Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Be Honest OKC Fans, You Miss Harden

I hope OKC trades Goatbrook. Preferably to a team that I don't hate.

Although not sure, why non OKC fans are so critical of him. All of a sudden silk is looking out for Durant's best interests??? good one. The fact is, he still fears Durant. OKC is slumping, and maybe it has a little to do with Westbrook coming back, but something tells me they will be ok in the long run.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    how many ***** does your mom suck at a time?
    reported

one of the worst trades of all time. will definitely hurt them in the long run, if it hasn't already.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    one of the worst trades of all time. will definitely hurt them in the long run, if it hasn't already.
    I think it shut their chance on a title imo.

The dangerous thing about Harden is he can go off at any moment. He's such a threat offensively. Anybody who says they prefer Jeremy Lamb and Steven Adams is crazy.

Made that high school varsity squad

If OKC never win a title, still definitely an if, this is going to be looked at as one of the worst trades ever. For real.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    One of the worst trades of all time. Bill Simmons still bashes them for it every chance he gets.
    Such an ignorant statement. It boggles the mind.

Thunder in 2012 with Harden;

2nd best offense
    11th best defense

2013;

Best offense
    4th best defense

2014;

6th best offense
    4th best defense

It's hilarious how a narrative just takes off even though it doesn't add up. It's like a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns. It's impossible to have Harden, WB, and Durant playing anywhere near their optimal levels when on the court at the same time...not to mention Harden is a truly awful defender and isn't great without the ball in his hands...and when it's in his hands...it's not in Duran'ts or WB's hands...

Seriously...that trade has allowed Ibaka, Durant, and WB to all play closer to their optimal levels...while getting younger and addressing needs with Adams and Lamb. Not to mention it has allowed Reggie Jackson to speed up is evolution...

it was a great move actually...and the only thing that ****ed it up to date has been a total fluke injury to WB last year.

the big mistake that Presti has made to date was to not make a move at the trade deadline this year...but of course nobody will talk about that...because most people are too stupid comprehend anything beyond the most simple things

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

As I type this I'm watching Darren Collison absolutely rape Harden in crunch time...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    This.

Although OKC is soo amazingly stacked they have managed fine without him.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

2nd best offense
    11th best defense

2013;

Best offense
    4th best defense

2014;

6th best offense
    4th best defense

It's hilarious how a narrative just takes off even though it doesn't add up. It's like a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns. It's impossible to have Harden, WB, and Durant playing anywhere near their optimal levels when on the court at the same time...not to mention Harden is a truly awful defender and isn't great without the ball in his hands...and when it's in his hands...it's not in Duran'ts or WB's hands...

Seriously...that trade has allowed Ibaka, Durant, and WB to all play closer to their optimal levels...while getting younger and addressing needs with Adams and Lamb. Not to mention it has allowed Reggie Jackson to speed up is evolution...

it was a great move actually...and the only thing that ****ed it up to date has been a total fluke injury to WB last year.

the big mistake that Presti has made to date was to not make a move at the trade deadline this year...but of course nobody will talk about that...because most people are too stupid comprehend anything beyond the most simple things

REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP

Even Rockets fans hate him. They'll never admit it though.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    One of the worst trades of all time. Bill Simmons still bashes them for it every chance he gets.
    Hate to agree with this Lebron dickrider, but yeah. OKC would fvcking dominate if they still had Harden.

On the verge of winning and you essentially throw away one of your best players. OKC had their won Big 3. You don't break up a Big 3.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

I think OKC would be better off with Ibaka over Harden just because their defense would suffer greatly without him and with Harden on their team. Westbrook and Harden is debatable though, noone forsaw his knee surgeries though.

OKC should have bit the bullet and kept Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka/Harden together. Pay the extra tax, it would have come back to them in championship revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

2nd best offense
    11th best defense

2013;

Best offense
    4th best defense

2014;

6th best offense
    4th best defense

I gotta say — I love Thunder fans. And they spend money on their team — according to Forbes, Oklahoma City has the league’s most expensive ticket right now — which makes it even sadder when OKC cheaps out and its loyal fans just accept it. That they continue to defend the indefensible Harden trade and email me every time Jeremy Lamb or Steven Adams looks good while overlooking things like “We could have just waited a year and traded Harden last summer” or “We cheaped out at the 2014 trade deadline as always and three days later we had 39-year-old Derek Fisher trying to defend a red-hot Jamal Crawford in crunch time on national TV” makes them genuinely endearing. At least for me. I hope my kids will always love me as unconditionally as much as Thunder fans love the Thunder.

Here’s a fun game: “How One-Sided Would the Trade Have to Be for a Thunder Fan to Turn on Their Team?”

For instance, let’s say they lost the 2014 Finals and traded Durant to Phoenix for the Morris twins, Channing Frye and three first-round picks, then told their fans, “This will make us better and deeper long-term” … would the Thunder fans get mad?

What if you removed all three first-round picks and it was just Durant for the Morris twins and Frye, along with $3 million cash and 40 second-round picks through 2055? Would that push them over the edge and piss them off?

What about just Durant straight up for Channing Frye? They’d definitely get mad at that, right? I’d love to know where the line is. Because it’s clearly not “We broke up a possible dynasty and replaced the best 2-guard in basketball with a backup shooting guard, an energy guy off the bench, a non-lottery pick and one year of Kevin Martin.”

Credit: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nba-bag-volume-1/