Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #46
JerryWest
kobeee!!
 
JerryWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,475
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Al Thornton is sadly unable to read, this thread could of helped him a lot.
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #47
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Land of 6 NBA titles
Posts: 54,084
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #48
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,346
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Okay Chakras.

Forewarning: This is probably BS so take with grain of salt lol

Basically they are nerve clusters around the body.
7 of them.
Root Red (Security) Strong: You feel grounded, and at home wherever you go. Weak: Anxiety and not belonging.
Sacral Orange (Creativity and Sex) Strong: You're horny and like to draw/write/create stuff. Weak: Lacking those
Solar Yellow (Ego and Will) STrong: You have a strong sense of self identity and drive. Weak: Weak.
Heart Green (Love and Conscientousness) Strong: You have great love for others.
Throat Indigo (Communication) Strong: You can clearly express yourself
Brow Purple (Psychic)
Crown White (Bliss)

The brow chakra you're referring to.... If you've noticed there are some people in your life that seem to read minds.. that seem to know what's going on without you explaining anything.. that seem to be able to predict a song or predict a tv show or predict an event unexplainably. A certain clairvoyance. Some are more attuned to it than others. A strong brow chakra is apparently the cause of this and in biological terms it's the pineal gland and hypthalamaus. When you're relaxed at the end of the day you'll often notice that there's a voice in your head. It's believed that this voice is a superconsciousness or the collective thoughts of people around you. It's almost like they're transmitting silent messages and you're picking it up with your antennae. A strong crown chakra will also lead to vivid dreams and premonitions.

There's a concept called Kundalini where when you fukk and somehow channel the energy from your c0ck all the way up your spine to your head you'll feel like superman.. More on that later.

It's an age-old concept derived from India (much like Karma and ahimsa) similar to what the Chinese Taoists believe.about balancing yin and yang energiers for happiness and bliss.

Avatar the Last Airbender and Tien from DBZ features this and all types of yoga take these into account.

More on The third eye.
Do you remember the scene in Donnie Darko where they had these tunnels coming out of their stomachs into another.. like a connection. Well, when you exchange eye contact you literally produce energy that focuses on the other persons eye . Apparently humans are interconnceted like this

Try this out.
Stare at the place between people's eyebrows next time you talk to someone. They will feel really uncomfortable because it feels like you're intruding on them.
Next, if you know someone really well..
Look at them and don't make nay expression for 20 minutes. Stay silent and try to figure out what they're thinking.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 03-22-2013 at 08:48 AM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #49
Budadiiii
"The One"
 
Budadiiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 11,294
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Okay Chakras.

Forewarning: This is probably BS so take with grain of salt lol

Basically they are nerve clusters around the body.
7 of them.
Root Red (Security) Strong: You feel grounded, and at home wherever you go. Weak: Anxiety and not belonging.
Sacral Orange (Creativity and Sex) Strong: You're horny and like to draw/write/create stuff. Weak: Lacking those
Solar Yellow (Ego and Will) STrong: You have a strong sense of self identity and drive. Weak: Weak.
Heart Green (Love and Conscientousness) Strong: You have great love for others.
Throat Indigo (Communication) Strong: You can clearly express yourself
Brow Purple (Psychic)
Crown White (Bliss)

The brow chakra you're referring to.... If you've noticed there are some people in your life that seem to read minds.. that seem to know what's going on without you explaining anything.. that seem to be able to predict a song or predict a tv show or predict an event unexplainably. A certain clairvoyance. Some are more attuned to it than others. A strong brow chakra is apparently the cause of this and in biological terms it's the pineal gland and hypthalamaus. When you're relaxed at the end of the day you'll often notice that there's a voice in your head. It's believed that this voice is a superconsciousness or the collective thoughts of people around you. It's almost like they're transmitting silent messages and you're picking it up with your antennae. A strong crown chakra will also lead to vivid dreams and premonitions.

There's a concept called Kundalini where when you fukk and somehow channel the energy from your c0ck all the way up your spine to your head you'll feel like superman.. More on that later.

It's an age-old concept derived from India (much like Karma and ahimsa) similar to what the Chinese Taoists believe.about balancing yin and yang energiers for happiness and bliss.

Avatar the Last Airbender and Tien from DBZ features this and all types of yoga take these into account.

More on The third eye.
Do you remember the scene in Donnie Darko where they had these tunnels coming out of their stomachs into another.. like a connection. Well, when you exchange eye contact you literally produce energy that focuses on the other persons eye . Apparently humans are interconnceted like this

Try this out.
Stare at the place between people's eyebrows next time you talk to someone. They will feel really uncomfortable because it feels like you're intruding on them.
Next, if you know someone really well..
Look at them and don't make nay expression for 20 minutes. Stay silent and try to figure out what they're thinking.

