Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #16
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who do you hope to end up with in the draft?

would u trade your 3rd pick and al jerrerson to miami 2nd pick, mark blout, and dorell wright
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #17
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil baller
would u trade your 3rd pick and al jerrerson to miami 2nd pick, mark blout, and dorell wright

HHHEEEECCCCKKKKK NO!
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #18
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

yyyyyy??????????
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #19
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

I think the Wolves should pick Majo. I originally thought Brooke Lopez, but reading someone's mock draft (I forgot who) they made a good point for Mayo.

Yes, Lopez is a complementary big for Al Jefferson, your one and only beast, but the most successful teams have exciting, go-to, star players both on the wings and in the front court. Not saying you're the Spurs, or the old Lakers (or that Al is Shaq or Duncan) but the two most successful teams since Jordan had a God up front, then trash next to him, so that complementary piece isn't as important as people seem to think.

I think that adding Mayo, another player capable of being a go-to scorer in the NBA, would take more pressure off Al than adding a decent big man. Not to mention that in a close game, if a post player is your go-to player, you're usually screwed. Manu for the Spurs, Billups for the Pistons (though many consider Sheed their best threat), Pierce for the Celtics, Wade for the Heat (when Shaq was good), etc.

The go-to player needs to be able to create their own shots, and that's something Al can't do, and by creating his own shot, Mayo creates more opportunity for everyone else and opens things up for Al and the shooters.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #20
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil baller
yyyyyy??????????

Jefferson is a proven big man, and he's not worth giving up just to move 1 spot. Throw us back a little bit more talent and we'll see, but only 1 spot? I don't think so.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:41 AM   #21
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

.....K.....L...O..V...E...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #22
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
.....K.....L...O..V...E...

Im sorry I am just not sold on kevin love. He looks like a bust waiting to happen.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:56 PM   #23
Blackeagle
I hit open layups

Blackeagle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
If you guys could get chris kaman for free. Would you do it right now. Cause thats what brook lopez will most likely turn into. Which is a good solid double double center for many years. Mayo will probably be a ben godon or monta ellis type. So its really just prefrence. But every team in th playoffs still. Has a solid big man to play around. So I think lopez should be the pick.

brook lopez will be no where near the rebounder kaman is, and will be worse defensively too. He'll have a better jumpshot, but that's about it.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #24
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeagle
brook lopez will be no where near the rebounder kaman is, and will be worse defensively too. He'll have a better jumpshot, but that's about it.

Not specific skill wise. But in terms of talent level. They both bring someting to the table.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #25
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
I think the Wolves should pick Majo. I originally thought Brooke Lopez, but reading someone's mock draft (I forgot who) they made a good point for Mayo.

Yes, Lopez is a complementary big for Al Jefferson, your one and only beast, but the most successful teams have exciting, go-to, star players both on the wings and in the front court. Not saying you're the Spurs, or the old Lakers (or that Al is Shaq or Duncan) but the two most successful teams since Jordan had a God up front, then trash next to him, so that complementary piece isn't as important as people seem to think.

I think that adding Mayo, another player capable of being a go-to scorer in the NBA, would take more pressure off Al than adding a decent big man. Not to mention that in a close game, if a post player is your go-to player, you're usually screwed. Manu for the Spurs, Billups for the Pistons (though many consider Sheed their best threat), Pierce for the Celtics, Wade for the Heat (when Shaq was good), etc.

The go-to player needs to be able to create their own shots, and that's something Al can't do, and by creating his own shot, Mayo creates more opportunity for everyone else and opens things up for Al and the shooters.
Al Jefferson can't create his own shot? What are you talking about? Anyway, I think we should draft Mayo and some big in the 2nd round. All we really need is a big guy who knows how to play defense. Maybe we can find something in free agency this year. Diop would be a good guy to pick up in free agency. He can play defense mainly because of his size. He would make a great starting center for us and he's only 26. He just needs a little more playing time under his belt.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:59 PM   #26
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah, Jefferson can't create his own shot. Once he has the ball in his hands on the post he can (what good post player can't?) but he needs someone to get him the ball. You need a guy that can have the ball at the top of the key and make something happen. When the Lakers won all those titles, Shaq was the star, Kobe the sidekick.. but when it came down to needing a basket, it was Kobe. I envision the same thing with Al Jefferson... he isn't the player (most post players aren't) that can be that "last shot" guy.. not enough of a skill set
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: