Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Celebrities who have done the most with the LEAST amount of talent

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    I was just saying cause I think it's crazy, I wasn't trying to make any points lol

But he may not have most talent but he is smart as hell
    lol. my bad. im used to people being really stupid on this forum, you are not one of those people, so I apologize.

And, no, I didn't know, nor would I have EVER guessed he was worth that much. Props to him and props to ANYONE who makes a name for themselves and gets money.

He is very smart. I mean, most famous people, especially musicians & comedians are more smart business people than they are talented at their craft.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    Shawn Wayans *Awaits L. Kizzle's defensive rant*
    Or the new generation of Wayans. If they weren't related they would probably be limited to posting on vine and putting on variety shows in their living rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    What the hell has she done though? She made a sex tape with Ray J and then her mom created a ton of reality tv shows for her and Kim's siblings. Has Kim ever starred in a string of $100 million+ grossing films? Ever went platinum in her singing career?

She's just a girl born to a filthy rich family who made a sex tape, did some shit reality tv shows for her mom, and married another rich dude.
    Well accomplishments are relative so i'm not sure what point you're trying to prove. I see the bitch on magazines and on ads promoting her brands. She's undoubtedly one of the most famous people on the planet. I guess we interpreted the question differently..

Pitbull has done quite a bit and doesn't have any apparent "talents" ... so I guess he's a good candidate, also Diddy, Birdman, guys like that.

Bieber

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    lol. my bad. im used to people being really stupid on this forum, you are not one of those people, so I apologize.

And, no, I didn't know, nor would I have EVER guessed he was worth that much. Props to him and props to ANYONE who makes a name for themselves and gets money.

He is very smart. I mean, most famous people, especially musicians & comedians are more smart business people than they are talented at their craft.
    Yep. He targets a market (churchgoers, single women, middle-aged black women) who at the point that they look forward to whatever product he puts out. TP will never be in a position where he has to challenge himself because of that. He'll just keep producing the same banal stuff over and over again.

Kinda like a one-dimensional NBA player who refuses to improve on other parts of his game

NBA lottery pick

Yep. He targets a market (churchgoers, single women, middle-aged black women) who at the point that they look forward to whatever product he puts out. TP will never be in a position where he has to challenge himself because of that. He'll just keep producing the same banal stuff over and over again.

Kinda like a one-dimensional NBA player who refuses to improve on other parts of his game
    And he barely pays any money to make his films. Cause actors work with him for cheaper and he owns his own land and studios

And i heard from one of my professors that other directors actually pay him to use his land and studio, so he makes money off that as well.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

   

there are so many 'celebrities' these days that i wouldn't even know where to begin... not that i even know a fraction of their names. to do that i'd need to pay attention to them, and that ain't happening anytime soon.

celebrities seem to come in endless waves, now... crashing against the shore of public consciousness... borne by the flatulent winds of reality shows, forgettable songs, vapid TV, criminal incidents, youtube, you name it.

what a godamn glorious age we live in.

NBA rookie of the year

Kim kardashian is incredibly talented at self promotion. There are millions of girls who have sex on tape. She managed to turn that into multiple television shows for her and her family. She has a clothing line, and perfume and probably other shit too.

She managed to get people to pay her $17 million just to watch her get married.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    What the hell has she done though? She made a sex tape with Ray J and then her mom created a ton of reality tv shows for her and Kim's siblings. Has Kim ever starred in a string of $100 million+ grossing films? Ever went platinum in her singing career?

She's just a girl born to a filthy rich family who made a sex tape, did some shit reality tv shows for her mom, and married another rich dude.
    She gets good ratings. I am not a fan of her at all, but networks aint paying me $17 million to watch me get married. She is doing something right. Could you get as good ratings as she does? If the answer is no then she has at least one talent that we dont.

Guys on jersey shore are also talented in this manner. Success = talent. Anyone who says differently just doesnt appreciate that form of talent and/or is a hater. Heard by the end they were making millions per episode.

Eg. I am not the biggest fan of rap. But Little wayne is super rich. he has talent.

Edit: the one exception to rich people being talented is inheritance and winning the lottery. in all other circumstances rich people have some form of talent.

NBA rookie of the year

It works for him. asking him to try something new is like asking shaq to start shooting 3s. Sometimes trying something different is the stupidest thing you can do. Man knows his audience. delivers what his audience wants. Audience is satisfied. He makes money and has his audience anticipating his next project.

He would be stupid to try something new.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Ryan Reynolds. Every film this bum does is a flop. Producers still giving him leading roles for some reason.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    got damm that's two disgusting human beings

kesha,pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Or the new generation of Wayans. If they weren't related they would probably be limited to posting on vine and putting on variety shows in their living rooms.
    damon wayans junior is a hilarious actor in his own right. ive never been much of a wayans fan, but damon junior is one of my favorite comedic actors on tv today.