Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: "I'm the center piece not an addition."- Chris Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by I am that I am
    Lol they missed the playoffs in 05, but then Kobe lead the worst supporting cast in the league starring Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Luke Walton as starters to the playoffs the next two years.

Do you know what the difference between Bosh and Kobe is? Kobe isn't a mentally weak pussy and he actually plays defense.

I know the difference, but to suggest one isn't a capable leader because the team missed the playoffs is just silly.

Even ATGs missed the playoffs.

Banned

He thinks of himself too much...

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    In that case,

Kobe should have never been the leader of his team or FMVP the last two years.

The Lakers missed the playoffs in 05.

But you know what the difference is between todays Laker squad and the 05 team?

The quality of his teammates.

Just as the quality of Boshs teammates aren't up to par.
    1) he would have made it if he was in the eastern conference.

2) Are you really comparing Smush, Kwame, and Luke to Calderon, Bargs, and Turk?

...not a strong argument.

Look...Bosh COULD be a number 1 option (or "leader" as you say) in the right scenario. Unfortunately, it would turn out like Joe Johnson in Atlanta. Basically, everyone knows that these guys are best suited for a 2nd fiddle role.
    Last edited by Dbrog; 06-18-2010 at 07:36 PM.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    1) he would have made it if he was in the eastern conference.

2) Are you really comparing Smush, Kwame, and Luke to Calderon, Bargs, and Turk?

...not a strong argument.
    When people are saying that Bosh shouldn't be a leader because he missed the playoffs,

yes I'm making the comparison.

The dudes you named for Toronto have done just as much as those on the Lakers in 05,

nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    Dear Chris Bosh,

The New York Knicks would like your services. We would also like to sign LeBron James. Don't worry though, he's an afterthought. You're the centerpiece and he will be your number two guy. [COLOR="White"]wink, wink[/COLOR]

Sincerely,
    ISH's Knick Fans

Here's Walsh reassuring Bosh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ag9Sll6RI

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

there are early career similarities between bosh and gasol.

but the difference is: gasol has always been about winning basketball games, and bosh has made it clear he wants money and fame.

is bosh wrong? probably not for a 25-26 year old guy, especially considering it's an entertainer's league and so few teams have a chance of competing.
    still, i value gasol's commitment more.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    there are early career similarities between bosh and gasol.

but the difference is: gasol has always been about winning basketball games, and bosh has made it clear he wants money and fame.

is bosh wrong? probably not for a 25-26 year old guy, especially considering it's an entertainer's league and so few teams have a chance of competing.
    still, i value gasol's commitment more.
    Gasol doesn't care about fame because he's not really that popular of a player. People don't care about Gasol's personal life, who he's dating, what he's doing off the court, etc... no more than a passing interest. But in terms of money, almost anyone who comes from Europe to play in the NBA comes because money is important to him.

That said, Euro guys do have a different mind set than that of American players. They are very team oriented and very loyal. I guess what i'm trying to say is that Bosh is doing what most in his position would. Gasol's situation isn't necessarily that similar.

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    Gasol doesn't care about fame because he's not really that popular of a player. People don't care about Gasol's personal life, who he's dating, what he's doing off the court, etc... no more than a passing interest. But in terms of money, almost anyone who comes from Europe to play in the NBA comes because money is important to him.

That said, Euro guys do have a different mind set than that of American players. They are very team oriented and very loyal. I guess what i'm trying to say is that Bosh is doing what most in his position would. Gasol's situation isn't necessarily that similar.
    i agree with that completely. money is important to every player (and every worker), and it should be.

to me though, bosh is prioritizing location too much. he can get his sign and trade and still be on a potential contending team if he would accept going to dallas or houston, or portland, or maybe even okc. but it doesn't seem like those are options he's even considering.

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    No team with Bosh as the center piece is going to win it all.
    Bosh/Yao

1a
    1b

this duo would wreck shit up on the rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    Bosh/Yao

1a
    1b

agreed. like i said above, he can get his money. the rockets would trade scola + picks + battier or ariza for him in a heartbeat, and probably were planning on trying until bosh shut down the idea.

Blazed22
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Bosh/Yao

1a
    1b

Um, there's no question who's the #1 there, and that's Yao.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazed22
    Um, there's no question who's the #1 there, and that's Yao.

i think it depends on the situation/opponent. still, yao has no ego so he would have no problem at all letting bosh play the batman role

Blazed22

i think it depends on the situation/opponent. still, yao has no ego so he would have no problem at all letting bosh play the batman role
    No it doesn't depend on the situation or opponent, it's pretty clear Yao is better than Bosh. That's like saying Kobe was the batman when Shaq was in town. Just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazed22
    No it doesn't depend on the situation or opponent, it's pretty clear Yao is better than Bosh. That's like saying Kobe was the batman when Shaq was in town. Just stupid.
    really? you don't think some teams playare more suited for yao to dominate then others?

anyways, your not understanding me. what i'm trying to say is yao won't have any problem telling bosh "yeah it's your team". he doesn't crave the stardom and limelight. he would gladly give it up to bosh.

if you think about it, it's a perfect situation for him. he gets to play with a guy that's arguably better then him, but won't demand the attention or fame. spotlight can shine on him all season long and he will be credited with the rocket's "turn around"
    Last edited by rezznor; 06-18-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Blazed22

really? you don't think some teams play is more suited for yao to dominate then others?

anyways, your not understanding me. what i'm trying to say is yao won't have any problem telling bosh "yeah it's your team". he doesn't crave the stardom and limelight. he would gladly give it up to bosh.
    I'm sure Yao wouldn't mind telling Trevor Ariza it's his team either, but it's not.