Good shit
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #50
gigantes
   
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,524
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
About BDNF, physical activities and exercise also help in promoting neurotrophins which in turn increases neuroplasticity.
neuroplasticity... good shit.

after my mom had her stroke and went through her aphasia, NP allowed her to come right back after a couple months... roaring right back along with her self-esteem and well-being.

amazing. to me, at least. like caring for vastly different people.

and truly humbling to behold. i mean, not only NP itself... but the research the last 10 years or so which strongly suggests that the brain is one of the rare organ regions that can form novel neurons as the situation warrants.

along with a liver being split in half, haha.

anyway, i think the original study was on the adaptability of neurons demonstrated in bird songs... but don't quote J$ on that.

(haha, i'm an idiot)
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #51
Vragrant
National High School Star
 
Vragrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,449
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
neuroplasticity... good shit.

after my mom had her stroke and went through her aphasia, NP allowed her to come right back after a couple months... roaring right back along with her self-esteem and well-being.

amazing. to me, at least. like caring for vastly different people.

and truly humbling to behold. i mean, not only NP itself... but the research the last 10 years or so which strongly suggests that the brain is one of the rare organ regions that can form novel neurons as the situation warrants.

along with a liver being split in half, haha.

anyway, i think the original study was on the adaptability of neurons demonstrated in bird songs... but don't quote J$ on that.

(haha, i'm an idiot)

Those who engage in meditation will find this useful as well. It does contribute to neuroplasticity in regions of the brain involved in executive functioning (higher order thinking) .

Quote:
Dan Hurley writes on the Discover website:

ďA new study, published online on June 11 in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, shows that a form of mindfulness meditation increases both the density of axons connecting neurons, and the myelin sheaths around those axons, within the anterior cingulate, an area of the brain important for attention and self regulation.

The findings are the latest from a continuing collaboration between Michael Posner, professor emeritus at the University of Oregonís department of psychology, and Yi-Yuan Tang, director of Texas Tech Universityís Neuroimaging Institute and chair of neuroscience in its psychology department . . . They found an increase in the density of axons, the connecting fibers that extend from one neuron to another, in the anterior cingulate of participants trained in meditation for two weeks. After four weeks, the researchers also detected an increase in myelin, the protective cover that surrounds axons and permits them to function normally.

http://anniemurphypaul.com/2012/06/meditation-may-increase-brain-plasticity/?utm_source=Brilliant%3A+The+New+Science+of+Smart+ Newsletter&utm_campaign=3148be6fa1-Brilliant_Report_16_1_2012&utm_medium=email

Not in this study but I have read other studies were it shows that it does have an impact on the amygdala, an area of the brain which regulates fear.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #52
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,024
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

I feel like I'm starting to forget simple things that I usually don't. I never train my brain when I'm out of work since writing/debugging code for 8 hours is tiring enough.. Is there any way I can exercise it so that my memory becomes just as good as it was back when I was in school?

I feel like I shouldn't forget things so easily, I haven't even hit my 30s yet..
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:03 AM   #53
unbreakable
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: rucker park
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Lebron23 atleast tell me what that picture means in english
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #54
Gifted Mind
Objectivity
 
Gifted Mind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Google
Posts: 1,281
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

I'm sorry but this is the most retarded thread I have seen
Gifted Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:12 AM   #55
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan
 
CeltsGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dungeons of rap
Posts: 7,824
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Basically they are nerve clusters around the body.
7 of them.
Root Red (Security) Strong: You feel grounded, and at home wherever you go. Weak: Anxiety and not belonging.
Sacral Orange (Creativity and Sex) Strong: You're horny and like to draw/write/create stuff. Weak: Lacking those
Solar Yellow (Ego and Will) STrong: You have a strong sense of self identity and drive. Weak: Weak.
Heart Green (Love and Conscientousness) Strong: You have great love for others.
Throat Indigo (Communication) Strong: You can clearly express yourself
Brow Purple (Psychic)
Crown White (Bliss)

how does knowing those names helps me anything I was interested in it, reading with optimism and you killed it.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:36 AM   #56
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,024
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
I feel like I'm starting to forget simple things that I usually don't. I never train my brain when I'm out of work since writing/debugging code for 8 hours is tiring enough.. Is there any way I can exercise it so that my memory becomes just as good as it was back when I was in school?

I feel like I shouldn't forget things so easily, I haven't even hit my 30s yet..

Wheres J $ when ya need em
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #57
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick
 
PistonsFan#21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,182
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
I feel like I'm starting to forget simple things that I usually don't. I never train my brain when I'm out of work since writing/debugging code for 8 hours is tiring enough.. Is there any way I can exercise it so that my memory becomes just as good as it was back when I was in school?

I feel like I shouldn't forget things so easily, I haven't even hit my 30s yet..

cut back on weed smoking for a few weeks
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #58
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,346
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Wheres J $ when ya need em

Ballsout.

Look up Tony Buzan's stuff for starters.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:41 AM   #59
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,269
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
whenever I feel pressured, I just sing this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h_iSilDaNs

still helps

lmao
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #60
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,024
Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Ballsout.

Look up Tony Buzan's stuff for starters.

I was kind of hoping not to have to do any research.

Where's J $ spitting that insightful knowledge when ya need em. All I wanna do is sit here and pick your brain.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy