Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: The International Prospect predicted to go number 4 in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    when he got the ball inside it looked like it was lights out for the other team lol
    ?

When?

Dunking on everybody in the park spree43's Avatar

Checked out that video

First impression - wheres the crowd?

then he bricked a FT, got dominated in the post, set an illegal screen,

Based on this video he really is too skinny to play PF in the NBA

And those attitude comments in the draft review make me question him

I'll have to have a better look to form a solid opinion though

Made that high school varsity squad Shaolinswords's Avatar

He kinda looks like Russell Crowe on that pic, no ?

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    ?

When?
    4:00-4:04

4:36-4:42 take it in strong and gets to the line

4:52-4:56 He slashes to the rim and finishes

5:53-5:56 Inside

1:16-1:22 great pass

6:03- 6:06 tip in

5:08-5:12 Knocks down mid range jumper

yEA YOU go search from 2-4 I'm to lazy for that

But he got to the freethrow line at will

Quote Originally Posted by spree43
    Checked out that video

First impression - wheres the crowd?

then he bricked a FT, got dominated in the post, set an illegal screen,

Based on this video he really is too skinny to play PF in the NBA

And those attitude comments in the draft review make me question him

I'll have to have a better look to form a solid opinion though
    He hits like 10 straight freethrows after that. And that was number 15 that set the screen wasn't it? He needs to bulk up i agree

Dunking on everybody in the park spree43's Avatar

Maybe number 15 set the screen, I dont know

It kind of makes me wonder who would take a risk on anoter tall, skinny Euro perimeter player after recent times

Its hard for a rookie to adjust, let alone a guy from another country who isnt physically ready to contribute

And I really cant overestimate how much I dont like those attitude comments, I'd like to know the basis for them

Wall seems legit, he is going to be good as a rookie, and eventually turn into a star

This guy seems a bit questionable, and he would need time to develop
    Last edited by spree43; 01-01-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spree43
    Maybe number 15 set the screen, I dont know

It kind of makes me wonder who would take a risk on anoter tall, skinny Euro perimeter player after recent times

Its hard for a rookie to adjust, let alone a guy from another country who isnt physically ready to contribute

And I really cant underestimate how much I dont like those attitude comments, I'd like to know the basis for them

Wall seems legit, he is going to be good as a rookie, and eventually turn into a star

This guy seems a bit questionable, and he would need time to develop
    It depends I don't know how much his time playing against team Usa will help him for his Nba play

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Ok, solid vid.

A couple of things...

*Guy is a legit 7'0 with length to match

*Has good hands. Easily finishes with either hand

*Has a pure stroke. Dude stroked a 3 like was nothing

*Seemed pretty auyomatic from the free throw line

*Certainly is a NBA threat right now in the post and off the catch and shoot

*Displayed passing skills from the post when he found the cutter baseline

*Has a dribble game off the bounce. Impressive

Now the few things I didn't really like...

*While skilled, he didnt always seem like the best player on the court. #15 was all over the court. Who is this guy?

*He has to finish stronger. Has good touch around the rim but I wanna see him punch half those layups

*Like his ability to dribble off the bounce, but where's the explosive firs step?

*Yung said he's a good man defender, but I didnt see it. In fact his help D was equally as bad

I watched on my cellphone, so I may have missed a few things. If I were a GM I'd really work this guy out multiple times against a variety of personnel. The skill is there but you have to wonder will his frame hold up at the NBA level. He's skinny as hell, but is he wire strong? Can he hold his position defending the post? These would have to answered pre-draft cause the guy is a 4 all the way. Not center (unless he bulls tremendously). Not a small forward. He's gotta be a power forward in this league.
    Last edited by PleezeBelieve; 01-01-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Ok, solid vid.

A couple of things...

*Guy is a legit 7'0 with length to match

*Has good hands. Easily finishes with either hand

*Has a pure stroke. Dude stroked a 3 like was nothing

*Seemed pretty auyomatic from the free throw line

*Certainly is a NBA threat right now in the post and off the catch and shoot

*Displayed passing skills from the post when he found the cutter baseline

*Has a dribble game off the bounce. Impressive

Now the few things I didn't really like...

*While skilled, he didnt always seem like the best player on the court. #15 was all over the court. Who is this guy?

*He has to finish stronger. Has good touch around the rim but I wanna see him punch half those layups

*Like his ability to dribble off the bounce, but where's the explosive firs step?

*Yung said he's a good man defender, but I didnt see it. In fact his help D was equally as bad

I watched on my cellphone, so I may have missed a few things. If I were a GM I'd really work this guy out multiple times against a variety of personnel. The skill is there but you have to wonder will his frame hold up at the NBA level. He's skinny as hell, but is he wire strong? Can he hold his position defending the post? These would have to answered pre-draft cause the guy is a 4 all the way. Not center (unless he bulls tremendously). Not a small forward. He's gotta be a power forward in this league.
    Lmao I might change that to an Alright defender cause I DIDN'T SEE IT EITHER.

And yea I want to know who number 15 was too

And PB don't forget his motivational and attitude problems.
    And the dude just doesn't carry himself well. He looks slouched and weak.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    And PB don't forget his motivational and attitude problems.
    And the dude just doesn't carry himself well. He looks slouched and weak.
    I don't see the slouched part but he looks week because he is weak lol.

That's his main problem he needs to hit the gym

Too bad ISHers don't watch college ball so they could drool over Wesley Johnson. Not enough youtube vids out there for them to scout. You will be amazed.

Actually his game is tailor made for NBA ball...he likes having ball in his hands and is very comfortable playing 1 on 1, he should be doing well in US. The only thing he needs to omprove is his conditioning and bulk, but he's a hard worker and is doing fine now in italian club Treviso

There's plenty more vids I just try to figure out what they're saying so it annoys me

he definitely has the skill, but the mental aspect might not be there... also look at the guys he is playing against (eventho some might be bigger than college players, euro league competition isnt the same)

i say which ever team gets him will get a really good player, but they might have to wait for him to develop his game to the nba