Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Piston draft prospects

A more explosive Rodney Stuckey could certainly have some value to us. Not as a starting PG,but hey.

NBA lottery pick

I'm not sure White's going to end up being a better player than Stuckey. Sure he's athletic and can dunk but there's been plenty of players that have had those traits that didn't do well in the NBA (Gerald Green for example....). A 2nd round pick always has a lot to prove to me before I'm going to give them credit.

Decent college freshman

I don't disagree one bit there.

NBA lottery pick

The Pistons held their first big workout of the year on Wednesday. Cleveland State's Norris Cole, Malcolm Lee, Andrew Goudelock, Cory Joseph, Kalin Lucas and Andrew Albicy all participated. Keep an eye out for Cole. He's been really rising on a number of draft boards. Not only has he tested out as one of the best athletes in the draft, but he really looked like he belonged out there with the other, more highly-rated point guards in the draft. When you look at his body of work in college over the past couple of years, there's a lot to be impressed with. He could be a sleeper first-round selection.
    Ryan Feldman: The Pistons had a draft workout yesterday w/ Xavier Silas, Andrew Warren, Cory Higgins and Adrian Oliver. Twitter
    I don't know much about that last group of guys. Nonetheless, it's not like all these 2nd round picks are going to end up on NBA rosters.

Good college starter

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/123008438.html

Jonny Flynn could be a Piston on draft night.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, that's been the rumor for a little bit now. I think the T-Wolves are a little crazy thinking Rubio is going to save their franchise. 3 years ago I would have said he was worth the gamble. He was just 17 and looked like he might have some game. Now, he's playing in the Spanish league averaging 6 points per game a just a few assists. He doesn't even start for his team.... I don't think he's going to be as great as some of these experts seem to think.

As for how this affects the Pistons.... I think Flynn could be a nice pickup. He's shown flashes of being a good ball player. I don't think Minnesota is the right fit for him, especially with the way Rambis uses PG's. Depending on who we hire as a coach will mean a lot to how he develops. For instance, if we somehow landed Adelman, he's been a pretty good PG coach over the years. Also, if we could use this to somehow move up in the draft it would be awesome. If we could end up with a young PG (Flynn), a young big man, and move Rip all at the same time I'd be much happier with our draft this year. Especially if we could somehow end up with Kanter or Valanciunas (mainly Kanter). This could end up in a 3-way trade with Cleveland. Even though they are trying to say they are just rumors and nothing more it has been mentioned that Cleveland could end up with picks 1 and 2 and Detroit ends up at 4. That's still enough to land us one of the European big men. I think a front line of Kanter and Monroe would scare teams for years to come.

Decent college freshman

Pretty normal for guards of his age to not put up huge numbers over there.

They aren't completely sold on Rubio IMO, but they have a vet in Ridnour and they have to at least let Rubio play to see how he does. Its hard to attempt to develop 2 players at the same position at the same time and Flynn hasn't shown enough to be worth developing.

I"ll take a chance on him here, but only if he's super cheap. I'll give you Terico and the 2nd or our 2 2nd rounders.

NBA lottery pick

I think they're going to try to package him, maybe with their draft pick and move down. Otherwise they probably won't get that much in return.

NBA lottery pick

The majority of the mock drafts have Vesely falling to us now. It looks like most people think Walker and Leonard will get drafted before him. Besides Vesely there's a few that think Valanciunas might drop to Detroit. I know we all probably get a little scared after the whole Darko thing but it's probably the best case scenario this year if we can land either of those guys. I'd still like to trade up for Kanter if it's possible. Round 2 most people have us taking a PG first and then going after a SF.

Decent college freshman

There'll be interesting PGs at 33. We already have a defensive oriented combo F in Jerebko, not sure Vessely is a great fit. I like Valanciunas and I'd live with Walker. Maybe Leonard because I tihnk he'll develop as a scorer a la Gerald Wallace.

NBA lottery pick

I do agree there's some PG's who should be around at 33 that we'll have to look really hard at. This draft is definitely deeper in small guys that big guys (not saying its deep though, lol). I still like Jujuan Johnson or Jeremy Tyler with that 2nd round pick though. I'm not sure if I like Vesely or Valanciunas more. I feel like both have quite a bit of upside. I think Vesely makes more of an immediate impact. Valanciunas might take a bit but probably has a slightly higher ceiling. If Walker fell to us and we picked him I definitely wouldn't be upset. I think he has a chance of being pretty good. He's definitely a PG in the NBA and has even said he's not trying to be a SG at all. I think he'll make some team pretty happy and he'll end up going earlier. Not saying he's a perenial all-star but he has a chance to be a nice starter in the league. If for some reason we draft Leonard that tells me Tay is definitely on his way out. The only reason we need depth at SF is if Tay leaves and they want to give some competition to the other young guys we have for the spot. I just wish we'd have a summer league to evaluate whoever we end up drafting..... it's really going to hurt the rookies this year when the NBA is locked out.

NBA lottery pick

By the way, wouldn't it be cool if other Pistons fans joined us in this forum You and I are the ones that keep this forum alive

Decent college freshman

haha, no doubt. Its been a 2 man convo for the most part eh?

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I wonder where all the Pistons fans went. This should be the most exciting part of the year for us. Going into the season we knew at best we'd be around .500 fighting for an 8 seed in the playoffs. We were kinda close to that but nobody could've guessed the drama the team had. We all knew the draft would be the highlight of the season though,

Good college starter