Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: war with the nicotine demon

dont worry bro islam will help purge this demon as well as the rest of your infidel ways

when i was in class they asked the girls if they thought smoking made you less attractive and every girl said yes

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    dont worry bro islam will help purge this demon as well as the rest of your infidel ways
    thanks

I gave away all my cigs and lighters already

After hoarding cartons of euro smokes from the duty free, no way I'm paying 12$ for premium tobacco at the store

also planning to get a tattoo memento commemorating my hedonistic destructive past

but the tattoo will come if I can cut a lot of my fat and gain some sexy mass

anyways, thanks for the support you guys

ISH = family. You in?

This guy is trollin.

lol @ p. tiddy coming in and pontificating about how he and others should live their lives and save themselves from the demon of addiction. Keep spreading the light bro.

5-time NBA All-Star

LMFAO

A former wealthy drunkard strip club going aggressive lunatic in luv with olive Garden and a religion that doesn't even give a fukk if u smoke or not (go to turkey or Pakistan with a zippo ull be cool) helping an Asian American father heal himself to become an awesome daddy.

Fukking reality show material right here folks

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

@ people who smoke cigs, only a matter of time before ya'll get cancer, can't believe nikkas are actually paying to get cancer.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

I've never been religious J$

check this out too:

good to know that people are getting more wise over time when it comes to smoking...

all age groups too

20 years from now smokers will be a very small minority...

also:

those should be obvious though...cigarette companies feed on the poor and uneducated

Is all you ever do is post charts p tiddy? Graduating from college doesn't mean shit because your average college graduate is an utter moron. Are you surprised that people with more to live for and with better prospects in life are less likely to smoke? Added to that, an incredibly high percentage of people who suffer mental illness smoke because it provides them with a source of comfort.

I can post charts too, look:

In the US, those who are very dull consume the least tobacco .

How about this one? More intelligent = more likely to use drugs:

[QUOTE]A 2010 study that ran in Psychology Today (what, you don't subscribe?) also states that those with an IQ of 125 or higher are exponentially more likely to use drugs. Says the study:
    Net of sex, religion, religiosity, marital status, number of children, education, earnings, depression, satisfaction with life, social class at birth, mother

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I quit cold turkey after 15+ years, no gum, no patch, no book, no nothing...

have to just do it...NIKE

in my experience:

month 1 of quitting: somewhat easy, because this is where you are determined to quit
    month 2-3 of quitting: hardest part, nic fits out the ass, looking for excuses as to why "this is a good time to quit", more stressed than usual, grinding teeth at night, etc
    month 4-6 of qutting: also hard, but it's starting to ease up some, you are finally starting to get used to life without smokes
    month 7-12 of quitting: somewhat easy, you're past the worst of it...still get cravings though, and still think about it
    month 13-24 of quitting: you've quit, it's over...if you go back now then you're hopeless
    month 25-death of quitting: the only time you think about smoking is when are asking yourself wtf you were thinking smoking in the first place, or when you smell another smoker and realize just how awful you stunk shit up for everyone else.

*getting drunk (or fcked up on other drugs) can make things drastically harder...if you can stay sober while you quit it can make things way easier...if you get drunk you are very likely to break down.

BEST, POST. ON. ISH. EVER.

This is some real sh*t. It's pretty obvious OP never had a real intention to quit.

C'mon Dresta, I don't know what beef you had with him in other discussions, but dude is giving some practical advice on how to quit. I can't help but respect him since he's speaking truth.

Ok p tiddy, skip the charts and stats: it's all bullsh*t anyways and stick with your real life experience. I can understand Dresta's frustration.

OP is trolling, p tiddy is pontificating and giving life lessons as usual.

I don't see any value in that post whatsoever; you have to really want to quit to quit, you just have to DO IT - wow that's some deep shit right thurr.

Not to mention that list of progression is p tiddy thinking what applies to him applies to everyone again. You think people who've quit for 2 years never take up the habit again, seriously? He does say 'in my experience' i suppose, but then he also inserts the word 'you' continuously, when what he really means is 'I'.

I personally had no problem quitting for 6 months when i had a reason that made it thoroughly unwise to smoke. People just smoke because they like it: if they didn't, they would all be smoking e-cigs, which provides the same drug in the same manner, without the health risks.
    Last edited by Dresta; 02-11-2014 at 11:04 PM.

You know if every thread is going to devolve into a Primetime-Dresta argument I think I'm gonna have to find another basketball site.

Sorry bro, i can't let demonstrably false bs like the following slide: 'remember there are literally no benefits to smoking cigarettes...none

the only thing you get from smoking is curbing the craving that you created, (which gives you a false sense that it is "relaxing", in reality nicotine creates anxiety, stress, and nervousness)' (they actually activate reward pathways that make you feel good - fact)

and 'smokers can't have relationships with non-smokers' - really?

He talks absolute bullshit and then uses it to tell people what to do with their lives. What a ****.
    Last edited by Dresta; 02-11-2014 at 11:58 PM.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    You know if every thread is going to devolve into a Primetime-Dresta argument I think I'm gonna have to find another basketball site.
    Im not arguing with him... just ignoring... guy just really loves his substances