Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    He is being accurate.Ibaka is the best rebounder not durant.Thats what he said and lets assume perkins is averaging as many minutes as durant he would be putting up 9.6rpg(in 39 minutes).You can compare joel because he rarely plays anymore.10mpg and even than assume he is playing as many minutes as durant he would only be averaging 6.9rpg.(in 39 minutes)

So you are a liar not him and dont forget most of the time battier is at 4 so all the rebounding resposibilities fall on lebron.Where as OKC rarely plays smallball.

Miami has a better record against west.Miami in western conference would fare better.Because west teams are very weak defensively.To beat miami you have to be a very good defensive team.Look at the teams dominated miami this season.All three are the best defenses we have right now.
    Pacers-Knicks-Bulls.

Miami against not elite defensive teams is almost always a miami win.

I just wanted to point out that you are completely wrong.

Listen, he's not accurate. Stop looking for the tiniest bit of accuracy to find him a nugget. The point he's trying to make isn't a true one.

Don't extrapolate over 39.6MPG. We were talking 36. Per 36 he's at 8.7. Not particularly impressive. But if you wanna do that, Bosh would average 8.1RPG if he played Lebron's 38.5MPG. 8.1 is what Lebron averages.

Yea, you're not full of shit or anything.

Default Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

1. Miami is 2 games behind OKC.

2. Miami has a better record against the West than OKC does against the East.

Yeah that debunks the myth that Miami would struggle in the west. Miami's record against the west says it all. Imagine if LeBron wins MVP and FMVP this year. That easily puts him in top 10 all time. I currently have him at #12

I don't think Lebrons having his best season he won 60+ games in 09 and 10 with weaker supporting casts. Durants having a great year too his scoring is legendary and his all around game has been solid too. OKC also has a better record despite Durant having a weaker supporting cast.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Listen, he's not accurate. Stop looking for the tiniest bit of accuracy to find him a nugget. The point he's trying to make isn't a true one.

Don't extrapolate over 39.6MPG. We were talking 36. Per 36 he's at 8.7. Not particularly impressive. But if you wanna do that, Bosh would average 8.1RPG if he played Lebron's 38.5MPG. 8.1 is what Lebron averages.

Yea, you're not full of shit or anything.
    Dude wow you are pathetic.Combined joel-bosh frontcourt averages 14,9rpg
    Combined ibaka-perkins averages 18.1rpg per 36 both.Not that you understand but that difference is not tiny

Maybe you are a moron but 3.2rpg difference is a lot.If miami was averaging 3.2rpg more,they would 15th instead of 30th in rebounding.Moreover joel doesnt play that much battier play pf more than joel plays center.So lebron assumes rebounding responsibilities.Without lebron rebounding miami wouldnt win games without durant rebounding OKC would still win because of all the above average rebounders.

You are a complete moron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    I don't think Lebrons having his best season he won 60+ games in 09 and 10 with weaker supporting casts. Durants having a great year too his scoring is legendary and his all around game has been solid too. OKC also has a better record despite Durant having a weaker supporting cast.
    It's unbelievable how people overrate wins for individual performances. There is no question lebron has had the better individual season and is the better player. And yes I'm sure todays heat team was as hungry as the cavs team for wins

Local High School Star

You know its 2013 now right?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raid09

You know its 2013 now right?
    I think people only pay attention at the top players like the big 3 and don't account the rest of a team outside of their top players. For a example a healthy Clippers team is more stacked than the heat

Durant definitely doesn't have a weaker supporting cast.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    His previous 4 seasons were all better.

l
    LOL @ this. Lebron wasn't even CLOSE to this good the last two years, by any possible measure. Especially 2011, which was worse in every possible way I can think of, by a good margin. He is clearly at another level this year, it's just obvious.

You literally have to be retarded to think he isn't better this year than his first two Miami seasons.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    LOL @ this. Lebron wasn't even CLOSE to this good the last two years, by any possible measure. Especially 2011, which was worse in every possible way I can think of, by a good margin. He is clearly at another level this year, it's just obvious.

You literally have to be retarded to think he isn't better this year than his first two Miami seasons.
    This.

He says stupid s.hit all the time.

Interesting to me how Lebron didn't want to touch 3 pointers last year. Over the first 20 games last year you can count the number of 3 point attempts he had on one hand. He was there to get better in the post and we saw his post game in the playoffs.

Now this year he is shooting a career high behind the arc at over 40%.... and a whopping 52% from the corner 3.

He's unreal

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Same reason that Barkley and Malone won MVPs that could have gone to MJ. Voters get tired of giving the same player the award, and want to see someone new get it.
    this is what terrifies me.
    I'm afraid Durant will win the MVP because he is more "fresh", but to me, Lebron is CLEARLY the Most Valuable Player. Objectively, it's not even close. Especially with this absurd tear he has been on of late.

[COLOR="Indigo"]FG/FGA last 13 games:[/COLOR]
    9/11
    11/18
    13/14
    10/16
    9/17
    10/18
    14/31
    9/14
    12/23
    17/25
    11/20
    13/19
    7/10

those aren't free throws, those are field goals.
    in his "worst" game, he shot a "pedestrian" 9/17-- 53%
    oh, and in that stretch he is also averaging 8 rebounds and 7 assists, just for shits and giggles
    (and often in only 3 quarters due to blowouts)
    Last edited by FindingTim; 02-09-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Dude wow you are pathetic.Combined joel-bosh frontcourt averages 14,9rpg
    Combined ibaka-perkins averages 18.1rpg per 36 both.Not that you understand but that difference is not tiny

Maybe you are a moron but 3.2rpg difference is a lot.If miami was averaging 3.2rpg more,they would 15th instead of 30th in rebounding.Moreover joel doesnt play that much battier play pf more than joel plays center.So lebron assumes rebounding responsibilities.Without lebron rebounding miami wouldnt win games without durant rebounding OKC would still win because of all the above average rebounders.

You are a complete moron.

Oh boy. You're not very good, are you?

The argument is that Lebron has to do everything, because others aren't capable. I didn't even argue that Lebron wasn't the better rebounder. I argued that he exaggerated, as Durant's guys aren't much better and he isn't much worse, in the rebounding department. He argued that Ibaka and Perkins can get the rebounds, as if they're particularly good rebounders. Well, based on his best years in Toronto, I guess I could say that Bosh could grab some rebounds so maybe Lebron should stay out of his way. That's a simplistic and stupid approach to take, so I argued it. And the only thing I did was show him he was exaggerating, because Perkins and Ibaka aren't exactly monsters there.

But keep at it, as if your dumb ass is even bothering to know what I'm arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    It's unbelievable how people overrate wins for individual performances. There is no question lebron has had the better individual season and is the better player. And yes I'm sure todays heat team was as hungry as the cavs team for wins

The Cavaliers were hungrier. But this Miami team is still better. I'm certainly not mistaking anything for anything. Lebron is, by FAR, the best player in the league. He is not having by far the better season. It's not obvious. Looking at what he can do and seeing what he does in stretches is not the equivalent of the whole season. These last few weeks, with Durant going off in points, aren't even up to par with what he was doing earlier in the year. It's just an example of stats not telling the whole story. Kinda like Lebron and assists. But Lebron has gotten better and it's not because of shooting percentage, as it does look like he keeps it in mind sometimes. James has been getting better and if he stays this way he'll be well out in front in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara

James had a much better year last year. He had the best season of his life and one of the best seasons in recent years. He was incredible, from beginning to end. He's a better player now, but his season isn't as good as last year's. It's not even close. So bug off.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 02-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.