Default Seasoned Travelers -- Need Your Help

Normally tickets from NY to CHicago are $209 with taxes. The prices have gone done and they're down to $177 (I'm leaving on the 26th and returning 28th.)

Last weekend I was thinking about buying tix at the last second and tehy were down to $160. I know September is a slow month, but do you think price fo the Tix will drop or is it risky waiting too long and end up having to pay more for tix at the last sec?

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Seasoned Travelers -- Need Your Help

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Normally tickets from NY to CHicago are $209 with taxes. The prices have gone done and they're down to $177 (I'm leaving on the 26th and returning 28th.)

Last weekend I was thinking about buying tix at the last second and tehy were down to $160. I know September is a slow month, but do you think price fo the Tix will drop or is it risky waiting too long and end up having to pay more for tix at the last sec?
    Labor Day till Thanksgiving (US) is the cheapest time of year to travel.

They have probably bottomed out at $160 but that route is so popular (there are always tix) it might be worth waiting till the last minute.

See if you can get a travel agent to reserve you something at that price (tell her/him where you found that price online, she'll/he'll probably be able to get you the same deal). Reservations usually have a 'must be paid by' date, so reserve that price now, and keep checking for something better till then.

word

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Why don't you take a bus? It'd be cheaper.
    Dude its like 20 hours+ lol and i just checked out Greyhound, its $90 each way.

Thanks Izzo, I forgot about travel agents and thanks about the heads up about the cheap travel. I'll try to get a few more flights in before then.

5-time NBA All-Star

Hey man how are you liking Chicago so far