Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #16
InsideRaptors
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Eddie House would be useless for the Raptors.

I'd love to hear your theory.
InsideRaptors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Eddie House:

- undersized 2-guard who does nothing well other than a decent (not great) 3pt shot. He's not a playmaker, not a good passer, not a smart shooter, can't defend and doesn't bring anything else to a team other than the ability to come in and chuck up a lot of 3's. Also, he benefitted A LOT from the great system that D'Antoni had set up in Phoenix.

An ok 10th man on a team maybe but nothing more. If the Raptors sign him then his role would be seemingly expanded and that's not something I want to see.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #18
InsideRaptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Eddie House:

- undersized 2-guard who does nothing well other than a decent (not great) 3pt shot. He's not a playmaker, not a good passer, not a smart shooter, can't defend and doesn't bring anything else to a team other than the ability to come in and chuck up a lot of 3's. Also, he benefitted A LOT from the great system that D'Antoni had set up in Phoenix.

An ok 10th man on a team maybe but nothing more. If the Raptors sign him then his role would be seemingly expanded and that's not something I want to see.

Mo isnt a playmaker or a great passer either. Were not expecting House to come in here and give us a defensive spark, we would be bringing him off the bench to spark the offense and score some points. As I recall the Raptors were notorious for chucking the 3 ball last year, House would fit in fine.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #19
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Beacause we were chuckers last season doesn't mean we need to be this season.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #20
InsideRaptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Beacause we were chuckers last season doesn't mean we need to be this season.

Look at it this way, whos gonna shoot the 3 rock for us this year, I look down our roster and only see Mo pete as a great 3 point shooter assuming Mike James isnt back. Compared to last year where we had Charlie, Mike, Bonner, Jalen. Shooting the 3 was a big part of our offence last year, and not having enough shooters is nothing but trouble.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #21
Fuubs
Learning to shoot layups

<---------------- And That Guy Right There Woulda Helped Us Out Alot With That!!!!!!!!!! Mo Mo For Prez!
Fuubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #22
TRapsFan4Lyf

personally i like the idea of eddie house coming to toronto... u have to realise BC is trying to shape another team like phoenix, with runners in the wing (mo and joey) and a fast inside presence (bosh) eddie house has that amazing quick release that can be very helpful when bosh gets doubled or when the opponents defence isnt set up yet
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #23
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideRaptors
Look at it this way, whos gonna shoot the 3 rock for us this year, I look down our roster and only see Mo pete as a great 3 point shooter assuming Mike James isnt back. Compared to last year where we had Charlie, Mike, Bonner, Jalen. Shooting the 3 was a big part of our offence last year, and not having enough shooters is nothing but trouble.

That is why I want Jumaine Jones. He can shoot a great three but he is smart about it.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #24
Jalen5
Serious playground baller

I like to see the free agents list for next year!
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #25
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Next years free agent list is a lot better than this years, although I don't know where to get the list.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:50 PM   #26
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

I would like to see Eddie House or Jumaine Jones come in along with Fred Jones. I would like to see House or J Jones come in because like previoussly mentioned we only have Mo Pete to make threes this year. Fred Jones is a really exciting player who would be great coming of the bench for us.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #27
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

What are peoples thoughts on Jared Jeffries? He's my personal favorite candidate of the guys mentioned.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:01 PM   #28
InsideRaptors

Im gonna say that the more likely candidates to be signed are Jeffires, Butleer and possibly House.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #29
the truth
...since 95

Eddie House...hmm...well he can shoot, he is not a bad defender, more of an average one, ok a little below average. But if he were a great defender and a great shooter he wouldn’t really be considered a role player and would demand a higher salary. In his current incarnation he is a role player and will be paid accordingly. I have no problem with the Raps signing him to a small contract.

Fred Jones would be alright. I hope he continues to develop his 3-point shot and handles. It would really make him into a solid starter.

Jared Jeffries, I really expect him to be in Washington next season. I would like to have him for sure but Washington is committed to bringing him back (from what I've read).

Jumaine Jones makes a lot of sense for our roster. He is a decent defender who can hit the three and rebound a bit. Not a bad athlete either.

Bring in Jumaine...and Freddie.
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #30
Rapsfan4life
I rule the local playground

Jared would be a solid addition to the Raptors. He is a 6'11 small foward who is improving his jumper each year. When do you guys think the earliest free agent signing for the Raptors will come? Meaning before the official day of signing contract, july 12 i think.

Last edited by Rapsfan4life : 07-04-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: