Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #16
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Zach Randolph To Sacramento?

@ me making a thread about a Kings-Knicks trade and I got a Blazers fan getting emotional.

Damn.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #17
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Well to be fair, Miller was still good, Bibby was still good, Kevin Martin was becoming a star, Abdur-Rahim was still a good scorer, they had Ron Artest and they were still get a lot of wins but the West was getting better while they were gettiing older. They starting rebuilding last offseason.

They traded Bibby, Miller was on the block all last season and probably this offseason, Artest is more than likely gone.

Isn't that rebuilding? Getting rid of the old and bringing in new and young talent?

I wouldn't be surprised by this lineup in Sac

Salmons
Martin
Garcia
Rahim
Hawes
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #18
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Honestly I really think Zach Randolph won't get traded because no one wants him. I really don't think any teams wants him, maybe a couple, but I really think you wouldn't get any value out of those trades.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #19
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Well to be fair, Miller was still good, Bibby was still good, Kevin Martin was becoming a star, Abdur-Rahim was still a good scorer, they had Ron Artest and they were still get a lot of wins but the West was getting better while they were gettiing older. They starting rebuilding last offseason.

They traded Bibby, Miller was on the block all last season and probably this offseason, Artest is more than likely gone.

Isn't that rebuilding? Getting rid of the old and bringing in new and young talent?

I wouldn't be surprised by this lineup in Sac

Salmons
Martin
Garcia
Rahim
Hawes
They traded Bibby because he's not very good anymore and vastly overpaid and was expendable with Beno Udrih filling in for him last season.

Ron Artest is more than likely gone because Ron wants to be gone,If Ron wanted to remain in Sacramento then he would stick around and sign an extension with Sacramento.

Sacramento acquired Ron because he would be a longer rental at SF than Peja who had only 1 year left and his value was high before his back injury and that's how he got that big contract in New Orleans 2 years ago.

Sacramento hasn't exactly brought in talent other than having 3 draft picks but the only young player they got out of the Atlanta trade was Shelden Williams and he's now expendable with Jason Thompson & Ewing Jr.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #20
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Honestly I really think Zach Randolph won't get traded because no one wants him. I really don't think any teams wants him, maybe a couple, but I really think you wouldn't get any value out of those trades.
Yeah I agree partially.

It all depends on Donnie wanting value instead of making a Pau Gasol deal in which he would get garbage players with smaller/shorter contracts in return.

I think Donnie could make a deal with Indiana with Randolph going to Indiana for Marquis Daniels,Jamaal Tinsley,and a 2nd round pick.

Zach's value is much higher than that but he'd be sought after if New York would take value like that in return.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #21
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
They traded Bibby because he's not very good anymore and vastly overpaid and was expendable with Beno Udrih filling in for him last season.

Ron Artest is more than likely gone because Ron wants to be gone,If Ron wanted to remain in Sacramento then he would stick around and sign an extension with Sacramento.

Sacramento acquired Ron because he would be a longer rental at SF than Peja who had only 1 year left and his value was high before his back injury and that's how he got that big contract in New Orleans 2 years ago.

Sacramento hasn't exactly brought in talent other than having 3 draft picks but the only young player they got out of the Atlanta trade was Shelden Williams and he's now expendable with Jason Thompson & Ewing Jr.

None of this has anything to do with this crappy and ridiculous trade.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #22
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
None of this has anything to do with this crappy and ridiculous trade.
Okay.

Thank you for wasting your time reading this thread.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #23
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Yeah I agree partially.

It all depends on Donnie wanting value instead of making a Pau Gasol deal in which he would get garbage players with smaller/shorter contracts in return.

I think Donnie could make a deal with Indiana with Randolph going to Indiana for Marquis Daniels,Jamaal Tinsley,and a 2nd round pick.

Zach's value is much higher than that but he'd be sought after if New York would take value like that in return.
That trade might just work, Indiana is looking for some kind of a post presence, Randolph really isn't one, but he is big and can rebound, so it might work. New York would a PG that IMO will play better than Marbury, but is injured a lot, and a pick. Of course Indiana wants to rebuild and would like a small contract than Randolph's, which is the problem in every trade involving Randolph.

I think they should start the season with Randolph and hopefully get the team playing well, and him playing well. Maybe that would increase his value.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #24
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
So Sacramento keeps both Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Brad Miller and Spencer Hawes but add another big man that can't play defense, can't jump and scores a lot? While losing their best defensive big man, their best bench player, one of their best rebounders and a 1st round pick as a rebuilding team?

Oh wait, they also get two scrub small forwards to play behind Ron Artest and/or Garcia

This is pure genius

Greatness!

hahaha +1 thank you, couldn't have said it better...horrible trade
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #25
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Deal works for both teams in my opinion.
Well, let's take a look at this.

Zach is a potential problem with his off court attitude, and his weight is an issue. He also is a defensive liability, something the Kings are desperately trying to address. They don't need another big man who can't defend the paint.

Also, his contract has 30.7 mil left with two more seasons.

Jeffries is another big man that can step in and play the forward spot, but he would be playing behind Garcia anyway. IMO, you don't replace a guy like Jeffries with a guy like Salmons, because even though they are getting paid similar amounts, John has already proven he can be a legit starter, and Jeffries is still a bench player who hasn't fulfilled potential. He's just not worth what he's getting paid.

Jeffries' contract has two additional years and 12.5 mil left, with a player option for a third year at close to 7 mil.

Balkman is a nice piece, and I wouldn't mind the kings picking him up, but I don't think the Kings would want to acquire the contracts of Zach and Jeffries to get him.

Balkman is a bargain at 1.3 mil.

Now, as for the players the Kings would be getting rid of...

Salmons is an athletic 2/3 who has proven he can play when he starts. Coming off the bench is another issue for him, but when Artest was out for the beginning of the season, John was averaging 20/5/5 on 50% shooting (and playing good defense btw), and was a big reason why the Kings were competitive. With the potential opt out of Artest, I don't think they would trade him for Balkman at the forward spot.

Salmons has 3 years and almost 16.4 mil left on his deal, and gets paid less than Jeffries.

Moore isn't a great defender or rebounder for his size, but he is an efficient scorer who has a jumpshot. He has bad hands though, and fumbles passes a LOT. Although I wouldn't mind seeing him leave, I wouldn't trade him for Zach and Jeffries, who I don't see as upgrades, even when disregarding their deals.

Moore is getting MLE money, which is just under 6 mil.

Kenny Thomas has been benched and isn't contributing, so basically he's been just a paycheck, a large paycheck at that. He's making 8 mil next season, and I believe he can opt out after that, but he also has another year at 8.5 mil too.

So, when we evaluate this from a King's perspective, it doesn't work for them. They are dumping KT's big deal, but take on another huge one in Randolf, all the while creating another logjam at the forward spots and not upgrading from a talent perspective.

The Kings are focusing on creating cap space and developing their youth. There's no reason to take on Zach Randolf and his contract on this team, even if it does end the same year as KT's. There's no reason to take an overpaid Jeffries and switch him with Salmons, all in the hopes of getting Balkman. Not only that, but they are giving up a first round pick. The talent doesn't even out. Salmons is actually getting paid less than Jeffries for potentially the same amount of time, yet is the better player.

Basically, I could understand if the Kings were getting contracts that were putting the team in a better position, but these contracts are basically the same length, and Sac is getting less talent in return (oh, and paying more in contracts for those worse players). The bottom line is that it won't make the team better, and it won't put them in a better position for the future considering the deals and the pick.

This is also a team that won 38 games in the tightest west ever, all the while dealing with injuries, and inconsistent lineup because of injuries/trades/suspensions, and a first year head coach. They could possibly be a .500 team next season if they retain Beno.

Last edited by Showtime : 06-29-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #26
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This trade is pretty horrible. I don't see how the Kings benefit at all.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #27
big tuna
Kids at the park dunk on me

big tuna has an OK reputation so far

i've never been a kings fan but i would never wish for anything as cancerous as z-bo to happen to them
big tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #28
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

Quote:
@ me making a thread about a Kings-Knicks trade and I got a Blazers fan getting emotional.

Damn.

Hes got good reason to get emotional, the trade is terrible for the Kings which he points out, then YOU criticise HIS response.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: