Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-16-2007, 07:07 AM   #46
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller

jimmyjames has no real reputation yet.
Thumbs down Re: I dont like Marion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
he DOES play like Pippen... he may just be the next Pippen...

You are absolutely crazy if you think he plays like Pippen...

Have you ever watched Pippen play?? I like Marion but he is no Scottie Pippen...Pippen was a better player. The only thing Marion has on Pippen is that he is a better rebounder... Pippen was a much better defender, he was named to the all NBA Defensive First Team 8 times... Marrion has yet to make the first team, Yeah Marion rebounds and get steals in transition but he doesn't shut players down...He is no shut down defender. How many times has V.Carter scored 50 on the Suns? T-Mac, Kobe, Dirk, and Pierce puts up some of their best numbers against the Suns... and Marion is the one that guards them.

Pippen could handle the ball better, Marion can't even handle the ball very well... Pippen can run the point no way Marion could. Pippen 20 career triple doubles... Marion 0

Pippen could create his own shot... Marion can not. Pippen would penetrate off the dribble and take it to the rack, he could create his own jump shot, or just dish it off for an assist.... Marion can't dribble, isnt a good passer and scores the majority of his points on fast breaks, running floaters from like 8-12 feet out and long jump shots that he just heaves up when open. This is the reason the don't run many plays through him. I never could understand why Marion wouldn't take it to the rack more often... he appears to be too timid. This is the biggest hole in his game....if he could correct this then he would be an elite player.

There is no comparison here... I hate when people try to compare the 2....probably the reason why is because Pippen was always the 2nd player to Jordan...Marion isn't even 2nd best on his own team.. he is 3rd. lol
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: