Thread: Luc Longley?

Default Re: Luc Longley?

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    /thread
    you're still wrong though

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Because they played different roles on their respective teams. Like i saiid earlier, their skillsets are quite similar. With longley being the better defender, and gasol having better hands. And i feel gasol was better around the basket. As far as finishing plays off passes. Longley has a tendency to lay the ball up as opposed to dunk. I think he improved in his stint with the bulls though.
    Gasol would have played a much larger role than Lucy or any Bulls center did on those 6 Bulls Championship teams. Lucy would be fighting Hamaddi for the starting spot in Memphis.

Saw a basketball once

He is better than Joel Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Gasol would have played a much larger role than Lucy or any Bulls center did on those 6 Bulls Championship teams. Lucy would be fighting Hamaddi for the starting spot in Memphis.
    Gasol avg 15 ppg as a second option with the grizzlies. His and longleys per 36 min stats are almost exactly the same. But longley was the fourth option with the bulls. And was primarily relegated to being a jumpshooter.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

I could see Gasol as a 3rd option maybe even 2nd if Pippen didn't cry about it since he wasn't that great in the half court game anyway. Lucy wouldn't be a 2nd option with the Grizzlies no matter how many injuries they had.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Marc on that Bulls team would be even more scarier. The half court offense would be smoother and his ability to pass and set screens would make things easier for MJ & Pippen.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Marc on that Bulls team would be even more scarier. The half court offense would be smoother and his ability to pass and set screens would make things easier for MJ & Pippen.
    Longleys 3 championship rings, and 72, 69, and 62 win seasons say he did just fine.

Longleys 3 championship rings, and 72, 69, and 62 win seasons say he did just fine.
    Bulls would have won 70+ games 3 years in a row with Gasol instead of Longley.

Bulls would have won 70+ games 3 years in a row with Gasol instead of Longley.
    Seriously, you can't make that kind of assumption, because it would depend on so many other factors.

And when did Marc Gasol become some kind of god? Is he supposed to be the prototypical big man now?

I like Gasol's game, and I pull for the Grizz, but c'mon.

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc!

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I could see Gasol as a 3rd option maybe even 2nd if Pippen didn't cry about it since he wasn't that great in the half court game anyway. Lucy wouldn't be a 2nd option with the Grizzlies no matter how many injuries they had.
    Stop calling him Lucy, fruitcake

3-time NBA All-Star

Gasol avg 15 ppg as a second option with the grizzlies. His and longleys per 36 min stats are almost exactly the same. But longley was the fourth option with the bulls. And was primarily relegated to being a jumpshooter.
    I haven't read this whole thread. What exactly are you trying to say here?

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    You already know how 97 Bulls is... He thinks Longley = M. Gasol. Kukoc = Dirk. Pippen = Bird.

Dude is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I'm saying longley was better than what some of these people give him credit for. And that the centers he played against were far superior to the centers now.

You can't just say marc gasol is better than longley cuz gasol avg 15 ppg and longley 10. Their roles on their respective teams were different.

You already know how 97 Bulls is... He thinks Longley = M. Gasol. Kukoc = Dirk. Pippen = Bird.

Dude is delusional.
    You dont look at players the same way I do. You look at stats, I look at talent. You dont take into consideration a players role on his team, I do.

Just look at manu ginobli. Its clear hes a much better playerand than what hes been able to show during his career with the spurs. The same hold true for james harden. The same applies to kukoc.

And for the last time, when we had the conversation about pippen and bird, it was in reference to how they would fair on the court vs each other. As part of a dream matchup between the celtics and bulls. I called them a wash and backed it up. You had no rebutal. That was two years ago, get over it