Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Cleaning hats after buying?

I haven't bought a hat in ages, so I don't know what one should do to clean out the inside of them after purchasing. I don't know how many people have tried it on, so I wouldn't want to catch anything.

Do any of you clean the inside of your hat when you buy it, or do you just roll with it as is?
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cleaning hats after buying?

You could use a steamer, or something like lysol. As long as you don't saturate the bill or dip and crush the crown, it shouldn't be an issue. If it has a plastic bill core, then you could even hand wash some baseball caps.

But really, you shouldn't need to clean a new hat.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i usually put mine in the dish washer on hot for a cycle before i wear it.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

The cleaners.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wash mine by hand
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

I hand wash all of mine. Mixture of laundry soap and water (about 25% soap) and a tooth brush. Try to keep what you can as dry as possible and be gentle with the molds in the crown.

I don't bother cleaning new hats, personally. I only buy fitteds and my size isn't that common, so there's a relatively small chance they've even been tried on at all.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: