Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 05-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far
Default Hire a offensive coordinator or Fire Doc Rivers

I don't mean to rain on anyones parade

Im glad the Celtics won
but in watching the playoffs Im learning alot about what the Celtic's issues are.

66 wins is great but I believe fans Media and basketball analysy let Doc off the hook too soon.

First Here's why Ray Allen is struggling:

We don't Run plays for him!!!!

Watch the games and not just last game the whole playoff's Watch how the Pistons use Hamilton and how the Spurs use Ginobli.
Thats how we should be using Ray Allen!

Ray is supposed to be constantly moving on offense. Coming off screens picks, pick and Rolls baseline screens etc. Ray's defender is supposed to be exhausted trying to keep up with Ray. Its Wally Sczerbiak, how you don't capitalize off that mismatch is rediculous. And yes Ray is struggling, he's developed a hitch in his shot. But I feel he wouldn't be struggling if he was properly used. Because the spacing when gets the ball is terrible and it's like, Doc is so use to having players like Pierce and Mcgrady that he thinks Ray can create his shot on his own.....

What I noticed with the Celtics offense structually it's very amatuer.
They come down the floor and run the play and basically if you got an open shot or a mismatch you take it or pass it to the open man. If you don't believe me just watch a few games. This is sht a high school coach could do.

We Isolate Pierce and Garnett but for the most part they're just going through the motions. There's a few wrinkles for Garnett with the high pick n roll where he's taking a 20 ft jumper (although he can make it, since he's our best offensive rebounder it makes no sense to have him that far from the hoop). This work's fine for Paul Pierce, but for KG and Ray it's moronic......

It's how Rondo can have more attempts than KG
It's also completely reliant on your teams basketball I.Q's and how intelligent and composed your pt guard plays. Yesterday Pierce damn near ran the offense. And Rondo plays well at Home and struggles with his confidence on the road(see the trend!). And now that he's losing minutes to House he's losing even more confidence. And Sam his playoff decision making has been terrible.
Expect to see Pierce do more of the ball Handling and expect KG and Allen to struggle because while Pierce can carry the load.

He's a scorer who at times will try to do it all himself and take poor shots opposed to creating for Ray or feeding KG in post.

Other Beefs with Doc Rivers, up till game 6, (which the refs robbed us....)
KG has shot far too many fking Fallaways and he was never confronted to either drive past his man or use some up and undermoves in the post and abuse both Anderson Varajao and Joe Smith. Or atleast get to the free throw line.
Its great the Pierce had a good game but had Doc been able to get both KG and Allen or just one in addition to Pierce going it would have been a blow out.

Also it took entirely to long for Doc to use Eddie House....and it almost cost us the series.
Why is PJ trying to guard Lebron in the pick n roll. Everytime he had to foul to prevent an easy lay-up or dunk or Lebron noticed it was PJ and pulled up an uncontested shot.

My point is you can't make these amatuer mistakes against a veteran team like Detriot. Orlando can attest to that. Had that been Detriot, San Antonio or the Lakers we woulda lost that game 7. And had that been the Pistons, Spurs or Lakers in Game 6 they woulda won...
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Hire a offensive coordinator or Fire Doc Rivers

GET RID OF DOC RIVERS . sorry for the caps i just dont want him there.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
meanmonster
I brick open layups

meanmonster has an OK reputation so far

I wouldnt be so hard on Doc Rivers. I mean... the Celtics are playing for a NBA Championship... and DID win 66 games to get the home court adv. If the Celtics dont win the Championship it really will not be because of Doc, it will be because nobody will be able to check Kobe.
meanmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

id rather the celtics getting a offensive ast coach to work as docs right hand man, cause id hate to see doc leave
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
id rather the celtics getting a offensive ast coach to work as docs right hand man, cause id hate to see doc leave
Well what would Doc do with Tom and an offensive coach?
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #6
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Doc has done pretty good since the Pistons series. He needs to learn when to play Cassell and when to play House though. I would also like him to play Tony Allen a bit. He plays pretty solid vs. Kobe. We need to throw several different matchups at Kobe to try and throw him off his game.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: