Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default Can the Rockets beat the Lakers?

Who is with me?

Do I think it's 100%? No. But I really think people are overlooking this matchup, and some of the weaknesses the Lakers have. With Bynum not 100%, the bench advantage with Odom is gone. The injuries to the bench including Farmar not being injured, but ineffective really hurts their depth. The Rockets have not one, but two physical, effective defenders to throw at Kobe.. And the rocket have absolutely no pressure at all, while the Lakers need to not only get to the finals but win it to be succesful.

I think the Rockets pull a huge upset and take this in six.

Again, who is with me?

Note: There is not a thread for the series. So i wrote this in a separate place - I would have put it in the thread if there was one.

Default Re: The Rockets will beat the Lakers...

Lakers have a history of owning the Rockets. Lakers in 4 or 5.

Magic Johnson

The Rockets are very good defensively, but this Laker team is on a different level offensively. If the Rockets hold the Lakers to 90 they're still going to struggle because they can't score, especially in the 4th quarter.

It's possible. But that 4-0 record in the regular season says otherwise. It will be tightly contested for sure though.

Gasol has a great advantage at the 4 spot and I think that's what the Lakers will be taking advantage of.

I also see the Lakers running the Rockets to get Yao tired, same with the Kobe-Gasol pick and roll.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Lakers in 7.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

I agree that the Rockets are under rated.
    I agree that their front line is equal to that of the Lakers.
    I agree that their bench is better than the Lakers.

Lakers have Kobe.

Lakers in 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    The Rockets are very good defensively, but this Laker team is on a different level offensively. If the Rockets hold the Lakers to 90 they're still going to struggle because they can't score, especially in the 4th quarter.
    As much as I hate the ****ing Lakers...I think your right. The Rockets will play good defense but Von Wafer,Brooks,Scola,Battier.....these guys are going to have to elevate their game a bit. Then again, Portland slaughtered LA and Houston gave it to them so....

Also, Yao's 16/10 numbers aren't going to cut it in this series against Bynum and Pau. Artest should play well and hopefully lock down Kobe....overall it will be a good series...hopefully the Rockets can pull the upset.

Rockets in 3 obv.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    As much as I hate the ****ing Lakers...I think your right. The Rockets will play good defense but Von Wafer,Brooks,Scola,Battier.....these guys are going to have to elevate their game a bit. Then again, Portland slaughtered LA and Houston gave it to them so....

Also, Yao's 16/10 numbers aren't going to cut it in this series against Bynum and Pau. Artest should play well and hopefully lock down Kobe....overall it will be a good series...hopefully the Rockets can pull the upset.
    ?????

People act like the Lakers got their asses handed to them when in reality the season series was 2-2. Who cares if the Lakers can't win at the Rose Garden in the regular season. They've get a pretty good record in the playoffs.

Lakers in 3

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Then again, Portland slaughtered LA and Houston gave it to them so.

Lakers were +9 in point differential against Portland in 4 games this year.

Maybe just a little bit of hyperbole by you there.

Lakers in 5, rockets have nobody who can take you off the dribble consistantly and have no size up front this should be a quick series.

Magic Johnson

Wow, wouldn't it be cool if the Rockets decided to use T-Mac's expiring contract this summer to make their team deeper? They're already one of the deepest teams in the league.... can you imagine turning McGrady into Nate Robinson + Eddy Curry + Somebody else

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Lakers in 5, rockets have nobody who can take you off the dribble consistantly and have no size up front this should be a quick series.
    ???
    Yao 7'4"
    Scola 6' 10"

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    ?????

People act like the Lakers got their asses handed to them when in reality the season series was 2-2. Who cares if the Lakers can't win at the Rose Garden in the regular season. They've get a pretty good record in the playoffs.
    Okay, maybe slaughtered was a bit harsh. But Portland giving them problems is not. They split the season and seemed to match up well with them. And...you may or may not care that they couldn't win at the Rose Garden but hey, it's a fact. I'm not a fan of either really just stating the obvious. That being said, I think it will be a good series. Houston in 7.....mayyyybbbee 6(6 only if everything I said happens).