Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Gasol poised for MVP season

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Every time Pau opens his mouth he comes across like a complete idiot, he seriously needs to shut his pie hole. Everyone knows that Pau wasn't aggressive BEFORE 'Antoni got here
    He's not aggressive because he has a V@gina, plain and simple.

If he were smart he would've just said that he plays his best basketball in the paint but the coach won't allow him to post up......then even I could have a bit of sympathy for him.
    offense he can complain but what about defense and getting those damm rebounds?

play with some fcuking heart there right DK?

Nene abused him
    Amir Johnson abused him
    A Davis abused him
    Tim Mozgov abused him
    Morieff twins abused him?

lol list goes on

Default Re: Gasol poised for MVP season

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    offense he can complain but what about defense and getting those damm rebounds?

play with some fcuking heart there right DK?

Nene abused him
    Amir Johnson abused him
    A Davis abused him
    Tim Mozgov abused him
    Morieff twins abused him?

lol list goes on
    Absolutely, Positively RIGHT!!!!
    I am HUGE on rebounding, I have always taught all of my players to rebound and if things aren't right, I have been known to have 2hr practices wnere we only practice rebounding techniques.

And, that MFer needs to show some pride as a man and get mean if someone is whipping his ass.....if Mozgov can whip your ass you belong on the bench making Sacre type money.......just saying.

Yet with all this, Pau wants to run his mouth

Default Gasol Defense

I haven't had a chance to see a lot of NBA games, but how is Gasol defense this year? Is it bad bad like people in the Nba forum say or is it just average. I know his defense shouldn't be as good as it was back in the championship days but is it as bad as Kobe's?

Home of the 16

Default Re: Gasol Defense

The majority of the time, he's getting abused in the post. Amir Johnson dropped 30 on him, & I think Alex Len dropped 20 on him. But yeah, it's gotten worse.

Home of the 16

"If you look at the (potential) free agents, there is probably not as good a player as Pau Gasol."
    Mitch Kupchack

[QUOTE=$LakerGold]

Default Re: ☆Official Pau Gasol Thread: Pau Gasol's contract year

I think at this point, Lakers will have no choice but to hold onto Gasol. There is not much else out there to replace Gasol at PF.

You might say "Draft a PF to replace Gasol", but I feel as if it would be better to draft a position more important to build around - PG. A guy like Exum is best for long-run. This high pick is very RARE for Lakers so don't blow it on a position like PF that is not as important as PG.

We know what we're getting from Gasol so might as well hold onto him than to risk entire future on a replacement for him. Worse comes to worst, we can always go after Kevin Love next summer if future is the concern. For the short-term, the less question-marks there are in starting 5, the better off we are. We know Kobe-Gasol duo works.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I think at this point, Lakers will have no choice but to hold onto Gasol. There is not much else out there to replace Gasol at PF.

You might say "Draft a PF to replace Gasol", but I feel as if it would be better to draft a position more important to build around - PG. A guy like Exum is best for long-run. This high pick is very RARE for Lakers so don't blow it on a position like PF that is not as important as PG.

We know what we're getting from Gasol so might as well hold onto him than to risk entire future on a replacement for him. Worse comes to worst, we can always go after Kevin Love next summer if future is the concern. For the short-term, the less question-marks there are in starting 5, the better off we are. We know Kobe-Gasol duo works.
    Gasol's health has been in decline, no question about that. Why waste another dime on a Nash situation (Or....KOBE?) to happen where you have more$$$$ sitting injured than you have able to play on the court.......time to set him free no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Gasol's health has been in decline, no question about that. Why waste another dime on a Nash situation (Or....KOBE?) to happen where you have more$$$$ sitting injured than you have able to play on the court.......time to set him free no matter what.
    What's the alternative though?

You do agree that drafting a PF with our pick is not the smartest decision, right? At least over Exum/Smart (Parker/Wiggins/Embiid will be gone top 4). If it's not the draft then it has to be FA or trade. Lakers don't have any trade-assets. FA is only other possibility, but if we want Love, we can't max out this summer.

Home of the 16

One of those teams in the lottery will be drafting some European guy. Watch. lol
    It happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    What's the alternative though?

You do agree that drafting a PF with our pick is not the smartest decision, right? At least over Exum/Smart (Parker/Wiggins/Embiid will be gone top 4). If it's not the draft then it has to be FA or trade. Lakers don't have any trade-assets. FA is only other possibility, but if we want Love, we can't max out this summer.
    What's the desperation? PF isn't even close to being the most important position in the NBA. This team isn't going anywhere so lets just pick up some scrub or journeyman to pass the time. Lakers have found out how to find scrubs quite well
    bring back Pau and he declines in health to play 20 games? To be played wrong by a clueless coach. I hope Pau has the intelligence to stay away from the Lakers for his own sake.

How about a compromise.
    Sign Pau for a ONE year deal or 2 years with a team option. You might have to over pay tho to do that and there's no way he signs at all if they don't fire MDA.
    Another option is to sign and trade him for 2-3 good players like Lowry/Derozan/Amir Johnson....I can dream can't I

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    How about a compromise.
    Sign Pau for a ONE year deal or 2 years with a team option. You might have to over pay tho to do that and there's no way he signs at all if they don't fire MDA.
    Another option is to sign and trade him for 2-3 good players like Lowry/Derozan/Amir Johnson....I can dream can't I
    In regards to the last paragraph yes you can :), well that could work...we will just need someone to hypothetically give Masai Ujiri excuse the spelling some scopolamine and have said person hypothetically try and orchestrate said trade (scopolamine is known to get rid of free will and to basically allow someone to do whatever you tell them, so if someone would hypothetically do that we might have a chance of that sort of a trade ) without someone doing that probably not , unfortunately I think Lowry will want too much money to get he'll be wanting between 9-12 and he should get it but I think if the Lakers offered him that then they could well not have enough to try and sign Love the next year would love to get Lowry dammit such an underrated point guard, I think he could get a lot in free agency that he deserves but the Lakers probably won't want to offer unless he takes less because of future free agent targets.
    Last edited by Lakers91; 04-20-2014 at 01:33 AM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Default Rumor: Lakers never offered more than second rounder for Gasol

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...ol/2014/04/20/

This will probably be merged but spotted this article on Lakers nation on one of the few times I've actually gone onto the site usually I don't bother but occasionally some articles I don't mind reading, if true it would explain why he wasn't traded.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: [Rumour] Lakers never offered more than second rounder for Gasol

I would think the offers weren't that good. Pau is making close to 20 million. Teams don't want to take on that kind of salary.