Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 01-17-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far
Default Good news from Nene's preliminary biopsy results!

Quote:
Good news from Nene's preliminary biopsy results

Following Nene's testicular tumor removal, biopsy results have been encouraging, though he still awaits the results of more biopsies, which should come later this week.

"It sounds like it could have been a whole lot worse," Denver center Marcus Camby said. "We're definitely praying and hoping everything is all right with him."

After a film session Wednesday, coach George Karl sounded cautiously optimistic.

"I think there will be some good information released in the next 48 hours," said Karl, who pointed out Nene was released from the hospital Wednesday.

Nene, 25, underwent surgery on Monday in Denver and is out indefinitely.

No Kenyon.

This week, Karl told the story about Rod Higgins, a former player who injured himself at team picture day. Higgins, Karl remembered, fell off the bleacher he stood on and suffered a concussion. Such is the luck for Karl again: power forward Kenyon Martin is out because of another strange injury — a staph infection in Martin's buttocks.

Martin, who averages 9.6 points and 6.0 rebounds, did not play in the loss against the Hawks and said he won't play tonight against Utah.

"I'll go back to the doctor on Friday," said Martin, who limped out of Pepsi Center on Wednesday. "Right now, I'm just in pain."

Eduardo Najera is day to day because of a hyperextension in his right elbow. He played — and started for Martin — in Tuesday's loss at Atlanta, but "he could barely lift up his arm," Camby said.

Testing the waters.

Without Nene at power forward and Chucky Atkins (sports hernia) at point guard, the Nuggets are thin at both positions. Anthony Carter is playing a career-high 29 minutes per game at the point, with little help from the bench — though shooting guard Allen Iverson can shift to the point.

As for a possible trade by Feb. 21, Karl said: "We're trying to research what we want to do and what is available to us. I don't think you're going to see us make a quick move, a Band-Aid move, unless it satisfies some of our needs. I think our team has done a great job with the problems we've had."

Iverson donates $100,000.

Nuggets guard Allen Iverson is donating $100,000 to support the Newport News, Va., police department's "Gun Buy Back" program, U.S. Rep. Robert C. Scott announced Wednesday night.

The program offers money to residents who turn in guns to police, with no questions asked.

"I have made this contribution because I want to make a difference and I hope that others join me," Iverson said. "I can remember growing up in Newport News and Hampton, and if we can prevent one more child from being killed and another family from crying and mourning the death of another loved one, then it is more than worth it."

"This is a great gift from Allen Iverson," Scott said. "It is a significant act of philanthropy for a well-intended community-based effort. It may initiate a larger degree of participation by others."

Benjamin Hochman, The Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_7991959

Good news about Nene, I hope it continues. But I still can't believe how many terrible things have happened to the nuggets this year, thumb stuck in jersey, testicular tumors, sprained ankles, Iverson's kid falling off a chair, pulled hamstrings, staph infections, sore backs, Carter's thumb, Chucky's strained groin and hernia, suspensions, various limbs hyper extended and a ton of heartbreaking losses.

Seriously, what's going on? I know injuries affect all teams but this is just getting outrageous, It feels like were cursed!

List of Nuggets that either missed games or have been limited by injury:

Linas Kleiza F -ankle
Kenyon Martin F - knees, staph infection, hamstring, suspension, groin
Marcus Camby C - Sore Back
Carmelo Anthony* F - Sore Back& Shoulder
Eduardo Najera F - elbow, knee
Nenê F - tumor, thumb, calf & thigh
Anthony Carter G - broken hand
Steven Hunter C - knee
Chucky Atkins G - groin, hernia
Allen Iverson* G - elbow

* indicates no missed time

That leaves, JR Smith, Von Wafer and Yakhouba Diawara who haven't been affected by injury, pretty ridiculous. Maybe the training staff needs to be fired, I watched an episode of "Nuggets Fastbreak!" about them and they seemed like annoying sarcastic morons, one looks like a driving instructor while the other looks like he's the bouncer at some seedy bar. When Kenyon was being treated for a pulled hamstring he winced in pain and the trainer guy laughed at him, Kenyon didn't think it was funny.

The Nuggets don't deserve to be treated like that when they're injured, these trainers are negligent morons and really, it's the only logical conclusion you could come to considering all of these injuries, unless you just want to blame bad luck.

Last edited by Geandily : 01-17-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: Good news from Nene's preliminary biopsy results!

I sure hope he turns out okay, because he's too young for cancer. Hopefully he is able to live a long, healthy life, and hopefully (though not the first thing in mind) get back to his playing career.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:08 AM   #3
R.M
Kids at the park dunk on me

R.M has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Good news from Nene's preliminary biopsy results!

Thanks for the information, good news about Nene. I hope this translate to more wins on the court with everyone else stepping up.
R.M is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: