Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Point Guard Issues

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    The Hawks are talking about getting some European point guard name Theodoros Papaloukas. Why the hell they gotta get someone from overseas when he can sign Mo Williams or someone thats a free agent in the NBA. I don't trust thing that Billy Knight does.
    Hahah, you obviously don't watch much more then NBA and streetball probably.
    Some European Point Guard?

Papaloukas is MUCH better then Williams.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Speedy is pretty much a pure PG... he's top 5 in steals, a great passer and takes it hard to the rim!
    And after he takes it to the rim, he's already injured even before he comes down hehe

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
    Hahah, you obviously don't watch much more then NBA and streetball probably.
    Some European Point Guard?

Papaloukas is MUCH better then Williams.
    Just because he good over in his country don't mean he'll be good in the USA.
    Anybody that Knight picks to get in a draft or from overseas is usually a bust except Joe Johnson, The 2 Josh's, Marvin Williams and Zaza when he isn't flopping. Everybody else is a total waste. This guy they talking about getting is like 33 years old. We need fresh young legs not some European stiff.

Not airballing my layups anymore Dr Giggles's Avatar

Just because he good over in his country don't mean he'll be good in the USA.
    Anybody that Knight picks to get in a draft or from overseas is usually a bust except Joe Johnson, The 2 Josh's, Marvin Williams and Zaza when he isn't flopping. Everybody else is a total waste. This guy they talking about getting is like 33 years old. We need fresh young legs not some European stiff.
    First of all Papaloukas is 30 years old and not a stiff by any stretch of the imagination. Secondly, it's not like Billy Knight is the only GM considering Papaloukas, so it's not so much a personal pick as a common sense pick, they need a PG and he's probably the best available who would consider a move to the Hawks.

If you haven't seen him play, I would probably compare him to a very poor man's Magic Johnson, which is still better than any other PG on the Hawks.

I'm not saying he's a sure thing, he's going to have some problems with his defence and shooting, but if he pans out it will surely be worth the gamble.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Giggles
    First of all Papaloukas is 30 years old and not a stiff by any stretch of the imagination. Secondly, it's not like Billy Knight is the only GM considering Papaloukas, so it's not so much a personal pick as a common sense pick, they need a PG and he's probably the best available who would consider a move to the Hawks.

If you haven't seen him play, I would probably compare him to a very poor man's Magic Johnson, which is still better than any other PG on the Hawks.

I'm not saying he's a sure thing, he's going to have some problems with his defence and shooting, but if he pans out it will surely be worth the gamble.
    Whatever y'all say. Everyone is making out like he's good so I'll take y'all word for it but I still feel its good point guards on the market here in the US.

Whatever y'all say. Everyone is making out like he's good so I'll take y'all word for it but I still feel its good point guards on the market here in the US.
    It's a pretty ignorant statement that you think the NBA is EASILY the best league in the NBA when you seem like you haven't watched any other basketball from around the world.

Trust me, this guy in no stiff.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
    It's a pretty ignorant statement that you think the NBA is EASILY the best league in the NBA when you seem like you haven't watched any other basketball from around the world.

Trust me, this guy in no stiff.
    I'm not saying that European players and the Euro basketball league aren't no good I watch international and I actually like because their more physical,fundamentally,and teamwork sound unlike the NBA its all about dunking, crossing people up and being flashy. I like European players I just don't trust Billy Knights selection of signing players and drafting them.
    Last edited by idizzle; 05-22-2007 at 11:26 AM.

Saw a basketball once

Default We Need A Point Guard!

I hear you man! Speedy is a great player, but I also see him as only a sub. And Lue...he's aight. The reason we got Speedy is b/c Lue is not that great of a player. My question is, well actually, my STATEMENT is "Why did we let go of JT!" I was pist and still pist that we lost him. But anyways that another story. Back at the issue at hand....Obviously, the hawks are going to pick up a point in the draft (3rd pick) . I read in an article that they are considering Mike Conley Jr, Javaris Crittenton, Acie Law...any of these guys will do just fine. In my opinion Javaris Crittenton is the perfect candidate. Just b/c he's from GaTech. You know how we Georgians do it!

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: We Need A Point Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecwon
    I hear you man! Speedy is a great player, but I also see him as only a sub. And Lue...he's aight. The reason we got Speedy is b/c Lue is not that great of a player. My question is, well actually, my STATEMENT is "Why did we let go of JT!" I was pist and still pist that we lost him. But anyways that another story. Back at the issue at hand....Obviously, the hawks are going to pick up a point in the draft (3rd pick) . I read in an article that they are considering Mike Conley Jr, Javaris Crittenton, Acie Law...any of these guys will do just fine. In my opinion Javaris Crittenton is the perfect candidate. Just b/c he's from GaTech. You know how we Georgians do it!
    I feel like Crittenton is better than Conely too. I like his style of play more, and he is a better shooter. Everyone says Conely is such a sick passer but he only avg. .3 more assists than Crittenton.

Default Re: We Need A Point Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank966
    I feel like Crittenton is better than Conely too. I like his style of play more, and he is a better shooter. Everyone says Conely is such a sick passer but he only avg. .3 more assists than Crittenton.
    Speedy is an above average PG but his style does not fit with the team. I think we should try to trade him, Shelden and 11 to move up and take Conely. If we cant then at least get a 2nd rounder.

Good college starter

In the event that the Hawks do the Amare Stoudermire trade and look to sign a point guard who would you sign? Someone I was talking to said we should sign Smush Parker. The day Smush becomes a Hawk hell freezes over.

Banned

I say you should take a look at that European guy Theodorus Poplaukus. Maybe for the MLE.

Whats MLE?

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank966
    Whats MLE?
    LOL this just proves the intelligence of this forum.

Hahaha.Critteton is no where near as good as conely.Law is ok at best his speed for a point guard is lacking.Thanks for taking horford.Conley will be one of the best points by his second year.