Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: ISH Mock Draft 2010

At this point, I don't care. Too many rummors of players pulling out of the draft, so this isn't a very good mock =/

If you have a pick, go for it.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Nah, I don't really know, just wanted to see what kinda guards people thought'd last until #57.

I do think Latavious Wiliams, the PF from the D-League that skipped college would be a solid fit for Miami though. Somewhat like a more athletic Udonis Haslem.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Yeah, it would be nice to see some gems, but this draft is just too weak. Every team out of the lottery is really grinding it out, to find a solid bench player.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    Yeah, it would be nice to see some gems, but this draft is just too weak. Every team out of the lottery is really grinding it out, to find a solid bench player.
    I completely disagree. This is certainly a draft that's weak on franchise altering talent. There's literally not one that I see as a surefire franchise player. Wall certainly can, Cousins can if he takes his Paxil. Turner's a very, very nice piece, but I can't ever see him being a #1 on a contending team. Maybe Favors if he learns how to actually play ball.

However, this draft is VERY deep on rotational players. I suppose there could end up being some 2nd round Euro gems that get stashed for a few years and turn into something like Shved and Bjelica, but there're some very solid pieces on the board, guys like Trevor Booker, Lazar Hayward, Dexter Pittman, Derrick Caracter, etc etc. These aren't game changers, but all of them have the chance to be very good contributors. Frankly as much as the one and done rule's done to hurt the game in regards to gambling in the lotto and top of the first, I absolutely love what it's done by pushing legit NBA players into the second round.

Serious playground baller sawyersauce's Avatar

It's been about 2 days waiting for the Heat, so I'm just going to pick for the Spurs.

- Nemanja Bjelica

I've only seen highlights and read scouting reports. But he seems like the sort of player San Antonio would lean towards - He fills a position of need (SF) and we can add him to our trove of oversea projects. From what I've seen/read he looks like a super-versatile Lamar Odom type. He has an intriging combination of size (6'10) and point-guard skills, ie ballhandling, court vision, passing. He has decent range on his jumpshot which should allow him to fill both wing-positions. And at Eurobasket 09, he did an excellent job of using his size and strength to seal low against mismatched defenders.

:3

Yo, what happened to this thread?

Bumping this to announce that I got both my picks for the Nets correct. I mock drafted both Favous and Crawford who were both drafter by the Nets in the real draft.

Yeah, *******.