Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 10-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
RobboUK
I brick open layups

RobboUK has an OK reputation so far
Default Why did we get rid of Camby?

I just wanna know how come we got rid of him and for so little, During the summer i havent been looking at the news going on with the nugs so i dont actually no the reason why hes gone if there is one.........
RobboUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why did we get rid of Camby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboUK
I just wanna know how come we got rid of him and for so little, During the summer i havent been looking at the news going on with the nugs so i dont actually no the reason why hes gone if there is one.........

Money money money
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Denver was just trying to get some salary cap relief. That has to be the only reason. That's probably why they didn't get a player in return but rather just a pick. They basically made over 10 million dollars just by trading him.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #4
RobboUK
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Denver was just trying to get some salary cap relief. That has to be the only reason. That's probably why they didn't get a player in return but rather just a pick. They basically made over 10 million dollars just by trading him.

Oh right i see sounds like they were forced to, still shame that he is gone im gonna miss that amazingly awkward looking jump shot which he usely hit.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

It's only been 2games but the loss of Camby is not as bad as I originally thought. Looks like rebounby committee and that may work. They have picked up a little more defensive intensity with their additions so things may not be as bad as everybody thought!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:06 AM   #6
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

I can't wait to hear what Stephen A Smith has to say about denver this year...
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #7
RobboUK
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
I can't wait to hear what Stephen A Smith has to say about denver this year...

didnt that dude have us winning the championship last year lol
Old 10-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #8
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboUK
didnt that dude have us winning the championship last year lol
Yeah, him and I'm pretty sure Barkley as well.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Nuggets saved 10 mill by losing his salary, and possibly another 10 mill of luxury tax money
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #10
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its not as big of a deal as people make it out to be...We gained a 10 mill TE..and Camby was overratted on defense..He was an amazing week side shot blocker...was a pretty poor man to man defender had no post game liked to take that ugly jumper from Above the free throw line that never went in he was an amazing rebounder tho..But now the he is gone we will be forced to play team defense. If we use the trade exception to get a good point guard that can hit open jumpers and is a pass first point guard and can play some d then I'm happy with it
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #11
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

I highly doubt we use the trade exempt until AI's contract is up. Kroenke & co don't want to pay luxury tax again.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #12
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
I highly doubt we use the trade exempt until AI's contract is up. Kroenke & co don't want to pay luxury tax again.

One thing I have learned about this team is anything is possible you never know what there going to do...If I had it my way I'd say blow it up and start over again keeping Melo and J.R, Kleiza and get rid of everyone else and try the lottery again and see what happens
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:22 PM   #13
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

It's hard to blow up a team when you've got nene and kmart in ridiculous contracts for years to come.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: