year, but the other kids parents formed a neighborhood watch and banned our new toy and now we need to make sure they allow us to get something before we can get it.

I agree though, sessions mo williams beasley is a good improvement.. But it'd have been REALLY good last year. You do those kind of minor tweaks when you lose once after 2 titles. When you lose twice, its time to do something. Right now, that makes our bench mediocre man. Maybe its a good bench, top 5. Still worse than OKC's bench and bynum still won't defend the pick and roll

Very good NBA starter

Yes, but a successful bench is crucial.
    Well the Lakers had the worst bench in the league. There's literally no question about that. Even if they had a top 15 bench in the league the team goes no where as long as Bynum and Gasol don't play up to their potential. Look at the finals. Okc has a bench that destroys Miami's but once Miami's superstars started stepping up their game almost like magic the bench players started stepping up.

Banned

I think theres a certain type of hatred that comes up between 3 players when they don't fit together. I just saw it a lot this year.

when kobe gets backed into a corner, he looks at pau. he does. fault him for it or not, pau is still his guy. And pau wants to be that guy, he was in gm 7's and elimination games.. But he looks to bynum and goes like, man, you deserve this, youre so good, let me step back! But kobe ain't really looking at bynum. That makes bynum angry and it turns to okay you 2 are so happy then you guys do it. Its a love triangle and those never work out do they? Someone always has to leave