0 0%
  • Bucks in 5

0 0%
  • Bucks in 6

6 24.00%
  • Bucks in 7

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast

Default 2018 NBA Playoffs R1: (2) Boston Celtics vs. (7) Milwaukee Bucks.

Regular-season series results: deadlocked at 2-2.

Schedule (tabulated from NBA.com):

Sidenote: it doesn't hurt to use polls to canvass predictions now that they've been reimplemented, ISH.

Default Re: 2018 NBA Playoffs R1: (2) Boston Celtics vs. (7) Milwaukee Bucks.

The Celtics would seem to be upsettable enough this year between the sidelinings of their two-best players and the return of Jabari Parker for the Bucks; indeed, a surficial on-paper analysis suggests that my Bucks outman the Celtics, but that's somewhat-moot when it's obvious which team maximizes their talent better: the Celtics.

The Bucks have just not at all taken care of their business consistently, and the Celtics have made themselves unmanageable business regardless of their roster's health. Brad Steven has been an adroit logistician on both ends; and while Joe Prunty has been a decent upgrade over the dismissed Jason Kidd, he has yet to noticeably move the needle beyond his tenure's honeymoon.

Still, the Bucks have fairly seasoned starpower in their wheelhouse, but it can't afford to underachieve if they want to win this series. If we're to win this series, it'll undoubtedly come on the coattails of a masterful performance by Giannis—already one of the most promising prospects in the league whose legacy could add a significant milestone to his legacy by spearheading his first playoffs-series win.

Will he, however?

As much as I usually dote on our Greek God, I can't consider myself overly impressed with his post-ASB level of play. I'm convinced that his injuries and season-long attrition have been hampering him, but he'll need to overcome it if the Bucks are to win this series. He can not be subpar—and probably not even just up-to-par—if his team is to win this series; he needs to be superb.

Bottom-line prediction: Celtics in 7.

It should be a great experience for my Bucks regardless of the outcome, however—especially for playoffs first-timer Jabari Parker, who is thankfully playable for his long-awaited debut.
    Last edited by Naero; 04-12-2018 at 06:49 AM.

[QUOTE=Naero]The Celtics would seem to be upsettable enough this year between the sidelinings of their two-best players and the return of Jabari Parker for the Bucks; indeed, a surficial on-paper analysis suggests that my Bucks outman the Celtics, but that's somewhat-moot when it's obvious which team maximizes their talent better: the Celtics.

The Bucks have just not at all taken care of their business consistently, and the Celtics have made themselves unmanageable business regardless of their roster's health. Brad Steven has been an adroit logistician on both ends; and while Joe Prunty has been a decent upgrade over the dismissed Jason Kidd, he has yet to noticeably move the needle beyond his tenure's honeymoon.

Still, the Bucks have fairly seasoned starpower in their wheelhouse, but it can't afford to underachieve if they want to win this series. If we're to win this series, it'll undoubtedly come on the coattails of a masterful performance by Giannis

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lambruh
    Lol

Great college starter

That post didn't seem unnecessarily complex. Seems like something you'd read from paid writers at certain sites

Test said, while Boston will compete, I think they're just too depleted to make a run here. So Milwaukee should be able to handle their business in about 6 games or so

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

It really depends on if the Bucks show up or not. I'm not expecting the Celtics to be any different to how they've played since Kyrie went down, I don't think they have the talent to "step up" from that level. The Bucks clearly have the talent, Giannis is on a lot of MVP ballots this year and is head and shoulders the best player in the series, but that hasn't translated into wins this season.

Heart says Celtics in 6; head says Bucks in 7. Feels a lot like 2009 from a Celts POV.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

The problem is the Celtics don't have a closer. Tatum will be that player one day but you just can't guess when he'll be that guy. Instead the Celtics have to rely on defense and perfect execution. Brown Tatum and Horford are about as good a group of defenders as you can throw at Antetokuonmpo but with his ability to attack the basket and then ther length and athleticism? He's still going to average 25+. A guy like him can be clutch without the shooting ability just because you can't keep him out of the paint.

I'll say Celtics in seven. They will trail in the series and then be buoyed by the return of Marcus Smart.

C's in 6/7

Too well coached. Defense too strong. Milwaukee too dysfunctional, lacking of an identity.

Bucks are horseshit.. Might win a game but i wouldnt bet on it.. Brad Stevens + 12 G-leaguers would beat this team

We'll have to see if Terry can step up in a bigger role for the playoffs. His %'s have dipped a little over the final 15 games or so. Hopefully he can get back on track.

Morris is gonna be the guy who can hopefully put up 15-20+ a night for us. Horford stepped up in last years playoffs and I expect him to do the same this year.

Giannis will be his normal self, but as I'm Still Ballin said, they seem to lack an identity overall. Brad will have his guys ready to play. Celtics in 6.

idk man...people hype Stevens and shit but they were on pace to get swept by the Bulls last season before Rondo went out....no Irving means that they will have slow nights on the offensive end, and do you trust their young guys to pull it off in crunch time?

I'm taking the Bucks in an upset, Jabari has been looking more like his old self in 5 out of the past 6 games, 35/10 in a close loss to Denver @ DEN, played well in the win over Boston. Their record has improved since the Kidd firing, and that's with them slowly working Jabari back into rotation and with Brogdon injured, who's back to playing now.

They definitely have the talent to pull it off. Bucks in 6.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 04-12-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    idk man...people hype Stevens and shit but they were on pace to get swept by the Bulls last season before Rondo went out....no Irving means that they will have slow nights on the offensive end, and do you trust their young guys to pull it off in crunch time?

I'm taking the Bucks in an upset, Jabari has been looking more like his old self in 5 out of the past 6 games, 35/10 in a close loss to Denver @ DEN, played well in the win over Boston.

They definitely have the talent to pull it off. Bucks in 6.
    The Bucks have the best 3 players out of both teams. Can it be considered an upset?

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    The Bucks have the best 3 players out of both teams. Can it be considered an upset?
    I think most people will favor Boston, just because of Stevens & HCA. This poll also has all but 3 people voting for Boston.

Goat Stevens in 4-5

If the bucks get hot especially Middleton, bucks could win. So I