Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default How did Wade land at Marquette?

He's one of a very select few of NBA superstars that didnt come out of HS or go to a great college... how did he end up at Marquette? I know he didnt have the best grades, but coaches can pull strings to get someone if they really want them.

Even Illinois couldn't nab him in their own state?
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How did Wade land at Marquette?

from what i hear and read, he did terrible at school, he went to richards high school which isn't a highly touted bball school they're more known for football, although he was a pretty good player but not outstanding, and richards as a team wasn't all that great, he was ranked in the top 100 in the nation tho somewhere in the 60-80 range, my ex-gf went to the richards and she's the same age as wade and she told me wade was a rockstar at that school they already had posters of him everywhere so... i dunno! but academically he was a problem at that time

he also sat out his freshman year at marquette and i also heard he went to europe (wasn't sure if it was bball related) and he DRASTICALLY improved his game during that span also, tom crean and staff does a great job of recruitting rough gems out of chicago also, wades my favorite player on the planet
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
from what i hear and read, he did terrible at school, he went to richards high school which isn't a highly touted bball school they're more known for football, although he was a pretty good player but not outstanding, and richards as a team wasn't all that great, he was ranked in the top 100 in the nation tho somewhere in the 60-80 range, my ex-gf went to the richards and she's the same age as wade and she told me wade was a rockstar at that school they already had posters of him everywhere so... i dunno! but academically he was a problem at that time

he also sat out his freshman year at marquette and i also heard he went to europe (wasn't sure if it was bball related) and he DRASTICALLY improved his game during that span also, tom crean and staff does a great job of recruitting rough gems out of chicago also, wades my favorite player on the planet
Wade wasn't in any Top 100 that I know of. He was maybe a little underrated coming out of high school but he wasn't a terrific prospect.

Illinois didn't recruit him for the same reasons everyone else besides DePaul, Marquette and Illinois State didn't. It was more or less known he was going to be a Prop 48 and unlike Frank Williams- who was a Prop 48 two years before, and it wasn't as widely known that he'd be one as it was with Wade- he wasn't an elite prospect.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #4
24Love
I airball my layups

24Love has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
He's one of a very select few of NBA superstars that didnt come out of HS or go to a great college... how did he end up at Marquette? I know he didnt have the best grades, but coaches can pull strings to get someone if they really want them.

Even Illinois couldn't nab him in their own state?

marquete is still a good school for basketball
24Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

At the time, it wasn't.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: