Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #16
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If you were the GM, What would you do?

Okay everyone your all forgetting one very important fact. The Bulls are cheap. If we could get Brand and Davis this offseason, and still retain a good bulk of the team, I would grade Pax an A+ for the offseason. But history tells a different story. The only guys weve paid big bucks for is Chandler, and Wallace (both gone might I add) They only sign players that meets Paxsons criteria, so you may as well forget about Davis alltogether. The only major players via trade, that meets this criteria is Brand and Jefferson. I struck a few guys as crazy when i mentioned Jefferson, but you have to realize on thing. We need a star player in some shape or form, and the question is how much are you willing to give up to get it. I'm not saying RJ is the answer to all this teams problems, but of all the trades available to us. He's the most obtainable. Heres to hoping the bulls have a change of heart, and sign some real talent without totally dismantling the team. On a smaller scale Dale Davis might be an attractive FA for us. he gives us a little extra muscle and experience to back up Noah. he does his job, and doesnt mind coming off the bench.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #17
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: If you were the GM, What would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
On a smaller scale Dale Davis might be an attractive FA for us. he gives us a little extra muscle and experience to back up Noah. he does his job, and doesnt mind coming off the bench.

I don't think we need any more big guys taking PT away from TT, Noah, and Gray. If Dale Davis is our backup center, that's not saying a whole lot. The tough thing is that TT plays so much better when he starts, but Gooden deserves to start, and so does Noah, so you need to fit three guys into two starting spots. The logical person to start on the bench is TT, but that slows his development. Gray also had some nice games this year, and if he isn't the backup at center, then that backup had better be good. If Davis doesn't mind getting 0-5 minutes/game, then sign him up. We do need a veteran somewhere on the roster that is a good influence (I'm looking at you Larry Hughes).
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #18
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I don't think we need any more big guys taking PT away from TT, Noah, and Gray. If Dale Davis is our backup center, that's not saying a whole lot. The tough thing is that TT plays so much better when he starts, but Gooden deserves to start, and so does Noah, so you need to fit three guys into two starting spots. The logical person to start on the bench is TT, but that slows his development. Gray also had some nice games this year, and if he isn't the backup at center, then that backup had better be good. If Davis doesn't mind getting 0-5 minutes/game, then sign him up. We do need a veteran somewhere on the roster that is a good influence (I'm looking at you Larry Hughes).

You have a point.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #19
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Gooden's has one year left, Hughes has two. That's going to be one monster expirer in the '09-'10 season.

Just in time for James.

Edit: And Ring... I think they owe it to the fans to sign that all-star player like Elton Brand this offseason after what a horrible season this was.

Last edited by ConanRulesNBC : 04-21-2008 at 06:00 PM.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: