Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Default Will Cleveland have the biggest drop off in wins in NBA history?

Cavs are going to win 20-25 games this season. Last year they won 60+. They could see a drop off of 40 wins this season. What's the biggest drop in wins from one season to the next in NBA history?

Default Re: Will Cleveland have the biggest drop off in wins in NBA history?

What was the Bulls record after MJ/Pippen/Phil left?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    What was the Bulls record after MJ/Pippen/Phil left?
    13-37, but as the record suggets, that was in the lockout- shortened 99 season so it's rather difficult to compare to a 82 game season, and remember that Rodman also left them that season

they gotta beat the 97 Spurs

Local High School Star

They gotta win games to get to 20 wins, that is something they cant unless the other teams fields 3 or less players.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney
    13-37, but as the record suggets, that was in the lockout- shortened 99 season so it's rather difficult to compare to a 82 game season, and remember that Rodman also left them that season

You could go by percentages. That year, the Bulls finished with .260. The Cavs are on the verge for the worst record, I think even the Kings will sneak by them.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    You could go by percentages. That year, the Bulls finished with .260. The Cavs are on the verge for the worst record, I think even the Kings will sneak by them.

Wow. Bulls lost Pippen, Jordan, Rodman and Phil Jackson. Cavaliers are essentially the same team except Lebron. Lebron is amazing.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
    Wow. Bulls lost Pippen, Jordan, Rodman and Phil Jackson. Cavaliers are essentially the same team except Lebron. Lebron is amazing.
    Cavs also lost Z, Shaq, Delonte, and Mike Brown.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Lol mike brown.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

You add Z, Shaq, Delonte and Mike Brown to this team, they still wouldn't win 30 games.

Shaq would've already been hurt and checked out for the season by now.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
    What's so funny? That's 3 of their best players and the coach that the team was accustomed to for 5 seasons. I wasn't trying to equate it with the Bulls dip and take anything away from Lebron. I'm just saying there were significant changes other then Lebron. A team goes through that many changes, there almost a completely different team is my point.

Apart from the obvious void left by Bron, they are having a hard time adjusting to playing w/o the refs on their side every game..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST

Pretty much just Lebron... Delonte barely played last year, Byron Scott > Mike Brown, and Shaq/Z are replaced with Varejao/Powe which is isnt much of a dropoff since Varejao is actually a great defender and Powe can actually move.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

What's so funny? That's 3 of their best players and the coach that the team was accustomed to for 5 seasons. I wasn't trying to equate it with the Bulls dip and take anything away from Lebron. I'm just saying there were significant changes other then Lebron. A team goes through that many changes, there almost a completely different team is my point.
    its clearly not the exact same team.

however, jamison playing helps a lot this year. don't forget he hardly played in the regular season last year and he's a proven regular season guy.

z/shaq/delonte all missed significant time and the cavs didn't fall off at all. delonte was actually a huge distraction last year and provided very little.

some quick facts:

mo missed 13 games
    shaq missed 30
    delonte missed 18
    z missed 22
    gibson missed 26

jamison only played 25

knowledge.