Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Straight Outta Compton movie discussion

Great Movie with amazing acting....cubes son surprised me...dudes got chops..

2nd half was a bit weaker....felt a little too on the nose....but still entertaining.

Overall awesome film about one of the most influential groups ever

Was expecting a better movie being that i listened to them a lot before when they first came out , it's good-great movie if you are a casual/mainstream fan that doesn't know much about them.
    http://watch32.is/movie/zGWbrgxP-str...a-compton.html

NBA Superstar

i liked all of the actor portrayals other than the snoop guy who looked like some sucker.

i feel like they could've portrayed EZ fukkin a ton of bitches more, especially with his EZ access line for his pants being so low, i was thinking they definitely had that in the movie but they didn't. it would've set up the aids outcome better which sort of came out of nowhere.

i haven't read how much of it is true so i'm confused right now between what i remember and what i just watched. i know they hated EZ more than this movie portrayed it, or had issues with him where general opinion at one point was he sold them out.

and i really wonder how much of the Suge shit was true. just seemed unreal how Suge never got charges pressed on him for crazy shit he supposedly did. maybe they should've explained it better with Suge's relationship with the bloods.

really loved the soundtrack tho, Cubes shit made me want to buy his records all over again. he came out looking the best, then Dre, and the rest sort of looked like bitches

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    i liked all of the actor portrayals other than the snoop guy who looked like some sucker.

i feel like they could've portrayed EZ fukkin a ton of bitches more, especially with his EZ access line for his pants being so low, i was thinking they definitely had that in the movie but they didn't. it would've set up the aids outcome better which sort of came out of nowhere.

i haven't read how much of it is true so i'm confused right now between what i remember and what i just watched. i know they hated EZ more than this movie portrayed it, or had issues with him where general opinion at one point was he sold them out.

and i really wonder how much of the Suge shit was true. just seemed unreal how Suge never got charges pressed on him for crazy shit he supposedly did. maybe they should've explained it better with Suge's relationship with the bloods.

really loved the soundtrack tho, Cubes shit made me want to buy his records all over again. he came out looking the best, then Dre, and the rest sort of looked like bitches
    I bet the Eazy-E AIDS thing was probably a little tricky to handle. Knowing his fate, I kind of felt they hit me over the head with it a little on the foreshadowing front. His coughs felt a little random and forced, and Jerry Heller had a line about slowing down on the sex stuff earlier.

I was a little surprised the Eazy-E beef wasn't delved into on a little deeper level, not even a hint of Dre Day. But then again, with Ice Cube and Dr. Dre largely behind this film, one can kind of see and understand how they might subtly glorify themselves a bit while sparing their fallen friend to some degree.

Lastly, I didn't know many specifics about Suge Knight's legal history, just that he always seemed caught up in something. I Wiki'd him, and there's a spot specifically for all his legal troubles. He was sentenced to nine years in prison in 1996 for a probation violation. He was released in 2001. The rap sheet is even more extensive since then - he's even been shot on a few times. And obviously, now he's facing those charges for running over and killing a dude on Straight Outta Compton's set: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suge_Knight

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Loved it. Having grown up in the NWA era, and following them and the beef that followed, having seen it on the bigscreen was a surreal experience.

The opening sequence of with Eazy was amazing, and put you straight into Compton. Might be my favourite scene, along with Eazy learning how to rhyme in the studio.

Lot of things I didnt know(Spoilers):

Eazy had a physical confrontation with Suge? . Eazy has some serious balls on him

Dre originally brought in East coast rappers to rhyme on his beats.

Cube smashing up the execs office

Yella was a huge joker.

You can tell Cube was an exec producer for the movie because he pretty much played the whole song for No Vaseline . Its cool though. You can tell there was a different generation watching by the way they were reacting. You can tell some of the audience had never heard that track.

Cant wait to watch it again.

Why the hell is Tupac even in this film? I don't care ifnit was for 2 minutes. He had nothing to do with. Or if you want him in the film put him in after Eazy dies not before.