Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Roster

Default Re: Final Roster

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    I normally respect your opinion but you are just flat out wrong on this one. This guy has the toughness of Metta and his athleticism compares to Iguodala. Coach him up and he will be a nice replacement for Metta presumably when he moves on in 2014.

As for the summer league stuff, it does matter. Morrison played well in summer league because the level of competition is more comparable to college level players. If Goudelock couldn't at least play at the same level as Morrison in summer league, we should be really concerned. Face it bro. The dude is a scrub. We don't need his 4.4 points per game on 39% shooting. SCRUB.
    2 years in the league and hasn't done anything nor earned a starting spot....I'll pass. Goudelock has shown he can play in REAL NBA games.

Your evaluation of talent????

NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers need to use the remainder of the mini MLE and pickup Barbosa. The man averaged 16pts on 40% 3pt shooting in the Olympics leading his Brazilian team.

He's a career 39% 3pt shooter and has excellent chemistry with Steve Nash. I like the Meeks signing, but Barbosa on the Lakers is really a no brainer. Find a way to dump Blake, preferably in a S&T to Indiana with cash to make it work.

I also wouldn't mind them using the remaining veteran's minimum, if they still have it, on Matt Barnes. He was their best bench player all season and injuries limited his productiveness/playing time in the playoffs.

PG: Nash | Barbosa | Duhon | Morris
    SG: Bryant | Meeks | Goudelock
    SF: Peace | Ebanks | Barnes
    PF: Gasol | Jamison | Clark
    C: Howard | Hill

Thoughts?
    Last edited by BallsOut; 08-26-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Lakers need to use the remainder of the mini MLE and pickup Barbosa. The man averaged 16pts on 40% 3pt shooting in the Olympics leading his Brazilian team.

He's a career 39% 3pt shooter and has excellent chemistry with Steve Nash. I like the Meeks signing, but Barbosa on the Lakers is really a no brainer. Find a way to dump Blake, preferably in a S&T to Indiana with cash to make it work.

I also wouldn't mind them using the remaining veteran's minimum, if they still have it, on Matt Barnes. He was their best bench player all season and injuries limited his productiveness/playing time in the playoffs.

PG: Nash | Barbosa | Duhon | Morris
    SG: Bryant | Meeks | Goudelock
    SF: Peace | Ebanks | Barnes
    PF: Gasol | Jamison | Clark
    C: Howard | Hill

Thoughts?
    Barbosa is a shooting guard NOT a point guard.....we have that spot covered so I'd pass.

Matt Barnes is not expected to re-sign with the Lakers....but since his legal troubles he's not as desirable for other teams......he may have to take a pay cut.

I would definitely like to see Steve Blake get traded.....he's not worth the $4mil we're paying him......plus I think he needs a fresh start elsewhere after some horrible, so called fans threatened him and his family.

I'm most in favor of getting some toughness with K-Mart or Birdman to fill out the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Austin Daye;
    http://www.pistonpowered.com/2011/08...r-austin-daye/

This article is from August 2011 NOT this year, he proceeded to have his worst season and is known to be as big a "Summer League Star, Real Season Bust" as Adam Morrison.

Last season .322% shooting .210% 3pt

Despite the mostly complimentary article he is doing nothing but getting worse in games that count.
    He was playing through a ankle injury all season last year. This is the reason for his lack of PT and decline in production.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    He was playing through a ankle injury all season last year. This is the reason for his lack of PT and decline in production.
    Ok, that is a legit reason however Detroit is not high on his ability at this time....a sign that they don't that injury is the big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmanfan
    I want to juggle some players....

Nash/Blake/Duhon
    Kobe/Meeks/Johson-Odom
    Metta/Jamison/Ebanks
    Pau/Hill/Clark
    Howard/?????/Sacre

Just one hole to fill.... Birdman would fit nicely!!!

Mitch, you are a genius!!!
    Hill works fine as a backup 5. He held his own against the Thunder with Bynum out. Remember? Jamison is a 4.

We have a log jam at the point position..

What the Lakers need is another big while Howard is out.

Martin?

We can also use another SF/SG type player.

But really for the most part this team is good to go.

Ok, that is a legit reason however Detroit is not high on his ability at this time....a sign that they don't that injury is the big problem.
    I think they are hoping he turns into a decent player...he has shown some flashes but very inconsistent. Either way, he is not what the Lakers need.

Barbosa is a shooting guard NOT a point guard.....we have that spot covered so I'd pass.

Matt Barnes is not expected to re-sign with the Lakers....but since his legal troubles he's not as desirable for other teams......he may have to take a pay cut.

I would definitely like to see Steve Blake get traded.....he's not worth the $4mil we're paying him......plus I think he needs a fresh start elsewhere after some horrible, so called fans threatened him and his family.

I'm most in favor of getting some toughness with K-Mart or Birdman to fill out the roster.
    Legal issues or not, I think Barnes was going to have to settle on the min. A lot of guys of his caliber are getting the min.

I think Blake can do better in a role where he knows he can handle which is going to be very limited. I think he couldnt handle the pressure when he came to LA bc everyone was hoping he would be the answer at the point. 4 mil is too much but not going to get much in return.

Kmart would be great for LA bc of his man defense and he can play both positions. Would he be willing to play with such little time he would get once Dwight returns? I can see Birdman willing to come for the min and accept limited minutes.

Legal issues or not, I think Barnes was going to have to settle on the min. A lot of guys of his caliber are getting the min.

I think Blake can do better in a role where he knows he can handle which is going to be very limited. I think he couldnt handle the pressure when he came to LA bc everyone was hoping he would be the answer at the point. 4 mil is too much but not going to get much in return.

Kmart would be great for LA bc of his man defense and he can play both positions. Would he be willing to play with such little time he would get once Dwight returns? I can see Birdman willing to come for the min and accept limited minutes.
    Yeah, I read that Birdman is worried that he won't get an NBA contract and is very anxious to sign for the minimum. I suspect that same reality is starting to hit Kmart.....the time for holding out for more money has passed this year.

Yes, you are 100% correct about Barnes.....I do feel a bit sorry for him, and I bet he wants back in now because of the championship quality roster......I don't know what Mitch wants for that last player....SF/PF or C combo.

Yeah, I read that Birdman is worried that he won't get an NBA contract and is very anxious to sign for the minimum. I suspect that same reality is starting to hit Kmart.....the time for holding out for more money has passed this year.

Yes, you are 100% correct about Barnes.....I do feel a bit sorry for him, and I bet he wants back in now because of the championship quality roster......I don't know what Mitch wants for that last player....SF/PF or C combo.
    Kmart really over valued his worth. While he is coming off a pretty successful stint in LA with the Clippers, not much money is being shelled out for old players.

Tons of players are being overpaid, but one thing in common is that they are all young players. Notice barely any old guys are getting more than min contracts.

Honestly, Martin is best fit in Miami where he will have a bigger role than he would here in LA.

In retrospect, he should have signed with Cleveland for 3 years/ 9 million. He doesn't get anything close to that anymore IMO.

Its a shame. He hustles, and he can put numbers on the board. He's also a very loyal player. How does someone like him not command that much money?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    In retrospect, he should have signed with Cleveland for 3 years/ 9 million. He doesn't get anything close to that anymore IMO.

Its a shame. He hustles, and he can put numbers on the board. He's also a very loyal player. How does someone like him not command that much money?
    Its always made me wonder why he was a career journeyman and always signed for near min deals in a time where a ton of money was being shelled out to a lot of lower tier players.

He has made a impact on every team he has ever played for the last 6 years. In Golden state, Orlando, Phoenix and the Lakers.

He has made 11 million in his 9 year career...thats pretty low for a guy who has been able to be a rotational player for the last 6 or so years.

Its always made me wonder why he was a career journeyman and always signed for near min deals in a time where a ton of money was being shelled out to a lot of lower tier players.

He has made a impact on every team he has ever played for the last 6 years. In Golden state, Orlando, Phoenix and the Lakers.

He has made 11 million in his 9 year career...thats pretty low for a guy who has been able to be a rotational player for the last 6 or so years.
    Just look at that and compare what we paid to Luke Walton and Steve Blake just to name 2

High School Varsity 6th Man

I wouldn't mind us dropping Blake. I think Duhon would be a solid backup to Nash.