Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Live 13

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default NBA Live 13

I'm actually hyped about this game, how about you guys? These guys haven't had a game out for almost 2 years now. Supposedly EA fired 69 out of 70 employees previously on the NBA Live team. So they are expecting some big changes. One cool thing I heard about was ability to customize soundtrack/songs and add, remove some based on downloads etc.

EA servers are also more stable than 2K. Supposedly NBA Live 13 has full integration of ESPN to the max (more so than 2K). I knew Elite was going to be a bust before they scrapped it... but I think they are going to do it right this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JZJ...eature=related

Not airballing my layups anymore LOGoods7's Avatar

Default Re: NBA Live 13

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I'm actually hyped about this game, how about you guys? These guys haven't had a game out for almost 2 years now. Supposedly EA fired 69 out of 70 employees previously on the NBA Live team. So they are expecting some big changes. One cool thing I heard about was ability to customize soundtrack/songs and add, remove some based on downloads etc.

EA servers are also more stable than 2K. Supposedly NBA Live 13 has full integration of ESPN to the max (more so than 2K). I knew Elite was going to be a bust before they scrapped it... but I think they are going to do it right this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JZJ...eature=related
    I will definitely consider it, NBA2k12 was wack. Even though NBA live hasn't been good in forever if they put out a better basketball game I'll buy it over 2K13, no hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by LOGoods7
    I will definitely consider it, NBA2k12 was wack. Even though NBA live hasn't been good in forever if they put out a better basketball game I'll buy it over 2K13, no hesitation.
    I like 2K12 a lot but after months of owning it... I have to say it doesn't have the same replayability of previous games from 2K or Live. The fact that I'm forced to play minimum of 20-30 of the My Player games a season is absurd. I should be able to simulate as much as I want.. otherwise it starts to feel tedious as hell.

Banned

Meh, As far as I'm concerned, 2K has completely owned the basketball genre. EA is gonna have to do some epic shit for me to consider it, especially with the shit they last put out.

Showed no gameplay or anything else.

Probably gonna suck. Ironically, EA Sports isn't great at making sports games.

Banned

I think EA will ruin this. 2k12 was pretty decent but I agree I've found it has less re playability, I like making associations but every player this year has close to the same feel on their jump shots and I seem to be able to pull off the same wins using guys rated in the 60s as guys rated in the 90s this time around. Wasn't like that in 2k11.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The only reason Live coming out is a good thing is that it will at least create some competition in the basketball video game market again. Hopefully that will force more effort to be put into the 2K series. It would be nice if the 2K series had at least semi-functional and intuitive online lobbies and features.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I think EA will ruin this. 2k12 was pretty decent but I agree I've found it has less re playability, I like making associations but every player this year has close to the same feel on their jump shots and I seem to be able to pull off the same wins using guys rated in the 60s as guys rated in the 90s this time around. Wasn't like that in 2k11.
    Yup. Hate how they took away draft comparisons. That simple thing made drafting so much more fun. I'd always look for the next Shaq, Yao etc.

I wouldn't be too eager to buy EA's first reattempt at the NBA Live series. It'll probably be full of bugs and glitches and/or suck as much as all the previous Live games.

Banned

i hope jesus-bynum of nazereth gets resurrected

Not airballing my layups anymore LOGoods7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    I wouldn't be too eager to buy EA's first reattempt at the NBA Live series. It'll probably be full of bugs and glitches and/or suck as much as all the previous Live games.
    That's true of course, but I'm considering at least giving NBA Live a shot whereas from NBA2K7-2K11 I didn't even think about buying or playing NBA live

Quote Originally Posted by LOGoods7
    That's true of course, but I'm considering at least giving NBA Live a shot whereas from NBA2K7-2K11 I didn't even think about buying or playing NBA live
    Same although...I was thinking about buying live first and then trading it in if I didn't like it the year 2k11 came out. BUT then that plan was never gonna happen the day they announced Jordan has the cover.

`2k's rendition of the actual basketball part of the game was always better, but once 2k started adding things like better strategy, better ball handling, signature shots and the like EA was already completely lost. Since those days, 2k has kept on piling a lot of modes into the series in addition to the gameplay tweaks. The my player mode, 2k Share, the legends mode, the team multiplayer.

I'm curious to see what they'll do though. Most likely it'll just be as close a copy of 2k's gameplay as they can make with one gimmick added to spark interest. But if they truly tried to find their own basketball game and strike a different chord than 2k that could be interesting.

The only thing EA could bring to the table was better online play, and an Ultimate Team mode.

If the core gameplay sucks though, none of that will matter.