Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Explain to me why Melo should chose Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    From a Bulls fan to a Rockets fan, I always say Chicago is a better option just based on the Western Conference. The competition is so thick its truly a conference thriving with contending teams.

I love what Morey has done down there. I dont necessarily think Houston is a good fit for Melo, but I never rule out elite talent playing together, they usually find a way.

But you said it. Bulls need Melo, and Bulls supply Melo right back w/ what he needs. A team playing together and top 2-3 defense.
    Yup that's why I say Melo and Chicago are a perfect fit. He has the best chance to win a title there especially since the Bulls are in the East. Won't be surprised at all if I see the Bulls in the finals next year when they get Carmelo

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    This shit is even dumber than that "should the NBA play games on grass?" thread.

Three of the same exact threads on the front page asking why Melo should choose Chicago.

branstans melting down left and right.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=345059

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=345050

Umm it's very simple. Because we were a number 4 seed with just team defense alone. You throw in a Derrick Rose that is even 75% of what he used to be, along with Melo's volume scoring capabilities? And they're immediately the second best team in the conference at worst, supplanting the Pacers.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Umm it's very simple. Because we were a number 4 seed with just team defense alone. You throw in a Derrick Rose that is even 75% of what he used to be, along with Melo's volume scoring capabilities? And they're immediately the second best team in the conference at worst, supplanting the Pacers.
    But Melo wants to win rings. So all of that doesnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    But Melo wants to win rings. So all of that doesnt matter
    That team if healthy can beat ANYONE in the conference. Thus competing for championship rings. Thibs team defense wouldn't have got annihilated like Miami in these Finals. That's for sure.

Tiers would be restored to what I think most agree upon (if Melo was on the Bulls):

Tier 1

Miami (figuring if the Big 3 stuck around)

Tier 2

Chicago
    Indiana

Tier 3

Washington
    Brooklyn
    Toronto
    Atlanta
    Charlotte

Tier 4

Cleveland
    Boston

Tier 5

New York
    Orlando
    Philadelphia
    Milwaukee

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Houston is a much better situation, Howard and Harden are worth playing with.

still makes no sense to me, there are better options out there. Chicago just can't offer the right players. Rose is injury prone and Noah is not a star, good defender but not a star.

Is this honestly what you guys want him to leave millions for? The hope of playing with unreliable Rose and Noah?

I say stay with the Knicks. Take the max, don't leave shit on the table. Wait a year when there is cap space and then get yourself some good teammates. Pretty sure players will flock to the Knicks when free agency arrives.

I hit on 5-footers

Don't kid youself OP, if the Bulls get Melo you will run to ISH to create a 'Bulls: most stacked team of all-time' thread.

I smell fear in you. Mommy didn't change your diapers today?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

still makes no sense to me, there are better options out there. Chicago just can't offer the right players. Rose is injury prone and Noah is not a star, good defender but not a star.

Is this honestly what you guys want him to leave millions for? The hope of playing with unreliable Rose and Noah?

I say stay with the Knicks. Take the max, don't leave shit on the table. Wait a year when there is cap space and then get yourself some good teammates. Pretty sure players will flock to the Knicks when free agency arrives.
    Houston could be a better location from the standpoint of playing with other stars. New York can only offer more money. If Melo wants to win a ring while still in his prime staying there makes no sense.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Not sure if you watched last basketball season but they were a four seed without Rose. Adding Melo even if Rose isn't there probably gets them to the ECF. The east is so weak it's pathetic. Miami is on the decline regardless of who they sign and the Pacers are a mess with and without Lance. Washington is on the rise but adding Melo without Rose automatically puts them in the conversation for one of the best teams in the east. Please tell me what superstars the Spurs have now? None just a good team and a great coach. Similar to Detroit when they won. The Bulls are a very good team and have an excellent coach. This is the best fit for both sides for any free agent out there. It's a no brainer.

I am a Melo hater too but I can admit this would be best for him and he would do great there.

I think the fit is really good offensively too. They have good passing bigs who can help collapse the defense. Rose should command attention and is a perfect drive and kick guy for a shooter like Melo. Spacing is a bit of an issue but you have good cutter and their PFs can hit midrange jumpers. They can easily go with Melo as a small ball 4 to get another shooter on the floor.

I think Melo's life becomes a lot easier on the floor and he gets to play on a contender. The fit would be awkward in Houston. Dallas window is closed on contending for the most part and there is too much pressure to win immediately with Dirk's aging. Lakers and Knicks are 2-3 years from contending if things go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesticks
    Melo doesn't have to play defense because Jimmy Butler will guard the other teams best Wing and Noah or Gibson will guard the best big men. As a result Melo can always guard the other team's worst offensive player.
    ding ding ding

this.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

The reasons are so simple for Melo:
    Beat Lebron at least once in your career and win a championship and you are in talks for being a top 40 All time player. Beat him twice and you are a top 20 player without hesitation.

The system in Chicago is set up for this perfectly. Derrick Rose will be at least 90% of what he was, and Melo will still be the main scoring threat (In Houston no way is Harden giving that up).