Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

Default Re: Trade: Rafer Alston to Magic, Kyle Lowry to Rockets, more

Good move for Orlando, Rafer can run, hit the three and is a decent point guard. He'll do fine until Nelson returns then he can be very helpful coming off the bench in the playoffs.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by diegot143
    All the ROcken fan Rafer haters in here are idiots, just idiots. Rafer might look like a goof sometimes, but under that goof appearance and the cocky way he plays, is a true competitor that will jam it down your throat if he has to to win. IMO this is a move to get someone that penetrates and kicks out too shooters, and it was done bc of Mcgradies dumb ass. The best player in this trade is now in orlando
    *** off idiot. everything is mcgradys fault isnt it. the war in iraq is mcgradys fault. the fiscal meltdown is tacs fault. everything is tmacs fault. dumbass.

Saw a basketball once

I hope this trade works out for the Rockets

High School Starter LutherHeadJob's Avatar

I Like Lowly, he is a good defender and drives, you don't need to be a good 3 point shooter to play with Yao.

Same with Parker and Ducan in the old days, When timmy passes, Manu shoots 3s, Bowen shoots 3s, Parker steps in and shoots 2/penetrates.

Common-sense Cavs Fan

I'm an a hue Oregon Ducks fan, so i followed Brooks during that epic March Madness run, to where they were the only team to actually give Florida fits, as they played them to the last minute. If Oregon wasn't getting a couple of those BS fouls called on them, they may have been able to pull off a huge upset. But Oregon was just under sized. Brooks was the biggest catalyst to Oregon's season and why they excelled the way they did, but Hairston, Taylor, Leunen, and a freshman Porter were all instrumental in their run. Brooks played out of his mind nearly every game he stepped onto the court. He was explosive, could handle the rock, could penetrate, and hit from anywhere on the court.

Onto the topic, I haven't been able to watch Brooks in the NBA, so I don't know how he has adjusted, but from the sounds of a few Rockets Fans he's adjusting well, and especially since Houston is ready to hand him the keys to the PG starting position.

I think Brooks has the confidence to run an NBA team, so here is to hoping that he excells in the NBA and helps Houston out of the 1st round.

Solid trade all around, why should Memphis hold onto Lowry since they haven't done anything with him since they drafted him, let's not overrate him and claim he's worth a stud or a lottery pick. I thought he was drafted in the latter half of the 1st anyways, so why should he be considered any higher now?

Magic got a better PG than Tyrone Lue, and Houston hopefully gets better by subtraction and allowing Brooks to take over the team.

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Gladly?
    When we got in a shooting slump he and Redick would go out there and knock down a few three's to get things back.

Quote Originally Posted by diegot143
    All the ROcken fan Rafer haters in here are idiots, just idiots. Rafer might look like a goof sometimes, but under that goof appearance and the cocky way he plays, is a true competitor that will jam it down your throat if he has to to win. IMO this is a move to get someone that penetrates and kicks out too shooters, and it was done bc of Mcgradies dumb ass. The best player in this trade is now in orlando
    Heh, so we are haters for being happy about this move?

Right. You must be Rafer, aren't you?

RP 4 lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    Heh, so we are haters for being happy about this move?

Right. You must be Rafer, aren't you?
    I just forgot...

Some where out there, Rafer is reading this thread.

I usually hit open layups gutshot's Avatar

Never seen any Magic fan who hates this trade lol - it's a steal!

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot
    Never seen any Magic fan who hates this trade lol - it's a steal!
    Magic fans should be happy. Although I was never the biggest Alston fan, he got the job done. He was tough, he is not very mistake prone, and he can show up in the clutch.

The problem that you all will eventually see (and get frustrated by) is his inconsistency. Thankfully, this is just a short term solution for you all since Jameer is your starting pg when he comes back. For Rockets fans, he was our long term solution which tended to piss many of us off.

The one thing you will like about Alston (and I will miss) is his ability to run the offense the way it is suppose to be ran.

South Africa 2010

Now why did Houston do this trade? It doesnt help the Rockets at all. Brooks is a sophmore and I dont think he's ready to "officially" be the starting PG. Bad move for Houston.

Mathius.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Having Aaron Brooks run this team would be aweful in my opinion. Guy is a solid bench player. He reminds me of Troy Hudson.

Nice move for Orlando..

Skip to my LOU...

Bad deal for The rockets.

Brian cook??? WOW...lol

but lowry is pretty good

With the way Conley is play it's a good move by Memphis. They have an extra 1st round pick now. Rockets get Lowry who wasn't playing that good under the new coach and they also get TRASH in Brian Cook. The Magic have Rafer running the team now which is a huge upgrade from Anthony Johnson/Ty Lue

Lowry has made more free throws than Alston has attempted

in 500 less minutes!