Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: What would YOU average on an NBA team?

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Yup. With their height, length and athleticism, people don't know just how much ground these guys can cover in a split second. Just getting passes off would be extremely hard. Getting your shot off would be hard. Rebounds? Lol. It's easy to succeed when you play other guys around 5'6" to 5'10". Quite another against NBA players.
    Yeah, it's just not even fair. I've played with prospects before and semi-professional players in rec centers and outdoors and their length, agility and ability to cover distances is just crazy. You'll think you're wide open but they've already covered all the ground and you're looking at your shot coming back right at you. And passing is a nightmare mostly because of their instincts and length. You're not doing anything if you're not a player with some extensive experience of some level. You can't just be a casual player and delude yourself into thinking anything will happen.

I would just kick the shit out of everyone and get sent home

If some coach was insane enough to play me (or I was on the Knicks), I'd get scored on every single time, bodied constantly, turn it over if I touched the ball at all, get blocked if I shot (I wouldn't most likely attempt to shoot), and collapse from exhaustion a few minutes in.

In short, I'd still be better than VSpan

Great thing about this game is if you work on your game, you get better and see tangible results on the court. But you never perfect the game. Ask MJ or Kobe if they have completely mastered the game and they will say hell no. You always learn little things here and there and what to do in specific situations. The more aspects of your game you master, the better you get. I always say basketball is art and the court is the canvas. Love this game with a passion and will play it until I can't walk. My avatar saids it all. It's all about the game.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook0
    I think I've seen this topic on here before, but it always gives me a great laugh because of all the people that think they are even close to being able to produce on an NBA level.

It's pretty easy to sit on your computer on an NBA message board and talk about how you could've made the league or could've been a great college player if you would have just stuck with it, and how you could probably hang on an NBA roster and are as good as players like Steve Novak and Spencer Dinwiddie.

Anyway, I love this topic because it always cheers me up to see how delusional people are.

So the bottom line: What would YOU average if you were thrown onto an NBA roster and given 40 minutes of playing time per night?

Me:

40 mpg
    1.7 ppg
    1.2 rpg
    0.6 apg
    0.2 spg
    0.1 bpg
    7.8 TO/game
    23% FG
    14% 3PT
    Is this thread a joke? You think you could make 1 in 4 shots in NBA game against NBA defenses?

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Great thing about this game is if you work on your game, you get better and see tangible results on the court. But you never perfect the game. Ask MJ or Kobe if they have completely mastered the game and they will say hell no. You always learn little things here and there and what to do in specific situations. The more aspects of your game you master, the better you get. I always say basketball is art and the court is the canvas. Love this game with a passion and will play it until I can't walk. My avatar saids it all. It's all about the game.
    great point

maybe an open layup on a fast break?? Maybe i'd get fouled on a shot attempt every few games? and i'd hit some completely WIDE open three's? lol. My only chance of getting a rebound would to have an extremely lucky bounce that goes straight to me. I'd say assists aren't as hard , however they wouldn't be real assists , they would be me passing to the open player and him taking 5 dribbles and putting up a shot for example. My defense would be shit. I'd hustle but hustling can only take you so far I'd still be shit.

National High School Star

I'm pretty good - and this is being realistic because I have to take into account my physical fitness as well.

First off, the team would either HAVE to play a 3-2 (with me at the top and hopefully Anthony Davis as one of the 2 in the back/behind me) zone or just send doubles on whoever I'm guarding on the other end.

I could likely play 15 minutes per game before my body would just give out running at the speeds they play.

Realistically, I think I'd just get injured within the first 10 games because my confidence is way way way higher than my physical limitations.

Let's discount all that and say I train for 6 months and have the physical capacity to be out there 35 minutes per game and can guarantee no major injury.

I'd say, I'm a 7/10 good shooter and a 9/10 level ball handler when comparing myself to the NBA. Likely, only pgs and sgs can handle the ball better than me. There is not a play that Curry has made last season dribbling wise that I can't do/haven't done in a somewhat similar way in a game. That said, my competition has never been close to his so all this means is that I can dribble without getting it stolen every time at the NBA level.

-3 ppg on 1/6 from the three (if I shot and didn't care about the team winning/and was a Bron stat whore)
    -1.8 apg on fast breaks mostly or on a dribble and dish on a close out if someone goes for the block.
    -.6 rpg when a rebound randomly flies my way
    -.1 spg when a steal randomly comes my way
    -0.0 bpg cuz I know I'll never get one
    -2.8 to's per game when I make passes that would get to their recipient at every other level but get stolen by the super athletes in the league.

37 mpg, 3 ppg, 1.8 apg, .6 rpg, .1 spg, 0 bpg, 2.8 to's on 17% shooting from trey.

I've played a decent amount against D1 ballers and a few people that made it to the NBA/have NBA level athleticism so I know that I can camp out in the corner and do nothing but take that shot when given the rare chance. I can hit from well beyond the NBA three point line once I'm warmed up so if I were to play selfish and take shots whenever I wanted I would score.

One of my pet peeves is when i see NBA players with extreme talent not take the game seriously. Guys like Wes Johnson, Beasley, Derrick Williams, Javeel, etc. These guys were blessed with the perfect size and athleticism to be great but they don't maximize their talents. What I would have given to have their body and athleticism. I wouldn't have left no stone unturned.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    I'm pretty good - and this is being realistic because I have to take into account my physical fitness as well.

First off, the team would either HAVE to play a 3-2 (with me at the top and hopefully Anthony Davis as one of the 2 in the back/behind me) zone or just send doubles on whoever I'm guarding on the other end.

I could likely play 15 minutes per game before my body would just give out running at the speeds they play.

Realistically, I think I'd just get injured within the first 10 games because my confidence is way way way higher than my physical limitations.

Let's discount all that and say I train for 6 months and have the physical capacity to be out there 35 minutes per game and can guarantee no major injury.

I'd say, I'm a 7/10 good shooter and a 9/10 level ball handler when comparing myself to the NBA. Likely, only pgs and sgs can handle the ball better than me. There is not a play that Curry has made last season dribbling wise that I can't do/haven't done in a somewhat similar way in a game. That said, my competition has never been close to his so all this means is that I can dribble without getting it stolen every time at the NBA level.

-3 ppg on 1/6 from the three (if I shot and didn't care about the team winning/and was a Bron stat whore)
    -1.8 apg on fast breaks mostly or on a dribble and dish on a close out if someone goes for the block.
    -.6 rpg when a rebound randomly flies my way
    -.1 spg when a steal randomly comes my way
    -0.0 bpg cuz I know I'll never get one
    -2.8 to's per game when I make passes that would get to their recipient at every other level but get stolen by the super athletes in the league.

37 mpg, 3 ppg, 1.8 apg, .6 rpg, .1 spg, 0 bpg, 2.8 to's on 17% shooting from trey.

I've played a decent amount against D1 ballers and a few people that made it to the NBA/have NBA level athleticism so I know that I can camp out in the corner and do nothing but take that shot when given the rare chance. I can hit from well beyond the NBA three point line once I'm warmed up so if I were to play selfish and take shots whenever I wanted I would score.
    How tall are you and what is the highest level of ball you played?

I'm actually 6'7 210lbs. I don't think I'd have any trouble. Pretty much the only reason I'm not in the NBA right now is because I'm 17 years old,

Made that high school varsity squad Westbrook0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Played D1 college ball a few years ago. Almost positive that my energy and heart alone can land me an NBA gig. Decide to go a different route and expand my craft in other fields.

With that said, I won't get way too ahead of myself, but I think i'd average around 11PPG, mainly from 3's and such.

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    8 turnovers a game?

hopefully your team would be smart enough not to EVER give your fatass the ball.

I'd average something like 10 ppg, 5rbg, 5apg on 37% shooting.

capable ball handler, smart, game manager. i could see myself being a good playmaker at the nba level.

These are the types of posts I was looking forward to - thank you so much!

Made that high school varsity squad Westbrook0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    Is this thread a joke? You think you could make 1 in 4 shots in NBA game against NBA defenses?

You're actually right. That was probably way too high.

I just imagined, since I would be useless on defense, cherry picking every single possession. I guess i pictured that sometimes I could catch an outlet pass and make a wide open layup, but a defender from another team would likely be ready to overtake me and block me quickly.

0.0 pts, 0.0 rebs, 0.0 assists, 0.000000000001 steals, 0.0 blocks.

I might get one steal on a lazy play. Otherwise im useless.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Funny question

I don't think anyone on this forum would last 40 mpg for an 82 game season or even 40 minutes in one game

Teams in the NBA get up and down the court so quickly we would be gassed after one quarter

But playing with the idea, put me on a team where I can stand in the corner and just shoot 3s on offense, I'll probably hit about 25% wide open (in-game). I can shoot pretty well when I'm just shooting around, but I know in-game is much different.

17 mpg
    4 ppg / 1.5 rpg / 0.3 apg / 0.2 spg