Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Default Who wants Zach Randolph ?

The Clippers are obviously taking Blake Griffin with the #1 overall pick, and they are going to want to start him to let him develop. Problem is they already have a starting PF in Zach Randolph, a guy you don't want to take minutes from your young talent, nor do you want him negatively influencing your young talent. And if you park him on the bench you are going to have problems with team chemistry (think Marbury), so what do you do ? Normally it would be simple, you trade him. But Randolph is going to make 33M over the last two years of his contract, and who is going to be willing to take on that ?

Then ofcourse you could buy out his contract, but there is no way the Clippers cheap ass owners part with that much money.

So the question remains, what do you do with Zach Randolph ?
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Who wants Zach Randolph ?

Club him in the knee when he least expects it
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Al Thornton
Banned

There has to be a team that wants him. Chicago?
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

I don't really want to trade him but some possible scenarios:

Zach + R. Davis + Sofo Rights to the Grizzlies for Marko Jaric + Darko Milicic + Greg Buckner

Grizzlies were reportedly interested in Z-Bo before the Clippers got him from the Knickerbockers. In this deal, it only costs them about $5 mil in 2011 in Salary Cap to get a 20/10 PF.

Clippers get an expiring C, waive Buckner and get Lima in the stands. Not to mention, Marko knows Dunleavy's system and I liked him during his first stint here
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Its really simple and I discussed this in the other thread where a poster said Clippers will have to trade Brand if they take Griffin or trade Davis if they draft Rubio. Neither has to happen. Blake Griffin does NOT have to start. I'm not sure where you have to start the kid and why being a 6th man, first guy in the frontcourt rotation isnt an option.

Marcus Camby has a tradeable contract (think he is an expirer that comes off the books for the 2010 season)
Chris Kaman has been in trade rumors

You have two options to get rid of one if you are worrying about minutes being spread out with the addition of Griffin. No one is going to eat Zack's deal. Buying Zack out isnt even an option. Its borderline silly to even suggest. Zack produced and played well for the Clippers dispite being injured.

Zack is gone in 2 seasons. If it comes to a point of moving Zack? You can do it not this season but next 2010-11 season where a team who lost out on the FA frenzy might want his as an option or as a cap expirer. Or maybe Clippers let him play out his deal. Lots of options, getting rid of Zack this offseason isnt one.

Sixers cant get anyone to eat Sammy's 2yrs remaining (cheaper than Zach). How is LAC going to lure someone to eat Zack's deal? Heck why? Dude is productive.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
vert48
Can You?

The Clips should let Randolph mentor Griffin. Teaching him how to take in more calories than he expends should be first on the agenda.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Its really simple and I discussed this in the other thread where a poster said Clippers will have to trade Brand if they take Griffin or trade Davis if they draft Rubio. Neither has to happen. Blake Griffin does NOT have to start. I'm not sure where you have to start the kid and why being a 6th man, first guy in the frontcourt rotation isnt an option.

Marcus Camby has a tradeable contract (think he is an expirer that comes off the books for the 2010 season)

You have two options to get rid of one if you are worrying about minutes being spread out with the addition of Griffin. No one is going to eat Zack's deal. Buying Zack out isnt even an option. Its borderline silly to even suggest. Zack produced and played well for the Clippers dispite being injured.

Zack is gone in 2 seasons. If it comes to a point of moving Zack? You can do it not this season but next 2010-11 season where a team who lost out on the FA frenzy might want his as an option or as a cap expirer. Or maybe Clippers let him play out his deal. Lots of options, getting rid of Zack this offseason isnt one.

Sixers cant get anyone to eat Sammy's 2yrs remaining (cheaper than Zach). How is LAC going to lure someone to eat Zack's deal? Heck why? Dude is productive.

Exactly my thoughts.

Just would like to add on that trading Kaman would be a better option because of his foot problems could be chronic (read it somewhere) and his contract is two years longer.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
GiveItToBurrito

The Chicago idea sounds good, but the Clips would have to offer something along with Randolph, since I can't imagine any team wanting him for purely basketball-related reasons. Maybe Randolph and future first rounders for Deng and Tim Thomas or something? ZBo really is a cancer to his teams; I mentioned it in another thread, but his win share last year was around 3, even though he played in like 60 games. That's just...mind-boggling. I've never seen anyone put up numbers like him and do so little to improve their team; he makes Iverson at his worst look like Shane Battier.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

I don't think there will be any takers for Zach. But Kaman or Camby could be moved IMO. Especially Camby because of his contract. Kaman they could actually get some value for, but Zach would be a dump.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Kaman to Memphis for Antoines expirer would do it for me. Memphis drafts Rubio and has a nice frontcourt in Kaman and Gasol to go with Gay, Mayo, and Rubio.

I'd prefer Kaman for Prince or a sign and trade for Artest but I doubt any of those would happen.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #11
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Nobody wants Randolph. Black hole. Ball goes to him and no one ever sees it again.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #12
DuMa
Canned

Burger King Marketing Department
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
bettalaylow
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

This is a way out there idea but what about sending Randolph to Dallas?

Lord knows they are in desperate need of a legit number 2 scorer. Play him at the 5 spot.
bettalaylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #14
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Elton Brand plays for the 76ers.

GOBB losing his memory so soon.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #15
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalaylow
This is a way out there idea but what about sending Randolph to Dallas?

Lord knows they are in desperate need of a legit number 2 scorer. Play him at the 5 spot.
Stackhouse(expirer) + Dampier

Not sure how that would work with Randolph at C but Mark Cuban seems willing to take any risk to make the Mavericks better.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: