Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 04-21-2010, 04:37 AM   #586
RazorBaLade
Banned

Default Re: Round 1, Game 2, April 20: Thunder at Lakers

This game would have been a 10 pt or so semi blowout if the refs weren't blind. Around 9 of the 17 OKC blocks were blatant fouls, ridiculous.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:37 AM   #587
Gundress
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotdt
This is true. I remember what happened to Cleveland last season and the Lakers two seasons ago when they slaughtered weak opposition and then had a hard time adjusting when they finally met a really strong team.

OKC is so much stronger than Chicago defensively, there's no comparison. This is a really tough team. Durant and Westbrook are monsters, but the rest of the team is very strong defensively.

Exactly. Remember when Spurs vs Cavs had the worst rating in history? It's not because of Spurs are boring team....it because everybody knew that Cavs had more chance to beat Spurs and knew Spurs would won a ring it's swept 4-0. And Magic lost to Lakers last playoff.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cavs or any East team would lost West team in final championship games.

I actually more impressed Thunder than any East teams so far.

In 1st round series the best series so far.....to me are.....Thunder vs Lakers and Spurs vs Mavericks, Jazz vs Nuggets, Blazers (without Brandon Roy) vs Suns series so far. Not the East series
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:40 AM   #588
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander
Listen cavs fan, you dont know what it takes to win a title, let alone beat Orlando in a series. This Lakers team is fine, especially if we get Utah in the next round, which seems likely

What exactly do you know about winning a title? using your twisted logic you don't either. You aren't the one playing, nor am I. Does that mean it isn't damn obvious to tell that Lakers need to improve to win it all? pointing out the Lakers need alot more production out of Odom, Artest and Bynum is suddenly wrong? Lakers simply won't win without their production. There is only so much Kobe and Gasol can do.

Bringing up the Cavs losing to the Magic last year is pretty damn pointless. We are in 2010. Cavs chances of beating Orlando is alot higher than it was last year. Just like bringing up when L.A did last year is pointless...just because teams do well the year before doesn't mean shit this season.
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:41 AM   #589
cotdt
Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan

Pics from the game:

cotdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:43 AM   #590
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
Pics from the game:

That is real impressive, props to L.A for doing that.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:55 AM   #591
LakersFan626
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
Did I say the Thunder were bad? they are a good team but 3rd seed? ...they would be what the Heat are at. The 5th seed most likely.

I think the Thunder are better than the Hawks (swept them this season, won 50 games in a MUCH tougher conference, and have the best player between the two teams) and maybe even the Celtics. They'd be around the 3rd or 4th seed in the east. I was expecting games like this in this series because the Lakers didn't close out the season very well and have been in a major offensive slump since Bynum got injured last month.
LakersFan626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:58 AM   #592
Derek Zoolander
Banned

Quote:
What exactly do you know about winning a title? using your twisted logic you don't either. You aren't the one playing, nor am I. Does that mean it isn't damn obvious to tell that Lakers need to improve to win it all? pointing out the Lakers need alot more production out of Odom, Artest and Bynum is suddenly wrong? Lakers simply won't win without their production. There is only so much Kobe and Gasol can do.

Bringing up the Cavs losing to the Magic last year is pretty damn pointless. We are in 2010. Cavs chances of beating Orlando is alot higher than it was last year. Just like bringing up when L.A did last year is pointless...just because teams do well the year before doesn't mean shit this season.
I have watched title winning LA teams my entire life while you have watched basement dwelling Cav teams your entire life whos only finals experience is a 4-0 sweep.

I know more about what championship level basketball looks like than you do. Lakers will get their shit together when we need to-we always do.

Cavs will continue to beat up on bad eastern opposition and then fold to the first legit team they come up against-like they always do.
Derek Zoolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:07 AM   #593
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
I have watched title winning LA teams my entire life while you have watched basement dwelling Cav teams your entire life whos only finals experience is a 4-0 sweep.

I know more about what championship level basketball looks like than you do. Lakers will get their shit together when we need to-we always do.

Cavs will continue to beat up on bad eastern opposition and then fold to the first legit team they come up against-like they always do.

So because you support a team that has won the title plenty of times that makes you better than everybody else? because yeah people who's teams don't win title don't actually watch basketball after they lose do they....their view on the game is pointless because their team isn't the one winning it all

You are one of the biggest reasons why Laker fans get so a bad rep.

Your logic about ther Cavs is freaking idiotic but really considering the crap you post it isn't a surprise. Considering this is the first real season where the Cavs have had a strong enough team to be considered against the top legit teams your logic is twisted. If anything the Cavs have overacheived over the years. But of course I wouldn't expect somebody as clueless as you to understand that.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:26 AM   #594
Derek Zoolander
Banned

Quote:
So because you support a team that has won the title plenty of times that makes you better than everybody else?

Yes, especially arrogant cavs fans who act like the titles is there's this year and acted like the title was theirs last year. But if I want to know what it's like to be a regular season champion, I will ask you.

Quote:

You are one of the biggest reasons why Laker fans get so a bad rep.

Your logic about ther Cavs is freaking idiotic but really considering the crap you post it isn't a surprise. Considering this is the first real season where the Cavs have had a strong enough team to be considered against the top legit teams

that's what everyone said last year before the cavs folded to the magic. They will again say Lebron has a weak supporting cast when he gets knocked out of the playoffs again.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:33 AM   #595
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
Yes, especially arrogant cavs fans who act like the titles is there's this year and acted like the title was theirs last year. But if I want to know what it's like to be a regular season champion, I will ask you.

Like who exactly? most Cavs fans are no different to what Laker fans or Magic fans are saying. Most Cavs fans expect this team to win it all doesn't mean any of us think it's a lock or we can't be beat. Both Magic and Lakers have a great shot at winning it all too. Just because plenty of media guys are picking the Cavs to win it all doesn't mean all Cavs fans are saying it is a done deal. Saying arrogant Cavs fans are saying we will win it all is no different to what arrogant fans of LA are continuing to do.

Quote:
that's what everyone said last year before the cavs folded to the magic. They will again say Lebron has a weak supporting cast when he gets knocked out of the playoffs again.

Not everybody no, the Cavs had clear match-up issues with Orlando which was clear when what we saw in the regular season. We as Cavs fans didn't want to admit they were going to beat us we were confident and hoped just any bunch of fans do when you have one of the best records.

Cavs didn't fold against Orlando, Magic were simply better and had more match-ups to take advantage of. Cavs are a far better team this year than last year.

Will Cavs win the title? I think so but that doesn't mean I don't see L.A or Orlando winning it. As they both have a high chance too.

Make no mistake there are no excuses, this year the Cavs do have the team to win it all. Last year we simply didn't.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:37 AM   #596
Derek Zoolander
Banned

Quote:
Like who exactly? most Cavs fans are no different to what Laker fans or Magic fans are saying. Most Cavs fans expect this team to win it all doesn't mean any of us think it's a lock or we can't be beat. Both Magic and Lakers have a great shot at winning it all too. Just because plenty of media guys are picking the Cavs to win it all doesn't mean all Cavs fans are saying it is a done deal. Saying arrogant Cavs fans are saying we will win it all is no different to what arrogant fans of LA are continuing to do.

Not everybody no, the Cavs had clear match-up issues with Orlando which was clear when what we saw in the regular season. We as Cavs fans didn't want to admit they were going to beat us we were confident and hoped just any bunch of fans do when you have one of the best records.

Cavs didn't fold against Orlando, Magic were simply better and had more match-ups to take advantage of. Cavs are a far better team this year than last year.

Will Cavs win the title? I think so but that doesn't mean I don't see L.A or Orlando winning it. As they both have a high chance too.

Make no mistake there are no excuses, this year the Cavs do have the team to win it all. Last year we simply didn't.
Cavs folded to the magic. They aren't winning the title.

And also Lakers fans are arrogant for a reason. 14 titles sucka. Defending champs. #1 seed in the best conference in the NBA.

When Cavs win 14 titles, or even 1, get back to me.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:41 AM   #597
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
Cavs folded to the magic. They aren't winning the title.

And also Lakers fans are arrogant for a reason. 14 titles sucka. Defending champs. #1 seed in the best conference in the NBA.

When Cavs win 14 titles, or even 1, get back to me.

Wow with analysis like that how can anybody disagree?

Funny how you go on about Cavs fans being arrogant yet you go and make claims that Cavs won't win the title and bring up how many championships the Lakers have won? please

Guess we will see in June if the Cavs win the title or not.

What has what L.A has done in the past got to do with this season? nothing is the answer. Lakers are a different team to what we saw last year. I think that is clear watching them and they have ways to go to get back to what they did last season.

Boston have more titles than L.A so using your logic they should be the most feared. Afterall they have 17 titles.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:08 AM   #598
cotdt
Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan

Orlando ran over Cleveland last year without Jameer Nelson. With a hot Jameer Nelson, it will be very difficult for the Cavs. Orlando holds the best post-All Star break record in the league.
cotdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 AM   #599
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
Orlando ran over Cleveland last year without Jameer Nelson. With a hot Jameer Nelson, it will be very difficult for the Cavs. Orlando holds the best post-All Star break record in the league.

Cavs had Ben Wallace, Sasha, Wally playing meaningful minutes that series. Cavs will have Jamison, Shaq, Parker and even role players like Moon who can play some minutes. Comparing last years Cavs team to this years is foolish. Obiviously Nelson will give them good numbers but I don't think he is as good as Nelson pre-injury.

Fact is you can't bring up last years series as both teams are different.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #600
icewill36
Local High School Star

Quote:
We're going to lose Game 3. It's OK though, as long as Kobe is playing well we'll win the championship.

the lakers will not win if ron artest continues to play this poorly...
icewill36 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: