Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: In the end nothing can come good out of facebook

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I never really liked it but these days it's overrun with self obsessed douche bags and parents-aunts-uncles. I'll get a bit wasted about once a month and check on pics of my nephew or something but that's about it.
    That's what you do when you're wasted? Fuuuun

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

The entire reason I never made an FB account is the fact that I have an extreme fear of mixing friends, family, coworkers. Many of my friends from HS were on the thug retard side of things and I have a great job and I don't want my coworkers whom I respect to mix with that. I also don't need my family members to mix with that.

Those three groups...friends, family, work...I would very much like to keep in their own separate universes.

From what I have read here in the US the FB population for young people is going down, they are migrating to Twitter. While the old folk are finally invading FB. That is what is causing people to leave FB, it has taken on a family setting now where everyone's grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc can gather and post old pics of you.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Its the best. how any other way I could create a group to play ball today? All this in 2 mins.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I'm shutting this thing down. As much connections you can make there is even more evil that is produced. On top of privacy being breeched there is just too much drama that can be created if you're in contact with the wrong people.

I had recently created an event page for one of my clients to launch a new product. Another customer who was upset with a delay in his shipment decides to post it on the event page wall. Thus embarrassing himself, humiliating me, and upsetting the customer who's event the page was created for. Our CEO is pissed.

I've seen it people ruin one too many lives. All it does is open up a whole heep off trouble
    Its a very powerful promotional tool for small businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Its a very powerful promotional tool for small businesses.
    I have seen this with a lot of upstart businesses using this to promote and get their names out there. It's cheaper than most advertising outlets. The problem is it doesn't attract NEW customers. It mainly appeals to acquired customers and keeps them updated on current promos. Unless you pay for those ad spots on the side (which most small businesses can't afford), most of those are ignored just like the ones ------------->
    it really doesn't generate any new business. Also I find that the customer base that would be interested is slowly migrated away from using facebook.

At least it's free and if you got an employee who likes keeping it up, have at 'er. It's more helpful than harmful. I might just start a page for strictly business. But using this as a personal tool to keep updated in your personal world, for me has become a dangerous and emotionally exhausting thing.

I haven't really used Facebook for like 2 years. Never really got into it to be honest, even though my career is dependent on networking.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

FB is great for creeping hoes

Personally I don't use it anymore. Made a page as my ex told me it was so cool, when we broke up I deleted it, so I wouldn't be stalked.

Problem was I had maintaining duties for our band's page, so I created a new incognito one I haven't used in more than half a year again, since we're inactive atm.

Biggest problem is that it interferes with personal life. Either by putting up stuff yourself or by others you don't even want to put shit up. There's no other reasons than this for personal use.

Facebook also makes me realize how backwards this world is. You can post that you flew to Ethiopia and fed starving children yet a picture of a girl eating a red velvet cheesecake can get 10 times the amount of likes

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Facebook also makes me realize how backwards this world is. You can post that you flew to Ethiopia and fed starving children yet a picture of a girl eating a red velvet cheesecake can get 10 times the amount of likes
    Not quite the same thing, but we made shirts for our band and posted them. We've been up late at night for days, just to complete the artwork, paid alot of
    Last edited by Overdrive; 03-14-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    That's what you do when you're wasted? Fuuuun
    Once a month at 3 am when I'm back from the bar. Yeah.

Once a month at 3 am when I'm back from the bar. Yeah.
    Are you a registered sex offender? Checking out pictures of your nephew, drunk at 3 o'clock in the morning, isn't that a bit suspicious?

Had Facebook for about 2 years because everyone was into it and I thought why not because it was easy to pick up chicks to go to clubs with, but then it got old with everyone talking about their life problems & shit on it, relatives bugging you with some boring bs and what not. Haven't had FB for about 6 months, couldn't be happier.

I think FB died out as far as the younger generation is concerned, it was still fun to check up on friends & see what they're up to, but now it's like all your family members use it & post crap you don't care about, younger relatives always bugging you via PM & sending requests & shit, I guess I realized I don't need to be apart of a huge social network to get laid anymore & all the other shit wasn't worth it, stopped using it as frequently & then got rid of it eventually.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 03-14-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Are you a registered sex offender? Checking out pictures of your nephew, drunk at 3 o'clock in the morning, isn't that a bit suspicious?
    Have you looked at a pic of a relative before? Are you a registered sex offender? Facebook is so retarded I can only stomach it every few weeks after a few drinks.

Have you looked at a pic of a relative before? Are you a registered sex offender? Facebook is so retarded I can only stomach it every few weeks after a few drinks.
    No, I don't/didn't add relatives in facebook - as said I'm incognito there. It sounds like a routine for you and that's definately weird. The combination of time and drunken state just seems odd.