Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 11-01-2006, 09:51 AM   #1
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far
Default Bulls Scoring

Let's put aside Miami's point total, whether haters want to attribute it to poor Miami playing, or as the truth, great Bulls defense.

But with that aside, where is everybody who said the Bulls can't score. A 108 point performance with Ben Gordon scoring 6 points is phenomenal.

Yes, Duhon will not average 20 ppg, but Gordon won't average 6.

I see the following ppg averages for the Bulls players:

Gordon 22 ppg
Hinrich 20 ppg (yes, this is his true breakout year)
Deng 15 ppg (there'll be games when he puts up 30)
Wallace 7 pgg
Brown 9 ppg

Nocioni (13 ppg)
Thomas (6 ppg)

That is about 90 sans the other 4-5 guys who will play nightly, and who will contribute 8-10 ppg.

I see the Bulls scoring about 98 ppg.

Also, it looked like Duhon has really improved his outside shot. He wasn't hesitating, but just rose up and shot. His form also looked tighter overall.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #2
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

I definately agree the Bulls will improve offensively this season. I can see Wallace actually averaging 8 points per game, he's improved his free throw style. I would also raise Browns points per game by one because I believe he has one more season left in him where he can score 10 points per game. I believe these two players have a lot to prove this season because they're getting closer to the end of their careers.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 11-01-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

Yeah Thomas may end up with a few more ppg, he will get a few more minutes as the season goes on, he can really play.
And your right 108 pts with the 2nd unit playing so much was a great effort and shows we have enough offensive weapons. We made the Heat look old and slow by constantly out running them.

It took Skiles a while to bring Thabo in to the game but I think he could average atleast 7 or 8 for the season aswell. When he played the point he just shot over the top of his opponent with those freakishly long arms, i have never seen arms so long, he can really play aswell.

And Is Kirk the kind of PG who would average 20 pts?

But I guess when they run and push for turnovers like they did in the Heat game anyone on the team could put up 20 a night.

Last edited by Internet : 11-01-2006 at 12:15 PM.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet

And Is Kirk the kind of PG who would average 20 pts?

Yeah, I mean he averaged 16 ppg for the past two years. After playing with the elite on team USA and getting an extension, I think his confidence is up.

He has always taken enough shots to score 20, but his percentage has been so bad (39-40ish) that he hasn't gotten up there. He'll just need to shoot 45% to average 20.

He needs to get to the line about 4-5 times too, but with Skiles telling them to drive more, I'm sure he will.

Last edited by xxxSuperStar : 11-01-2006 at 01:03 PM.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i agree that the bulls can score but they cant score consistantly. jump shooting teams dont win chips, and that in my opinion is what is going to hinder this team from winning one.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: